The University of Copenhagen is making available four PhD scholarships in fruits, vegetables and legumes quality design starting on September 1, 2018, for working on a full-time basis in the Department of Food Science.
University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale. University of Copenhagen is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for fruits, vegetables and legumes quality design.
- Attractive 3-year full-time employment contract in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early-stage researchers of the European Commission – continuation after the first year is dependent upon a positive evaluation
- Enrolment in a PhD program whereby PhD tuition fee is by the project
- Supervision by experts and access to (beyond) state-of-the-art research and pilot-scale infrastructure
- Training in complementary skills via participation at workshops, winter schools and conferences
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Up to 4 scholarships are available.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Outstanding, self-motivating researcher with the willingness to travel on a regular basis in order to perform top-notch research in leading academic institutions, R&D divisions, and industries.
- Holding a Master´s degree in Food Science and Technology with excellent study results (typically minimum “distinction”, “70%” or “second class upper”).
- The grade point average achieve.
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme: see above for each PhD.
- Previous research publications.
- Other professional activities.
- Language skills: Solid written and oral communication skills in English are prerequisites of any successful application (typically IELTS min. 7, TOEFL internet-based min. 90 or similar level as proven by other tests).
Formal requirements and eligibility
At the time of commencement, it is necessary that the candidate does not have a doctorate degree and are within the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. Furthermore, the candidate must not have reside or carry out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
May 6, 2018
Send the application, in English, must be electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Cover Letter, stating which of the four PhD projects you are applying for and describing research career goals, skills and experience
- 2-page research project related to the topic of choice
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Full contact details of two reference persons
- Documentation of English language qualifications
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)