Sure Tips to Get China Student VISA Fast 

We all know that the Chinese population is increasing, and it will take great work to get a China Student Visa to Study there. So, we have come up with a piece of detailed information on how to apply and get China Student VISA  fast.

Studying in China is very interesting. The Language is straightforward to learn; the academic curriculum is that of the World Standard and better. I can say you choose Studying in China is very okay.

The major problem is getting a study permit to enjoy China’s academic excellence. Getting a VISA has been a discouraging factor in studying in China.

We promise to give you tips that can help you get a China Student Visa. First, we start with an introduction.

What is a China student visa?

The China student visa (also known as the X visa). It is issued to foreign students who wish to commence or further advance their studies or undergo internships in one of China’s higher learning institutions. It is of two types: The X1 Visa and the X2 Visa.

What do I need to know about the X1 and X2 visas?

The X1 visa is for long-term study > 180 days (6 months) in China, while The X2 visa is for short-term study ≤ 180 days (6 months) in China.

Both are valid 90 days (3 months) from the issue date. The duration of stay for the X1 is not less than 180 days.

The X2 visa, on the other hand, is not more than 180 days.

As an X1 visa holder, you must apply for a Temporary Residence Permit within 30 days of entering China. The local Exit and Entry Administration will take care of the application permit. The validity of the temporary residence permit can be up to 5 years.

The Temporary Residence Permit allows for the student to freely travel into and out of mainland China based on the discretion of the consular officers according to related Chinese laws and regulations.


You will present the following documents for the permit application

  • Passport
  • Admission notice
  • JW201 or JW202 form
  • Foreigner Physical Examination Record
  • A registration of accommodation
  • A passport-style white-background photo.

After completing their study in China, X1 visa holders will go to the local Exit. The entry Administration to cancel the Temporary Residence Permit and apply for a 30-day tourist visa with zero entry to avoid issues with the authority.

X2 holders, on the other hand, stay in China within 180 days as indicated on the visa, and they don’t need to apply for a temporary residence permit.

The X2 visa can be extended by going to the local Exit and Entry Administration (also local public security bureau) to make an application. This should be done 30 days before the expiration date of the Visa.

How do I apply for the X Visa?

For international students, it’s necessary to find an organization that offers degree programs or internships to foreigners so that they will send a JW201 or JW202 form and an admission letter.

Documents to apply for the China Student Visa (X Visa) are;

  1. Passport

– The applicant’s original international passport is valid for up to at least six months with at least one blank page.

2 Application Form

– Ensure that you fill the form accurately and void of any errors. Only the applicant must duly sign this form.

  1. Recent Photo

– Affix one recent passport-style colour photo with full face and plain white background onto the application form.

  1. Admission Notice

– Original and a copy of the Admission offer letter from a Chinese university or higher learning institution.

Here is a list of Chinese Universities that offer admissions to international students.

JW201 or JW202 Form – for X1 application only

Original and a copy of an approved Foreign Student issued by the Chinese Ministry of Education.

Visa Application Form JW201

Or JW202

Obtain the JW201 or JW202 form from your school.

(You can download the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship)

  1. Physical Health Examination Record for Foreigners.

This is required if the applicant intends to stay in China for over 12 months. (I.e. for the X1 Visa).

After making the application 

The normal processing time is 4 working days from the day of the application. The fee for X Visa is the same as the fee for other types of Chines Visa.

In Nigeria, this fee is 5,000 Naira per applicant and will be paid on the date of the issue of the Visa.

The applicant may wish to accelerate the Visa processing time and this will include extra charges as shown below:

Express Service: processing 2-3 working days; an extra US$ 20 will be charged.

Rush Service: 1 working day processing; an extra US$ 30 will be charged.

(All fees are subject to change based on the jurisdiction of the Chinese embassy in your country)

Am I allowed to work on the X Visa?

It is important to note that working on X Visa Is Not Allowed. Holders of the China X Visa are not permitted to undertake full-time work on the visa. However, the appropriate authority may permit part-time work and internships off-campus.

You have to contact your university or employer after they must have settled in China to see what can be arranged.

Foreign students who go ahead to work violating Chinese regulations or beyond the prescribed scope of jobs or time limit shall be deemed unlawful employment by the Consular officers and will probably have to stop or face expulsion.


Comments are closed.

DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.

You May Also Like