Learning English can often seem difficult and overwhelming, but not with online English courses. For these reasons, we have shortlisted some online free diploma courses with certificates in the English language.
The good thing about these courses is that they are free(you don’t pay to learn them). Therefore, you can check out the 10 Online Free Diploma Courses With Certificates In the English Language.
Regardless of the many languages, one is fortunate to be fluent in, English takes its place as one of the world’s predominant forms of communication with its influences extending over as many as over 2 billion people globally.
However, this free online courses in the English Language will give you a fascinating overview of the English language and its cultural treasures. English is not just useful, but also rich in history and literature.
So, in this article, we will be telling you more on how to go about the Free online courses like, Universities that offers free online courses in English, the benefits of an online course, and also showing you the 10 Online Free Diploma Courses With Certificates In English Languages 2021.
Before we continue, let’s go through the table of contents below to get an overview of all this post entails.
Why Choose Online Free Diploma Courses With Certificates In English Languages?
There are a lot of reasons to choose or study online like, you learn on your own time, in your own space, on your schedule. You have flexibility over what you study. And you can study just about anything. Studying online has more benefits than drawbacks.
Unlike traditional learning, in which you will be battling with the early morning wakeup and preparing for school, fighting traffic, leaving work early for class, or missing important family time.
However, here are one reason to study online:
It is a great way to manage job and family commitments
If you are already in the workforce, have a family, or just want and need a way to continue a degree or a program without uprooting your entire life, studying online provides you with that opportunity.
Need to study in the few hours before anyone else is awake? Or only at night, after your official day ends? Studying online allows you to manage your work and family commitments by studying when — and where — you need to.
You will become a lifelong learner
With the world at your fingertips, like having your PC with you always, how can you not? Online learning fills a need across the workforce, academia, personal interests, and everything in between.
Wanting to learn something for the sake of learning it should not hold you back. Online learning will allow you to open the doors to opportunity and inspiration.
Employers will like it
Having online courses on your resume only boosts your job prospects. Online courses are great topics during interviews and show that you have taken the initiative to top up your skills and areas of interest.
The Topics are Endless
You literally have the world at your fingertips and can study just about anything you want. Check out Coursera and edX.
If you need to learn something for work, you can. Interested in something unrelated? That’s a possibility, too.
It is cheaper
There is a clear cost-benefit to online learning. Sometimes, online courses are free, and some charge a modest fee. Financial aid is also available in online courses.
NOTE: if you’re looking for a program, make sure it is accredited. If you need a certification, make sure a nationally or internationally recognized organization grants it.
Why Should I Study the English Language?
There are many reasons to study the English language. It allows you to communicate with new people. It helps you to see things from a different perspective or get a deeper understanding of another culture. It helps you to become a better listener.
Also, it even has health benefits, as studies have shown that people who speak two or more languages have more active minds later in life!
Here are some reasons that learning English improves one’s life.
- It’s the Official Language of 53 Countries. Learning the English language help you interact in any of the countries where English is their official language.
- It’s the most widely spoken language in the world.
- Also, it can help you get a better job.
- It’s the Language of the Media. Most of the content on the internet is written in English. Many of the world’s biggest news outlets, including TV, newspapers, magazines, and radio, are produced in English.
- English is the world’s second language. This means that learning English makes it much easier to travel anywhere you want. For example, airplane announcements, train timetables, emergency information, and street signs are often translated into English, particularly in countries that use a different type of alphabet.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Online diploma Classes In English Language
Fluency in English is essential, not only to ensure your work can be completed at peak efficiency, without linguistic barriers or misunderstandings but also so you can maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Learning English as a second language is a difficult but rewarding undertaking. English is the most popular choice to study as a second language and while it’s fairly easy to pick up the basics to get by, if you want to flourish as a businessman or in a firm, solid understanding of the language both spoken and written is required.
The Advantages of Online Diploma Courses In English
- There’s no commute – when you spend all your working hours driving a taxi, the thought of getting back in a car and driving somewhere else in your downtime can be discouraging. With online learning, your classroom is wherever you are.
- Uninterrupted learning – if you’re away from home, for any reason, you don’t need to wait until you get back to continue learning. Your lessons can continue no matter where you are in the world, ensuring uninterrupted learning.
- Freely downloadable study materials – you can easily access and download things online like videos, audios, texts, workbooks, and presentations
- It’s time effective –you don’t need to waste time traveling to and from lessons. Online learning can take place anytime, anywhere, as long as you have a computer and internet connection.
- It’s cost-effective – you don’t have to spend money on travel, and you often don’t need to spend it on learning materials either.
- Flexibility – you can schedule your lessons at a time that suits you, easily working around your shifts and other commitments.
- No need to take lots of notes – many teachers will record their lessons and send copies to their students afterward, allowing them to go back over what they learned as many times as needed.
