Santander Scholarships for Students from Latin America, USA, Spain and Portugal in UK, 2017
In collaboration with Santander Universities, the University of Southampton is offering a number of foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for 2017 entry. These scholarships are open to students from Latin America, the USA, Spain and Portugal.
The University of Southampton is a public research university located in Southampton, England. The origins of the university date back to the founding of the Hartley Institution in 1862 following a legacy to the Corporation of Southampton by Henry Robinson Hartley.
All programmes at the University of Southampton are taught and assessed in the medium of English (other than those in modern foreign languages). Therefore, all applicants must demonstrate they possess at least a minimum standard of English language proficiency.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing foundation, undergraduate and master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Latin America Foundation / Undergraduate / Master’s Scholarships: Various scholarships of £5,000 for Foundation/undergraduate programmes in any subject and £2,500 for Master’s programmes in any subject.
- USA Undergraduate / Master’s Scholarships: 3 scholarships of £1,000 for undergraduate or Master’s programmes in any subject.
- EU Master’s Scholarships: 2 scholarships of £1,000 for Master’s programmes in any subject for students from Spain or Portugal.
Number of Scholarships: There are a number of scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must
- Be a national of or normally resident in one of the following regions or countries:
Latin America – priority may be given to applicants from the current Latin American Santander Universities network (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, or Uruguay)
USA – applicants should have no restrictions on leave to remain in the USA
EU – Spain and Portugal only
- Have graduated or been graduating shortly from a high school (foundation/undergraduate scholarships) or a university (Masters scholarships) in one of the countries above. For Masters scholarships, priority may be given to applicants who have studied at Santander partner universities in Latin America, the USA, Spain or Portugal.
- For Masters scholarships, have obtained a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent in their undergraduate degree. For grade equivalency information, please see the relevant country page on University’s website.
- Have met the University’s English language requirements by the application deadline.
- Have received a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of Southampton.
Nationality: Students from Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, or Uruguay), the USA, Spain and Portugal are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirement: All programmes at the University of Southampton are taught and assessed in the medium of English (other than those in modern foreign languages). Therefore, all applicants must demonstrate they possess at least a minimum standard of English language proficiency.
How to Apply: The Santander scholarships application form and guidelines have been provided below. Once complete, please send the application form and supporting documentation via email.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.