Institute for Human Science is inviting application from candidate for Milena Jesenska Fellowships for Journalists for the academic year 2018.
Milena Jesenská Fellowships are intended as an award for excellence and are directed towards experienced European journalists (including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey). The Fellowship Program offers European journalists time off from their professional duties in order to pursue in-depth research on a topic of their choice.
The Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) is an independent institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences. The IWM is registered as a private non-profit organization and receives its core funding from the Austrian Government (Ministry for Science, Research and Economy), the Polish Government (Ministry of Science and Higher Education) and the City of Vienna (Cultural Affairs and Science). In addition, its programs and activities are financed by international foundations and other research funding institutions.
Level/Field of study:
Fellowships are available to Journalists to do in-depth research on a topic of their choice.
The scholarship is hosted by the Institute for Human Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Fellowship is open to European journalists (including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey)
During the next fellowship term, four fellows are invited to spend three months each at the IWM in Vienna, Austria.
They will receive a stipend of EUR 2,500 per month. In addition, the IWM provides them with an office including access to internet, administrative and research facilities as well as other services free of charge.
Travel grants of up to EUR 1,900 can be paid for project-related research trips.
The number of offers was not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Milena Jesenská Fellowships are intended as an award for excellence and are directed towards experienced European journalists (including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey).
- Applicants must have worked in print, broadcast or online journalism for several years and must have an outstanding professional record.
- Applications by entry-level journalists or students will be rejected.
Please complete all sections of the application form including signatures and ensure that supporting documentation is attached.
Applications have to be submitted via the online application form including:
- a concise project proposal in English (max. 8,000 characters incl. spaces) with a description of the intended outcome (book, article(s), film, TV or radio broadcast etc.)
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- International Ambassador Scholarships at UWL in UK, 2018
- International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London
- 50 international ambassador scholarships at University of West London in UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.