- Technical issues – there’s the possibility to have technical issues with your computer, internet connection, webcam, microphone, etc.
- Discomfort – some people find online communication uncomfortable and prefer to have lessons in person. This is often unconscious, and may not occur to you, but could change your learning.
- Software limitations – there are certain exercises that could prove difficult and/or expensive if they require specific software.
- Disembodied voices – it can be very difficult to learn if you only have a voice to listen to. If you’re learning via spoken lessons but without video, it can be difficult to fully absorb the information because you can’t see your teacher’s facial expressions, hand gestures, etc.
- Reputation – like it or not, online learning doesn’t carry as much weight as education gained from a physical institution like a school or college.
- Fewer courses – the number of good online English courses is relatively low. It’s very easy to go to a school, college, or university anywhere in the country and enroll in an English course, but there are comparatively fewer courses available online. If, however, you are living in an area that doesn’t offer any kind of English courses in schools, etc., online learning is a great way to access one.
- Computer fatigue – spending your spare time learning on a computer after sitting down at a desk, spend a lot of time on a computer at work. or in your taxi, all day could cause problems. You might experience headaches, sore eyes, backache, and other health-related issues.
How Do Online Diploma Classes With Certificates For the English Language Work?
Generally, online students regularly log in to a learning management system or LMS, a virtual portal where students can view their syllabus and grades; contact professors, classmates, and support services; access course materials; and monitor their progress on lessons.
Also, involves the use of an online proctoring service. This helps to monitor students as they work. It also allows degree candidates to take assessments away from campus and also provides schools with confidence that students honestly earned their grades.
If you exhibit any form of cheating or malpractice, the service may alert the school.
What Is The Duration For Free Online Diploma Courses In the English Language?
The length of online diploma classes with a certificate in the English language varies according to the school or site you choose.
However, some schools or sites offer coursework that can be completed in as little as 15 hours while others last up to 20 minutes or 8 weeks depending on the type of program.
Also, some of these online classes that last these hours come with videos and assessments, so you have to know that the duration of the online classes lies in your hands, depending on when you finish the work and submit it.
List of Free Online Diploma English Language Courses With Certificates
English is the world’s most widely used language. Communication is paramount for any business, more so in today’s world of cultural diversity intertwined in multi-billion companies. Spoken by billions, English is the international language of business.
A proper understanding of English grammar and the nuances of the English language is essential to success in nearly every field.
In these free, online English courses, students will learn English online from the comfort of home in an online setting.
From conversational English to vocabulary and pronunciation, these English courses are perfectly suited for those looking to sharpen their English skills.
A Diploma in Basic English Grammar takes students deeper into the workings of the English language. So, do not miss out on a chance to start to master your English skills.
Furthermore, here is the list of free online diploma courses in English language courses with certificates.
- Diploma in International Tourism with English Language Studies
- Diploma in Basic English for Business and Tourism
- Social English Language Skills – Revised
- Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language
- Diploma in Hospitality Management with English Language Studies
- Introduction to English Grammar – Tenses and Sentence Structure
- English Literature Analysis
- Introduction to English Grammar – Vocabulary, Pronunciation, and Listening
- Introduction to Conversational English
- English for Tourism – Hotel Reception and Front Desk
Diploma in International Tourism with English Language Studies
This free online international tourism diploma course teaches you about English language use in international tourism, and a range of useful English language phrases and vocabulary for speaking English in a tourist environment.
This course will teach you the vocabulary required to work in hotels, restaurants, and tourist information centers as well as about the language used in business and destination marketing and sales.
YOU CAN CHECK THE 10 Solid Reasons Why You Should Study Online
Diploma in Basic English for Business and Tourism
The importance of English for business communication will never cease as more and more people use the language to handle their international business operations. It is also essential for people working in the tourism and hotel industry.
This course will introduce you to conversational vocabulary and dialogues that will help you improve your English language skills in the areas of business and travel.
Social English Language Skills – Revised
This free online Social English Language Skills course is for anyone who wants to meet new people and make friends. English is one of the most spoken languages all over the world and by guiding you through the basics of social language skills, you will be able to discuss fun topics and open up your social life.
Also, it will help you see things from a different perspective and get a deeper understanding of another culture.
Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language
This free online Teaching English as a Second Language course will teach you about the five stages of Second Language Acquisition. It will also help you promote these stages in your classroom in a practical manner.
Also, the course details the needs of adult ESL learners, and the learning styles of different students, and explains the activities and exercises that improve students’ English language abilities.
Diploma in Hospitality Management with English Language Studies
Learn the key characteristics and English language skills required in the hospitality industry. This free online hospitality management with the English language diploma course will give you teach you everything you need to know about working in hospitality with the English language.
You will not only learn about the best practices of hospitality but crucial vocabulary and grammar for using English at your workplace.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to converse with English-speaking customers, guests, and co-workers with ease.
