CSIR is glad to announce that the application is currently ongoing for the CSIR Bursary in South Africa 2022 for new applicants. If you are a South African Student this could be the lifetime opportunity you have been waiting to push your academics further.
World scholarship forum being the best scholarship/bursary portal has taken it upon themselves to provide you with all South African Scholarships/Bursary for local and international studies and this is one of them.
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), founded in the year 1945, is one of the premier and fundamental research and development firm in South Africa.
The CSIR is currently Africa’s the greatest search and development firm, that covers approximately 10 percent of the entire African American African R&D spending budget.
The CSIR’s 7 Major focus areas include Industry, Energy, Natural Environment, Built Environment, Digital Environment, Health and Defense and Security. The company is situated at the town of Pretoria, in a unique campus and has a staff base of around 3000 scientific and technical researchers.
A number of the vital issues that the provider intends to address via interventions comprises — establishing a state has the capacity to supply high-quality services to South African citizens consistently; growing job opportunities and a robust economy positively adding to societal and financial infrastructure development (including water resources, energy, and transport and ICT networks).
What you need to know About CSIR Bursary in South Africa
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as some of these bursaries does not have an appointed time of closing date, but for candidates applying CSIR BURSARY are urged to send their applications ahead of time, so it reaches them before the closing date.
Level/Field of Study
CSIR invites talented young individuals to apply for the bursary if they wish to pursue a career in innovation, technological development, and research. The bursary aims to increase the number of black people and females in the engineering, science and technology sector, particularly in:
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country university. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration costs, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks allowance, accommodation, meal allowance, laptop allowance and a living allowance.
CSIR Bursary ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently, in Matric or have completed Matric
Current Matric students:
- Achieved a minimum of level 5 for English (First Language)/ level 5 for English (Second Language)
- Achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics
- Achieved a minimum of level 6 for Physical Science
- Plan to study full-time towards a BSc/ BEng Engineering degree at a South African public university
Current tertiary students
- Currently studying full-time towards a BSc/ BEng Engineering degree at a South African public university
- Passed all previous subjects for your qualification
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.csir.co.za/bursaries
Read the privacy notice and then select the “Continue to apply” to proceed with your application.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric mid-year exam results (if currently in Matric of)
- Matric certificate OR final results (if completed Matric) (certified copy of)
- Full academic record (if at tertiary level)
If you are having difficulty applying, please contact the CSIR Bursary Office via the contact details below.
31 August. (Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Contact Person: Khuliswa Jakuja
CSIR Bursary Office
Tel: 012 841 2665
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Deloitte Bursary in South Africa
- Danish Government Scholarship at the University of Southern Denmark
- Shoprite Bursaries in South Africa
- Unilever Bursary South Africa [Updated]
- Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships in South Africa
- Nedbank Bursary South Africa [Updated]
- Mercedes-Benz Bursary in South Africa
- NRF Masters and Doctoral Scholarships in South Africa
- Engen Petroleum Bursaries in South Africa