Working to deliver on its promise that you are in good hands, Allstate insurance provides auto insurance customers with personalized service through its network of agents and easy-to-use online and mobile tools.
Allstate also offers a number of perks and discounts, although the policies may be more expensive than similar policies from other insurers.
Allstate stands out for its low auto insurance complaints, but given its consistently high average rates, it would be wise to look for a better deal.
A Brief History of Allstate
Founded in 1931, Sears and Roebuck & Co. President and Chief Executive Officer General Robert E. Wood founded an auto insurance company that sold policies through the mail.
In 1993, Allstate went public with the largest initial public offering of its time. Two years later, Sears sold its remaining shares to Sears shareholders, making Allstate an independent company.
Today Allstate is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois and has more than 113 million policies in place.
Allstate is probably best known for its auto insurance, but the huge company offers a wide variety of financial services.
With its huge reach, wide range of products, and many local agents, it’s a great choice for consumers looking for an accessible one-stop business.
Allstate has the usual auto-coverage options, as well as a few optional features that you can add at an additional cost (depending on your state), including:
- Accident forgiveness, which means your rates won’t go up because of an accident, even if it is your own fault.
- Bonus for safe driving: You will receive a check for every six months of accident-free driving with Allstate.
- Deductible: For every year of no negligence, get $ 100 off your collision deductible, up to $ 500 off. Allstate will deduct the first $ 100 when you sign up.
- New car replacement: If you add up a new car within the first two model years, you can receive a check for a new car, not just the depreciation of your car.
- Roadside assistance in three different options: pay-per-use, as an add-on to auto policies, or from Allstate’s Motor Club, a subscription service similar to the AAA.
- Rideshare Insurance: Allstate’s Ride for Hire coverage is an add-on for customers who ride ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft. This policy is not available in all states.
Full ridesharing coverage only begins while you are carrying passengers, with limited coverage between journeys. Allstate’s ride-sharing insurance is built into your regular policy and covers you for the life of your app.
What are the advantages of buying Allstate insurance?
- Large Agent Network – Allstate has a network of 10,400 agents in all 50 states, which means customers can easily find an agent to help them get the coverage they need.
- Lots of Discounts and Perks – The company offers its customers a number of ways to reduce their costs, including multiple policies, new car and full-paying discounts, and perks like accident forgiveness and a safe driver bonus.
- Easy to make a claim – There are several ways to make a claim quickly and easily, including the mobile app, online, and by calling Allstate’s toll-free number. You can also contact your agent directly.
What are the disadvantages of Allstate insurance?
- High tariffs compared to other insurers – Allstate tariffs are reportedly higher than many of its competitors, despite numerous options for discounts and other tariff cuts.
- Insurance is only sold for a six month period – Allstate offers a six month period for its auto insurance. With some other insurers, you can choose between six or twelve months.
Allstate Car Insurance Coverage
Allstate’s personal auto insurance includes the following types of coverage:
The Allstate Liability Insurances are:
- Personal Injury Liability – This type of coverage covers personal injury or death to someone who was injured in an accident for which you are at fault.
It can help cover costs related to emergency medical assistance at the scene of the accident, medical expenses, and loss of wages for the injured party, funeral expenses, and legal defense costs.
- Property Damage Liability – If you cause property damage in an accident that is your fault, this type of coverage will repair or replace the damaged property.
The coverage can help pay for damage to buildings such as houses and shop fronts, the repair or replacement of stationary objects, and the repair or replacement of vehicles.
Liability insurance is required by law in all states except New Hampshire.
This type of coverage covers damage to your car as a result of an accident, regardless of who is at fault. Once you’ve met your excess, your accident insurance can help pay for your car to be repaired or replaced if you run into another car or a stationary object, or if your car is damaged in a parking lot.
Fully comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car that has causes other than accidents. Cover can pay for the repair or replacement if your car is damaged due to any of the following:
- Storms or natural disasters
- Vandalism or theft
- Broken windows
- Animal harm
- Falling objects
Medical payment protection
This covers the treatment costs of an insured driver and his passengers if they are injured in an accident, regardless of who was to blame for the accident.
This type of cover may also cover the medical costs of the insured person or his family members if he or she is injured as a pedestrian or passenger in someone else’s car.
Uninsured and underinsured motorist protection
Allstate’s Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Insurance can help you pay for property damage or medical expenses resulting from an accident caused by an uninsured or uninsured motorist.
