Your student email is a tool for correspondence as long as you are a student of a particular institution. So, if you’ve been attending LACC for a while, you will need to use your e-mail account until the day you graduate from LACC.
This article will walk you through the steps for creating and using your LACC student email account to maneuver communication hitches that may arise during your course of study.
Table of contents
- What is the LACC Student Email Address?
- How do I get the LACC Student Email Address?
- Why is it Essential to get the LACC Student Email?
- Who Powers the LACC Student Email?
- What can I do with the LACC Student Email?
- How Can I Reset My LACC Student Email?
- How Can I get in touch with LACC?
- LACC Student Email Etiquette
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the LACC Student Email Address?
LA City College’s e-mail address is the official form of communication between the students and the school. It’s for sending important information, such as grades or class updates. You’ll find the LACC e-mail address on your student portal under “My Academics.”
It’s essential to check your LACC e-mail address because you might get class updates via your LACC e-mail account. For example, if you’re taking a course and need to know what the professor has planned for the next class meeting or if any other essential announcements need to be made public.
How do I get the LACC Student Email Address?
#1. Go to the LACC Website
Go to lacc.edu and click on the Quick Links section. Click on E-mail, then select Student E-mail from the below dropdown menu. Once you’ve chosen Student E-mail, enter your LACCD ID number (on your student’s ID card) and password to access your account information online.
#2. Select Email
Under the Quick Links section, you will see a link labeled “E-mail.” Click on that link, and you will be redirected to a login page where you can enter your LACCD ID and password.
#3. Login Page
Enter your LACCD ID and password. You can use this e-mail address to register for classes and check your schedule.
#4. Enter your LACCD ID and your Password
To get your LACC student e-mail address, you’ll need to enter your LACCD ID and password. Your LACCD ID is the same on your student Portal login page; it’s under “My Account” in the top right corner of the screen.
The password for this account is “LACC” (without quotes), which you may have forgotten by now!
#5. You will access your Student Email Address
You can access your student e-mail address by going to the LACC website, clicking on Account Settings in the top right corner of your screen, then selecting “Student Information.” Once you’re there, you will see all of your student information, including:
- Your full name (first and last)
- Your ID number (if applicable)
- Your class schedule for any classes that have already started
Why is it Essential to get the LACC Student Email?
Below are some reasons you must have the LACC student e-mail address.
The LACC Student E-Mail is the official e-mail address that Los Angeles City College uses to communicate with you. Your student e-mail is for communicating with faculty, staff, and students at LACCD. It’s also essential for accessing information about your classes, grades, scholarships, and more!
You can use your student e-mail address when:
- · Signing into other systems on campus (i.e., Library)
- · Communicating with faculty or staff members
For LACCD’s Canvas, OpenCCCApply and MyCollege accounts
You can sign into LACCD’s Canvas, OpenCCCApply, and MyCollege accounts with your student e-mail.
Central Point of Contact
Your student e-mail is a central point of contact for all LACCD administrative and department communications.
All information, deadlines, and announcements are via your student e-mail address. You can sign into your myLACCD account with your student e-mail. You can also sign into the LACCD portal with your student e-mail.
Who Powers the LACC Student Email?
Microsoft Office 365 Powers the LACC student e-mail.
What can I do with the LACC Student Email?
You can send, receive, and store your correspondence through the LACC inbox. However, there are some additional features available only to students that live on campus or work at one of our partner organizations:
Create and send an Email message
You can use the LACC student e-mail to create an e-mail message and send it to another person. It’s also possible to reply, forward, or delete previous messages.
Check Your LACC Email Account
If you have received an e-mail from LACC, it’s essential to check your spam folder. E-mails can move to your spam channel before being delivered to your inbox.
If you don’t see an e-mail in your inbox after 24 hours (or if it’s been longer), contact the sender at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an Attachment to your Email
You can send an attachment to your e-mail. Attachments are documents, photos, and videos you want to send in the body of an e-mail or as a file attachment.
