Honestly, trying to get through university in the U.S is always difficult because of the cost. However, students always borrow money in most cases to achieve this. But, the Texas Tech scholarship has come to help brilliant students. Also, to increase the chances of an academic award, apply for TTU Presidential Scholarship in the United States.
Have you been thinking of how to study at Texas Tech University, and you are very brilliant? Here is the solution for you.
Texas Tech Scholarships 2023 are available for international undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. students. The scholarship will be hosted by Texas Tech University (TTU) in the USA.
Students at Texas Tech University usually have a common concern. This concern is to find a way to finance their education. However, the TTU offers a range of scholarships available to potential and current students.
Some of these scholarships require that students complete the FAFSA application. Therefore, any student wishing to apply for scholarships from the TTU must complete the FAFSA application as soon as possible. In addition, TTU students would like to use the following scholarships to fund their college education.
Table of contents
- When will I know if I got a TTU Scholarship?
- How do I accept the TTU Scholarship?
- Where do I submit my thank you letter for a TTU Scholarship?
- How much is the TTU Presidential Scholarship?
- List of Texas Tech Scholarships
- How to Apply for Texas Tech Scholarships 2023
- Texas Tech Scholarships Deadline
- Frequently Asked Questions
When will I know if I got a TTU Scholarship?
Well, after applying for a TTU grant, you will get the scholarship offer letter after the application deadline (March-May for fall terms and December for spring entrants).
Please ensure you accept the scholarship by the deadline specified in your offer letter. Also, remember that it is a first-come, first-serve process.
How do I accept the TTU Scholarship?
Well, these are the ways you can accept the TTU Presidential Scholarship:
- Firstly, always make sure that you check your Texas Tech email frequently for notifications. However, the reason is for you to know if your financial aid eligibility is ready to view. Also, to get more updates or additional requirements.
- Secondly, you must read and accept the Terms and Conditions related to your financial aid. Also, you will tell us what part of your financial aid you wish to accept – all, some, or none of what is offered.
However, for you to view the financial aid, do the following:
- Look at your Financial Aid Notification.
- Terms and Conditions: Sign into raiderlink.ttu.edu. Click on the MyTech tab and choose View/Accept Aid Package under the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships menu. Select the Aid Year and click on the Terms & Conditions tab.
- View/Accept Aid: Sign into raiderlink.ttu.edu. Click on the MyTech tab and choose View/Accept Aid Package under the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships menu. Select the Aid Year and click on View/Accept Aid tab.
Where do I submit my thank you letter for a TTU Scholarship?
Actually, all documents for Financial Aid and scholarships are submitted on the NEW Double T Dashboard. Also, you can check your verification and academic performance on the Double T Dashboard.
As a matter of fact, the following are the requirements for applying to all TTU scholarships:
- Firstly, the scholarship will award for undergraduate study in any subject which the TTU offers.
- Secondly, the applicant must meet all the following requirements during his/her academic career at Texas Tech University.
- Thirdly, you must be a freshman or a first-year college student to be eligible for the Presidential Scholarship. Also note that college credits earned through dual-credit, CLEP, or AP will not disqualify you.
- Next, the student must have a GPA of 3.0 and above.
- Also, you must maintain full-time enrollment at a Texas Tech University academic program and have at least 30 TTU hours per year.
- The applicant must keep an address, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Furthermore, you must write a thank you letter to the sponsor. The Texas Tech program Office will tell you about this.
- Also, the candidate must attend the required sponsorship events.
- Then, TTU Costa Rica Students are not eligible for programs.
- Finally, if you are a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, you will also qualify to pay in-state tuition.
Level/Field of Study
The TTU Presidential scholarship is meant for a U.S. freshman and international incoming freshman, first-year college student who applies to study at Texas Tech University.
The TTU study abroad scholarship actually takes place in the USA.
On the other hand, the TTU Presidential scholarship is open for only U.S. Freshman and International Freshman.
