The University of Surrey is offering Merit Scholarships for UK, EU and international students commencing their studies in 2017. Scholarships provide £2,000 cash award and membership of Surrey Sports Park for the first year of study for eligible direct-entry undergraduate students.
The University of Surrey is a public research university located within the county town of Guildford, Surrey, in the South East of England, United Kingdom. The university specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business.
To benefit fully from an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of Surrey, all students need a good standard of English language.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree programmme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering Sciences and Psychology.
Scholarship Award: Merit-based scholarship provides a £2,000 cash award and membership of Surrey Sports Park for the first year of study.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To qualify for the Surrey Merit Scholarship, students must achieve the following grades in one sitting:
- A*AA at A-Level (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or
- 38 points in the International Baccalaureate or
- Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction in the BTEC QCF Extended Diploma or
- AAAAA in Scottish Highers plus AA in Scottish Advanced Highers in relevant subjects or
- A1A1A2A2A2A2 in Irish Highers or
- D3, D3, D3 in the principle subjects in the Cambridge Pre-U
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU students who achieve the required grades in the qualifications listed above only, no other equivalent qualification will be considered for UK/EU students. International students with other overseas qualifications may be eligible
- The scholarship is open to the UK, EU and International students who select Surrey as their firm choice no later than 20 July 2017 and are paying the full £9,250 fees (UK/EU) or above (International students).
Nationality: UK, EU and International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The University of Surrey’s entry requirements vary between programmes.
English Language Requirement: To benefit fully from an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of Surrey, all students need a good standard of English language. The score or level of English language required varies between programmes.
How to Apply: There is no separate application form for the scholarship. In order to participate in the competition for the Scholarships, candidates need to apply for the undergraduate program before the deadline.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 20, 2017.