By graduating from a primary or secondary school in the Western District of Victoria in Australia, you qualify to win a scholarship toward college. The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship is easily available for Australian students from the District of Victoria to study at Federation University, Australia, in 2023.
Federation University Australia is inviting applications for Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students from Australia or New Zealand.
The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship was introduced in 2003. The Scholarship is funded by Perpetual Trustees Tasmania Ltd, which administers the late Harold White Carroll estate.
Harold Carroll was a grazier in Coleraine, Victoria, and on his death in 1998, a fund was established to provide a scholarship for deserving students from the Western District of Victoria to allow them to continue their studies.
Applicants must be former pupils of primary or secondary schools in the Western District of Victoria, with preference given to former pupils of Port Fairy Consolidated School, St Patrick’s Primary School (Port Fairy), Balmoral High School, Balmoral Consolidated School, Coleraine Primary School, or St Joseph’s School (Coleraine).
Table of Contents
- About the Sponsor: Federation University Australia
- What You Need To Know About The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship at Federation University Australia
About the Sponsor: Federation University Australia
Federation University Australia (FedUni) has a vital education and training delivery tradition spanning nearly 150 years. We are the nation’s first regional, multi-sector University and the third oldest site of higher learning in Australia.
FedUni offers an increasing number of higher education, TAFE, secondary schooling, and research opportunities. With campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, our programs are also delivered online and via various partner institutes across Australia and around the globe. A student support center is also based in Malaysia.
The University has around 20,000 international and domestic students. We are committed to serving regional Victorian communities yet have a broad national and international outlook. We offer the best of both worlds, combining a solid tradition of tertiary education with the freedom and dynamism that comes with being a multi-sector university with close links to local industry and technology.
What You Need To Know About The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship at Federation University Australia
FedUni is recognized as a welcoming and friendly university for international students. We emphasize the quality of our teaching and learning, delivering a range of innovative programs through both our Higher Education and vocational education and training.
Level/Field of Study
The Scholarship is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students who want to study in Australia.
The Scholarship will be taken in Australia to study at Federation University Australia. If you are an international student and wish to study in Australia, this is for your Latest Australian Permanent Residency Visa & Citizenship Requirements.
Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa. We are commencing or continuing full-time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country—Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance of $3000 per annum for up to 3 years.
Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for this Scholarship, you must fit into the following categories:
- Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, and holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa, and
- Students are studying Year 12 in Western District.
For further information, view Harold Carroll’s Selection Criteria(pdf 86kb) document.
How To Apply For The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship
Your application must be submitted online using the Harold Carroll Application Form
Please note: The application will need to include the following. Please ensure you have these things ready when completing the online application.
- A 600-word or less statement providing evidence of the applicant’s determination and diligence towards the study and future study, even though you may not necessarily have been amongst the highest achieving students. As well as what you hope to achieve at University
- Letter of reference from your current school
- Letter of reference from a prominent community representative (optional)
Scholarship Application Deadline: 26 October 2023
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Curtin University Merit Scholarships in Australia
- Petroleum Engineering Scholarship | ECU First Cohort Scholarship for International Students in Australia
- Monash University Malaysia Scholarships for Undergraduate Students Research Scholarship
- International College of Management Undergraduate Scholarship in Sydney, Australia
- Switzerland International Masters Scholarship
- Vietnam International Education Development
- East Carolina University(ECU) Inspiring Minds Equity Scholarship
- ECU Business and Law Dean’s Honours Scholarship
- APPLY: Mount Lawley Teachers College Memorial Award