Add a Signature to your Email
You can add a signature to your e-mail by clicking on the “Signature” tab at the bottom of your e-mail. When you do this, you will see a box that says “Signature.” You can add other important contact information in this section, such as a phone number or e-mail address.
It is important to note that if you do not want others to see your phone number or e-mail address, it should hide this information from view when sending or receiving e-mails through LACC’s system. To do so:
- Click on “Settings” in the upper right-hand corner of your screen (you may need to click “Account Settings” instead).
- Under “Personal Information,” select “Personal Info.”
- In the middle section labeled “Display Personal Info in E-mails Sent From This Account (checkboxes),” uncheck any boxes where applicable so that only those who know about their display settings for each user will see them when reading their messages sent from one another
Create an e-mail folder
You can create a folder for each class or project you take. This is especially helpful if you’re sending e-mails to multiple people in your style because it will keep your correspondence organized by topic.
How Can I Reset My LACC Student Email?
To reset your LACC student e-mail, follow these steps:
- Log into your LACC student portal.
- Click on the “E-mail” button.
- Click the “Forgot Password” link and fill out the form for a new password or recovery method (if applicable). You can also click on this link from any other page within the portal if you cannot log in using your current credentials and need help resetting them through multiple steps.
Once you have entered all the information to reset your forgotten password, click on “Reset Password” again so that it is highlighted green at this point!
How Can I get in touch with LACC?
- Admission: email@example.com
- Accommodation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library: email@example.com
- Bursary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inquiries: email@example.com
- Scholarships: firstname.lastname@example.org
LACC Student Email Etiquette
As a student, use e-mail with care and consideration. Below are some essential rules of etiquette when communicating with faculty members via the LACC student e-mail.
Keep it Brief
- Use the subject line to let the recipient know what your e-mail is about.
- Be concise, but don’t make it sound like an e-mail from a spammer. It’s okay to use short words and phrases that are easy for readers to understand.
- Please don’t use all caps (unless it’s a critical letter). Also, avoid abbreviations unless they’re part of the name of something (like “UW” instead of “University of Washington”).
Speak in a Friendly but Professional Tone
When you send an e-mail, make sure it’s professional. There are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Use proper spelling and grammar.
- Avoid slang, abbreviations, and emoticons.
- Spell check. It’s a good idea to use spell check before sending an e-mail, especially if you’re writing a paper or report that others will read.
- Read it out loud. If there’s anything in your e-mail that sounds odd or unfamiliar, have someone else read it; often, this can help identify an error or misspelled word.
Use Proper Names and Titles
Proper names and titles are a great way to show respect.
- If you want to be more formal, use “Mr.” or “Ms.” before the first name in your e-mail (e.g., Mr./Ms., Dr./Prof.).
- Titles are also an essential part of writing e-mails that aren’t just polite but also professional—and can help you avoid confusion when replying later with more information about a student’s project or assignment due date (if applicable).
Address the issue(s) directly
It would be best not to beat around the bush when addressing an issue or question. It’s also helpful to be brief and direct. This will help your student feel heard and respected, which is vital for their learning experience.
Include Attachments when Appropriate
When you send an e-mail, make sure that you attach something relevant. This can be anything from a resume to an outline of your project. Attachments should apply to the message and not just something at the end of your statement because it’s convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions
.edu mail is the email that each student gets when enrolling in college.
Visit mycollege.laccd.edu and enter your password.
Yes, you can reset your e-mail if you forget your password.
Yes, the LACC App is available for both Android and iPhones.
Microsoft Office 365 powers the LACC Student e-mail address
The LACC student e-mail is the center of information and communications at Los Angeles City College. This piece has reviewed everything you need to know about the LACC student e-mail, from setting it up to re-setting.
- Logging In To Student Email – Los Angeles City College
- Student Email – Department Home – Los Angeles City College
- Student Email – Phone Setup- Los Angeles City College
- LACC Student Life
- Los Angeles City College Foundation