Apply now for The Ian Parry Scholarship, this scholarship is for young photographers worldwide and is if two categories, The Award for Achievement and the Award for Potential – to undergraduates and recently graduated students, who wish to undertake a relevant, photography project. Applicants must ensure to comply with eligibility criteria.
About the Award: The award is open to all full time students of any age including recently (within the last year) graduated students and BA, MA and MFA students. It is also open to photographers (not attending a course) who are 24 years old or younger.
Application Deadline: 1st September 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries
To be taken at (country): London, UK
Eligibility: Entrants must submit a portfolio and a brief but clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship. The following eligibility must be met:
- Send a 12 image portfolio, which can be a photographic essay or single images with clear captions for each image.
- If sending a photographic essay, it does not have to be related to your project proposal.
- A brief and clear proposal of a project you wish to undertake should you win, mapping out the scope and purpose of your project.
- You should include your research and a basic budget with your proposal.
- There is no fee for entry.
Selection Criteria: Judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits and appropriateness of the entries.
Number of Awardees: Two (2)
Value of Scholarship:
- Work from the winners will be added to their prestigious collection and will be invited to visit the collection for a private tour.
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project
- Canon provides equipment to the winners.
- Year long Mentorship Programme for the winner of the Award for Potential.
- The winner of the Achievement Award will automatically be accepted into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- The winner of the Achievement Award will be added to Getty Images’ online Emerging Talent group.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply here
Award Provider: The Incite Project, Canon, World Press Photo, Getty Images, The Ian Perry Scholarship Foundation.
- Winners will be announced at the annual Awards and Exhibition event in London in the Autumn, details to follow.
- Winning entrants will be required and agree to donate three sets of prints from a selection of their entry.
- The prints will be paid for by The Ian Parry Scholarship and The Incite Project, the third set will be for the winners.
- Where possible, the winners will be invited to attend at our print sponsors, Touch Digital, during the printing and be given tuition on printing and archiving of their work.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.