Entries are now been accepted for the VLIR-UOS Scholarship for Training and Masters Program in Belgium 2018, hurry now and apply
What You Need To Know About VLIR-UOS Scholarship for Training and Masters Program in Belgium
Each year, applications for the VLIR-UOS Training and Masters’ Scholarships. The scholarship open to students from limited number of developing countries as listed below. He or she must be planning to undertake master or training program at one of the Participating Belgian Flemish university or college. The VLIR-UOS Scholarship covers all of the related expenses.VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from 54 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to follow an English-taught training or master programme at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and training programs in any English Taught subject.
Only those from one of the following countries are invited to apply:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay
VLIR-UOS Scholarship is a full scholarships for the total duration of the training or Master. The scholarships cover allowance, accommodation, insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all interested students must ensure to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Be national and resident of one of the 54 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America at the moment of application. It is not necessary to be resident and national of the same country, so long as it concerns one of the 54 eligible countries.
- Age : 40 years* or less for a Master programme or 45 years* or less for a training (* on 1 January of the year of the start of the course).
- Meet the academic admission criteria set by the university or university college, concerning educational background, language proficiency, etc. You can find the academic admission criteria on the programme websites.
- For a Master programme: not have been enrolled in a Master programme (or equivalent) at a Belgian university before (with or without a scholarship).
- Not work in the commercial profit sector, as we target candidates from education and research institutions, the government sector, social economy and NGOs.
- For a training: have relevant professional experience and a written (future) employer’s statement of (re)integration in an employment where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable. The statement should also confirm the added value of the training for the candidate and the organization.
Please see further instruction at the website and application link below.
Please anticipate the deadline in December on annual basis.