Introduction to English Grammar – Tenses and Sentence Structure
With 1.5 billion speakers, English is the second or third most spoken language in the world, a language of business, of travel, and of opportunity. By mastering English, your world gets a lot better.
This free online course will teach you the basics of English grammar, beginning with English tenses and sentence structure.
These skills will unlock the English language for you and get you a little closer to your first perfect conversation in English.
YOU CAN GO THROUGH Employment-Based Postgraduate Scholarship In Ireland, 2022
English Literature Analysis
This free online course in English literature analysis from Alison will give you a comprehensive introduction to English literature analysis. You will get to know the world-renowned English language writer Samuel Coleridge and study selected drama masterpieces including Macbeth and The Crucible as well as many poems.
So, With this course, you will gain a better insight into literature, play, theatre analysis, and more!
Introduction to English Grammar – Vocabulary, Pronunciation, and Listening
This free online introductory English grammar course teaches vocabulary, pronunciation, and listening. You will study the use of colloquial expressions and make a comparison between informal and formal uses of greetings, introductions, offers, expressions of gratitude, and apologies.
Also, you will learn how to recognize the differences between their usage, which will help you explain what exactly is being communicated, and more!
Introduction to Conversational English
This free online course on conversational English teaches you what to say when you meet people for the first time, and the vocabulary needed to make new friends. Having conversations is a really essential part of life.
Especially if you are in a new country, or learning a new language, a conversation is the best way to improve your day-to-day routine. This course will give you the confidence you need the next time you want to say hello.
English for Tourism – Hotel Reception and Front Desk
This free online English language course teaches you English language skills for use in the hotel reception and front desk. The hotel industry is one of the biggest in the world, employing tens of millions of people globally.
This course will teach you the vital English language skills required to work in a hotel, teaching you how to answer general hotel inquiries, outline a hotel’s check-in and check-out procedures, and much more.
List of Universities That Offer free online Diploma courses with certificates in the English Language
The schools listed below are highly regarded higher education institutions that offer a wide range of free online courses including the English language. These courses typically let students access materials at any time, allowing them to self-pace their studies.
However, if you are searching for any school that offers free online diploma courses with certificates in the English language, here are some of the schools
- The University of Cambridge
- Arizona State University
- The University of Pennsylvania
- University of Nebraska Kearnan
- Yale University
- Utah State University
- The University of California – Irvine
- Carnegie Mellon University
- The University of Massachusetts – Boston
Benefits Of Free Online Courses
Online courses have lots of benefits, which is why are preferable to students for on-campus learning. However, here are some of the benefits:
#1. Work from anywhere, at any time
This is the most appealing beneﬁt of online education for students with many duties to balance. Since everything is available online, accessing class materials and submitting work is very convenient.
#2. Less intimidating
Many students in classroom environments aren’t comfortable speaking in public. In an online environment, it can be much easier to share thoughts with others.
#3. More time to think before sharing
In an online environment, students can spend as much time as they want to think about and point out their own ideas. This can lead to greater conﬁdence and more elegant discussions.
#4. Flexible learning schedule
On-campus students may have to endure in-person lectures that last hours. While not all online programs are built the same, many use PowerPoint presentations and other media that students can understand in pieces.
In other words, a student can experience the ﬁrst half of a lesson one day, and the second half the next day. This can be particularly helpful for those who don’t enjoy sitting in one place for too long.
Although the cost of an online course can be Free or as much or more than a traditional course, students can save money by avoiding many fees typical of campus-based education, including lab fees, commuting costs, parking, hostels, etc.
What Kind of Job Can I Do With an English Language Certificate?
English language students have different kinds of jobs. However, the skills you gain through studying English are marketable in most job sectors.
So, the common careers with English certificates include librarianship, archiving, bookselling, information and research, tourism, events management, social work, youth work, probation work, human resources, retail management, sales, Secondary school teacher, Web content manager, and Writer.
A diploma in English is a certificate or deed issued by an educational institution, such as a college or university, that testifies that the recipient has successfully completed a particular course of study.
USA Learns. USA Learns is a popular, comprehensive, free English course for adults. It has a combination of reading, listening, writing, and speaking lessons. It also includes quizzes so you can check your progress.
Yes, online course is good, students should go for it.
1. It is a much affordable cost of learning.
2. Students get an opportunity of learning while earning
3. Self-discipline and responsibility.
4. More choice of course topics.
5. Flexible schedule and environment.
Online classes are no easier than classes offered in the traditional classroom setting and in some cases can even be more difficult.
There are several reasons for this. Online courses require more self-motivation. It can be hard for some students to stay motivated when they’d rather be doing something else.
In conclusion, learning online is an adventurous one. you can get a full education degree and even a diploma course as we have discussed in this article. Also, online learning builds your career, adds more value/ spice to your CV, and also, you will become a lifelong learner.
Therefore if you are ready to take an online course in English, we recommend you can choose from the free online courses we have provided in this article.