U.S. Universities that are Unbelievably Affordable for International Students
A few weeks ago, the number-crunchers and statistical wizards at College Factual released their complete list of universities that offer the best value to international students. The list gives us a glimpse into the universities in America that maintain the affordable tuition rates to international students and, at the same time, ensure quality education and career potential. Because students from all over the world are often eager to study in the U.S., this list is particularly useful, especially as tuition rates continue to increase.
So, if you’re a student anywhere in the world who’s interested in or considering studying in the U.S., take a look at the universities on this list, and see which ones may be the most interesting options for your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Then, you can learn some other key things to keep in mind about having an affordable study experience in the U.S.
List of affordable U.S. universities
- Brigham Young University
- University of Wyoming
- University of South Florida
- Illinois State University
- Stony Brook University
- University of Houston
- Grand Valley State University
- University of Iowa
- Ohio University
- Arizona State University
How international students get the best value living in the U.S.
Looking at the universities on this list, you may notice that they aren’t in huge cities, nor are they among the big, prestigious, high-flying, Ivy League universities. As USA Today reports, “These colleges may not be as big or as diverse as those on the east and west coasts, but many students enjoy the slower pace and the welcoming community they find. Because the schools are located in places in the country with a lower cost-of-living, the education experience tends to be much more affordable.” Because the colleges tend to be in smaller communities and students find themselves immersed in an area full of other students, there is not only an easier adjustment period; it also tends to be a lot cheaper.
Here are some things that help make sure that your university experience is affordable:
- Student dorms offer all-inclusive facilities for students, eliminating any need to pay for expensive rent and utilities.
- College towns tend to be smaller, student oriented places that allow you to get around easily by bicycle
- Students can often expect discounts at local restaurants and cafes, just for being a student!
- International students tend to have the highest tuition requirements, but many also have access to scholarships for studying in the U.S.
- If you’re someone who is bilingual, you may take advantage of the number of students who are seeking language tutors. Why not make some money with your language skills?