Twenty-one states and the District of Columbia require coverage for uninsured drivers, but only a handful requires underinsured coverage.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
PIP can help you settle medical bills, hospital bills, and expenses not covered by your health insurance if you have an accident, including:
- Continuation of income
- Loss of service
- funeral expenses
- Childcare costs
PIP is required by law in 17 states.
Related Post: What is Cyber Insurance? Overview and Coverage
Personal umbrella policy
Umbrella coverage can protect you when you are faced with a liability claim that exceeds your liability limits. A personal umbrella policy is an optional addition to your other insurance coverage.
This optional insurance add-on can help cover the cost of roadside assistance. Allstate Street Coverage pays for the following:
- Tow away
- Jump start
- Tire change
- Be locked out
- Delivery of fuel
Rent Refund Protection
If your car was damaged in an accident or needs to be taken to the garage for repairs, this can help you pay for your rental car while you wait for the repair. It’s completely optional.
Custom device covers
Not common with all auto insurers, this coverage provides means to replace stolen or damaged equipment, speakers, sound system components, aftermarket parts, video equipment and more in your car.
Allstate auto insurance discounts
Allstate offers its customers a number of different discounts to help them lower their premiums and deductibles.
- Multiple Insurance Discounts – By bundling your auto insurance policy with any of Allstate’s other insurance offerings, you can save money on all of your policies.
- Early Bird Discount – Get a discount if you sign your policy seven days or more before it takes effect.
- Responsible Payer Discount – Customers who have not received a non-payment notice in the past year will receive a discount.
- EZ Pay Plan Discount – Allstate offers this discount when you set up automatic withdrawal of your rewards.
- Allstate eSmart Discount – Get a discount on your premiums when you sign up for the paperless ePolicy, which allows you to view your insurance policies and papers online.
- Full Pay-In Discount – Pay in full instead of monthly payments and Allstate will give you a discount.
Driving habits and history
- Smart Student Discount – Unmarried drivers under the age of 25 are eligible for this discount. To qualify, you must have at least a B Average (a GPA of 2.7 or greater), have successfully completed the teenSMART Driver Education program, or be attending school more than 160 miles from your car’s garage.
- Safe Driving Bonus – Every six months that Allstate drivers are accident-free driving, they receive this bonus.
- Deductible – Every year drivers are collision free; Allstate will deduct $100 from their deductible, up to a limit of $500.
- Drivewise – If you sign up for Allstate’s Drivewise program and stay active, you will receive a discount on your reward. It is a personalized driving program that measures your safe driving through the Allstate Mobile App.
In addition to the premium discount; you can receive cash back for safe driving every six months with Drivewise.
- New Car Discount – Drivers who buy a new car that is either the current model year or a year earlier and is the first owner are eligible for the new car discount.
- Anti-lock discount – drivers whose cars are equipped with anti-lock brakes receive this discount.
- Theft Protection Discount – Drivers whose cars are equipped with theft protection are eligible for this discount.
Allstate Auto Insurance availability
Allstate offers auto insurance in every state in the country and in the District of Columbia. In addition, Allstate has insurance agents in each state, so you should be able to find a local agent who can meet your needs.
Allstate customer service
Allstate’s advertisements emphasize allegedly excellent customer service and generally appear to offer a number of methods for customers to get the care they need.
The insurer offers its customers a mobile app that not only serves as a digital insurance ID and as a storage location for policy documents; It also provides access to on-demand roadside assistance, enables drivers to take smartphone photos to quickly initiate a claim, allows you to pay your bill, and provides instant access to an agent.
The app is available for both iOS and android and has a 4.8 out of five star rating on iOS and a 3.2 out of five star rating on Android.
Allstate’s website also has robust tools that make it easy for users to get through all of their insurance papers, claims processes, bill payments, and other tasks.
Allstate’s Mobile App
Allstate’s mobile app helps customers access their policies and ID cards, giving users the ability to pay bills anywhere, anytime, check the status of a claim, get roadside assistance, and even use augmented reality to guide ways to safety to indicate in the event of a fire or other emergency.
It contains the Drivewise function, which tracks driving behavior.
Other functions are:
- Drivewise for insights into your safe driving behavior
- QuickFoto for taking photos after an accident or damage
- Roadside assistance on demand
- Agency access to contact your agent
- Easy access to policy documents
- The Allstate Digital Locker for creating a home inventory
Allstate is readily available to almost every driver in the country. However, despite its ubiquity, Allstate does not necessarily offer the best prices compared to its competitors, and customer satisfaction ratings are below average.
Allstate is a great option for drivers who want mobile and digital tools and easy access to a large network of agents and reputable repair shops.