About the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship:
The Westpac Scholarship Program is an initiative of the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation. The Foundation is celebrating Westpac’s 200th anniversary in 2017 with a $100 million gift to future generations of Australians. With the sole aim of educating and advancing Australians, we’ll ensure those with a passion to contribute to our nation’s growth and prosperity have every chance to do so.
Whether your focus is Asia, new technology or social change, Westpac is offering postgraduate study for talented individuals at Australia’s leading universities. Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of our three focus areas:
* Technology and innovation
* Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
* Enabling positive social change.
Valued at up to $120,000 over 2-3 years, scholarships will be awarded annually for research or coursework studies at graduate level.
Monash University have been allocated two scholarships. There will also be two additional scholarships available on a competitive basis. One will be awarded at each of the National Assessment Centres. Candidates from each university will be allocated to one National Assessment Centre Session. Therefore, each university has the ability to secure one additional scholarship.
Financial support is just the beginning.
The Leadership Development Program:
A key feature of the Future Leaders Scholarship is the Leadership Development Program, developed specifically for their Scholars.
Westpac Scholars experience leadership development beyond the classroom. This nine-month program supports scholars to build on their strengths, develop targeted leadership capabilities, create career pathways and succeed in their field. The Leadership Development Program provides relevant experiences, exposure to global thought leaders and explores key topics related to the three focus areas. The Leadership Development Program was created in collaboration with recognised experts in leadership excellence, including several leading Australian universities.
Are you eligible?
Your ability matches your drive – giving you the potential to make a lasting difference to Australia’s future. Countries Eligible include Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshalls Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
The Westpac Scholarship Program was developed to help you realise this potential. Scholarships are open to those:
- Who have demonstrated academic excellence and are eager to undertake a PhD or full time Masters at one of nine universities, in a field of world class standing
- Passionate about strengthening Australia’s ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation or enabling positive social change
- With a bold vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia who can articulate this vision and how postgraduate study will help make it real
- Possessing a desire and potential to lead
- Keen to be inspired by others, build networks and collaborate across diverse disciplines
- Confident in taking on challenges.
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You have completed an undergraduate degree after 1 September 2011, OR will complete an undergraduate degree in the year of application
- You have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75%)
- You have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research of a PhD at one of our nine participating universities with demonstrated world-class capability in the proposed area of study
- You must commence study following the year of the application.
- Your proposed program of study:
- Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Foundation’s focus areas
- Include international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
- Funding requests for the purpose of medical research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be considered.
More Questions? Go to the Westpac Future Leaders FAQs.
How to apply:
Applications for the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are currently closed to reopens JUNE 2017..
For more information you should visit the Westpac Future Leaders website.