Many schools don’t offer much hands-on training for students. This may be because of the lack of adequate facilities in the schools. As a result of this, many graduates lack the skills which most jobs require.
But the Amgen scholars Asia program has come to provide undergraduate students the hands-on research experience at some of the best universities in the world.
Are you an undergraduate student in any institution? If yes, would you like to engage in this excellent program which the Amgen Scholars Asia is organizing? Grab this opportunity now to develop yourself skillfully.
Studies have shown that when students sit and listen in class, they retain 20 percent of the lessons. But when they get the opportunity to practice it, the percentage increases to about 75 percent.
Students experience a huge increase in the amount of information that they retain when given the opportunity to practice what they are learning in the form of hands-on training.
Also, students that learn in a hands-on environment usually have an expert with real-world experience and knowledge.
This expert helps to guide the students if they have difficulty with a task that they are trying to complete. Additionally, this expert advice can help them carry out the tasks correctly and safely which is very critical in the workplace.
About the Amgen Scholars Asia Program for Undergraduate Students in 2022
The Amgen Scholars Program gives hundreds of selected undergraduate students with the chance to take part in a hands-on research experience at many of the best universities in the world.
The program also strives to increase learning and networking opportunities for students that wish to pursue science or engineering careers.
It also seeks to broaden the perspective of students considering scientific careers. Additionally, the Amgen scholars program in 2022 aims to increase the number of students pursuing advanced training and careers in the sciences.
On the other hand, this Amgen scholars Asia program will hold at four premier universities in Asia. There are two of the four universities in Japan, namely Kyoto University and the University of Japan.
The other one is the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the last one in the People’s Republic of China (Tsinghua University).
This leadership training is good for you. Read: Swedish Institute She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program 2022.
Eligibility for the Amgen Scholars Asia Program in 2022
The requirements for the Amgen Scholars are:
- You must be enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or it’s equivalent) OR
- The applicant must at minimum, complete his/her first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins.
- The student must not graduate before the summer program starts and after the summer program ends, will resume undergraduate studies for at least one semester or one quarter.
- You must also have a strong record of academic performance.
- Applicants must have a good knowledge of English, shown by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language.
- Finally, the applicant should have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. program.
Level/Field of Study
The program is for undergraduate students to enable them to engage in hands-on experience research at some of the best universities in the world.
The Amgen Scholars Asian Program will hold at four premier universities in Asia. Two in Japan ( Kyoto University and the University of Tokyo), one in Singapore (the National University of Singapore), and the last one in the People’s Republic of China (Tsinghua University)
The Amgen Scholars Asian Program is open to undergraduate students from all regions of the world.
Are you a peacebuilder? If yes, read: Global Peace Summit Malaysia in 2022 – Fully Funded
The area of focus of the Amgen Scholars Program
The Amgen program will focus on any disciplines related to the discovery, development, manufacture, and delivery of human therapeutics. It will also focus on the overall biomedical and biotechnology enterprise.
NOTE: The terminology which defines research disciplines here may differ across universities.
How to apply for the Amgen Scholars Program in 2022
Applications to this hands-on research program is online. The Amgen Scholars Program encourages applications from both students experienced in research and newcomers to the field.
Deadline for the Amgen Scholars Asia Program for Undergraduate Students in 2022
The deadline for the Amgen Scholars Program is by February 1, 2022. We advise that you apply immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. But you have to bear in mind that each host institution requires a separate application.
Not really. Each of the host universities has its own application process.
The areas of potential focus comprise of any disciplines related to the discovery, development, manufacture, and delivery of human therapeutics. Also, the overall biomedical and biotechnology enterprise is covered.
Any selected applicant to any host university will get notifications by early April.
No. All host institutions need a full-time commitment for eight to ten weeks. The programs in Asia will begin in June or July and end in August.
Each student is responsible for obtaining the necessary visas to attend his or her respective summer program in Asia, and the symposium in Singapore.
Not really. You’re required to have a good command of the English language as the program will be predominantly carried out in English.
No. There is no citizenship requirement for the Amgen Scholars Program in Asia.
- Amgen Scholars Summer Program for Undergraduate
- Join the Amgen Scholars Summer Program at Tsinghua
- Amgen Scholars Program 2022 for Undergraduate Students
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships, Undergraduate, Masters & Ph.D. in Germany
- 10 World Bank Internship Programme | Salaries, Application Process
- Snowdon MSc Program for International Students in UK
- IED Barcelona Undergraduate Studies international awards in Spain
- Swedish Institute She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program
- YALI Regional Leadership for Young Leaders in East Africa (Cohorts 38 & 39)
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.