How much is the TTU Presidential Scholarship?
Actually, the TTU presidential scholarship amount is determined by the following SAT/ACT test score:
- 1100-1190 SAT or 22-24 ACT: $1000/year (For Renewal – 3.0 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1200-1290 SAT or 25-27 ACT: $2000/year (For Renewal – 3.0 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1300-1390 SAT or 28-30 ACT: $4000/year (For Renewal – 3.25 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1400-1490 SAT or 31-33 ACT: $6000/year (For Renewal – 3.25 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1500 SAT or 34 ACT: $8500/year (For Renewal – 3.5 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- National Merit Finalist: $26000+ per year (For Renewal – 3.5 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
List of Texas Tech Scholarships
Freshman Presidential Scholarship
These Texas Tech scholarships are open only to new undergraduate TTU students. However, the award for this scholarship is mainly for their academic achievements.
Also, students selected for this award receive a 50% discount on tuition fees. In fact, this scholarship pays half of the tuition fees per semester. Then, non-residents receiving this scholarship receive an additional benefit.
You get classroom lessons that dramatically reduce the costs of education. The best prizes will be awarded to students if they are admitted to the TTU before mid-April. These scholarships require students to have an average of at least 3.25 and meet the minimum requirements for test results.
Proven Achievers Scholarship
However, this scholarship includes a maximum of $13,000 for students transferring from another institution to the TTU. So, to be eligible, all applicants must have at least 3.5 points on average in their community college career.
In addition, students with at least 60 credit hours admitted to the TTU must be accepted. So, this scholarship can extend for a total of four semesters. However, this can happen if the recipient completes at least 12 hours per semester and has an average of 3.25 during his/her stay at the TTU.
The scholarship is awarded in increments of $3,250 per semester. Kindly click on the link below for more information about this scholarship and other transfer scholarships for TTU students.
How to Apply for Texas Tech Scholarships 2023
Actually, the application process for scholarships at TTU differs a bit depending on the type of candidate. However, doctoral and postgraduate students can receive full information on applying for TTU scholarships via this link.
Besides, current students must complete an academic application form before they can consider them for scholarships. Also, you should use this form to quickly find out if you are qualified for one of the 4,000 university scholarships without having to apply separately for each scholarship.
Current students can also watch a video with application notes. In addition, students are encouraged to obtain scholarships in their department or college.
Texas Tech Scholarships Deadline
In short, all students must stick to the TTU schedule, which can be found here. So, students should try and complete their FAFSA in October. However, freshmen students who wish to get priority scholarship consideration should submit their application before the December 1st deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can apply through the following ways:
1. Go to www.scholarships.ttu.edu
2. Click on How to Apply for Scholarships
3. Select the Continuing Students button
4. Fill out the University Scholarship Application and submit it online by the 1st of February.
To be considered for need-based scholarships, fill out your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov, by the February 15 preference date.
Check with your department or college for any additional major-specific scholarships.
No, you do not need to do that. Also, you will still be considered for merit based scholarships and specific major scholarships from your department that do not require the FAFSA. However, completing the FAFSA increases your chances to be considered for a wider pool of scholarships.
1. Tell the donor about yourself
2. Tell about your present situation
3. Tell about your future plans
4. Tell how the scholarship has helped you
- Freshman Presidential Scholarship at Texas Tech University
- Scholarship Search – ScholarWeb
- Top 10 Percent Scholarship for Texas Tech University | Texas
- Department of Defense Stem Scholarship | USA
- Sugar Industry Scholarship at Sugar Research Institute in Australia
- 10 Public Health Scholarships in UK for Students from Developing Countries
- 24 fully-funded scholarships for developing countries
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries
- 15 Best Civil Engineering Schools in Canada
- Top 20 Masters Scholarship for Marketing Students
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- International Student Scholarships at Kettering University in the USA
- 10 Best Medicine Scholarships in Germany for Students from Developing Countries
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.