INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries in India.
The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) is offering fellowship programme opportunities to developing countries in India . It includes short-term, participatory research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research institutions in India. Applicants possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines, candidates below 45 years of age may apply. The fellowship covers return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, boarding and lodging at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover incidental expenses.
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: short-term, participatory research studies in India
Field(s): It covers research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research institutions in India.
Deadline: 30th April and 31st October in a calendar year
Funded By: Indian National Science Academy (INSA)
INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship is targeted for Students from developing countries except India (Afghanistan, Algeria,Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina,Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria,Burkina Faso, Burma,Burundi, Cambodia,Cameroon,Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia,Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador,Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,
Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor, Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship Programme.
‣ Award No: About 10 fellowships are awarded annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The maximum period of award will be for three months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship covers return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, boarding and lodging at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover incidental expenses.
‣ Indian National Science Academy (INSA), a premier scientific organization in India representing all branches of Science and Technology, has instituted the INSA-JRD TATA Fellowship administered by CICS in honour of the late JRD Tata, visionary and a leading industrialist.
‣ The purpose of this INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship is to extend facilities of scientific infrastructure and expertise of India to scientists and researchers from other developing countries. The Fellowship established from an Endowment received from Sir Dorabji Tata Trust fosters advanced research training of scientists from the developing world and promote south-south co-operation.
‣ The INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship is intended for researchers (Nationals) from developing countries except India, who have aptitude for research and would be desirous of working in an Indian research laboratory for a maximum period of 3 months.
‣ Applicant (other than Indian) possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age (as on 31 December of the previous year of selection) affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country (Other than India)..
‣ Applicant must possess a valid passport. -Applicant must have acceptance from the Indian Host Institution for his research training in India under INSA JRD-TATA Fellowship (as per the format).
Selection Criteria for INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship
‣ Selection is based on the recommendations of a Committee consisting of eminent scientists. The committee meets twice a year during May and November.
Notification: Not Known
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Completed application along with necessary enclosures should be sent as soft copy to the email address dircics-at-gmail.com followed by postal copy addressed.
‣ List of enclosures to accompany the application:-
- A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth & age, applicant’s research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc.
- A brief write-up describing the proposed research work.
- Reprints of 5 best publications (past 5 years);
- Two passport size photographs.
- Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification.
- A letter of consent from Parent Institution;
- Copy of the first page of passport showing date of birth, date of issue and date of expiry;
- Letter of acceptance from the Host Institution in India (Please obtain acceptance letter from the Host Institute as per the format)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th April and 31st October in a calendar year