Trying to get through high school in America is always tricky because of the cost. And students always borrow money in most cases to achieve this.
However, the Benacquisto scholarship for high school graduates helps brilliant high school graduates.
This Benacquisto scholarship is for a high school graduate who wins the National Merit Award in Florida. Initially, it was known as the Florida National Merit. But in 2019, the name of this grant changed to Benacquisto Scholarship. This name change is after Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto, a vigorous supporter of the grant.
Indeed, the Benacquisto Scholarship scheme helps with this problem. This grant helps those that finished high school and are from Florida to gain higher education.
Table of contents
- What Is Benacquisto Scholarship?
- How Can I Get the Benacquisto Scholarship?
- Which Score Is Needed For Benacquisto Scholarship?
- How Much Is Benacquisto Scholarship?
- The Way Forward For Benacquisto Awards
- Award Amount For Benacquito Scholarship
- How Do I Apply For Benacquisto Scholarship?
- When is the Application Deadline for Benacquisto Scholarship?
- Benacquisto Scholarship FAQs
What Is Benacquisto Scholarship?
This scheme in Florida offers scholarships on merit to high school graduates that get the National Merit Scholar award. This grant enables the student to study at a university in Florida. Furthermore, in-state and out-of-state students are eligible for this.
How Can I Get the Benacquisto Scholarship?
First of all, you must have to write the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. You can only write this test once in October every year. Although, so many students write this test in their first and second years. But only the scores from their junior year can count.
Which Score Is Needed For Benacquisto Scholarship?
Honestly, scoring those that made the Benacquisto scholarship is usually tricky based on the scores from all the states. The National Merit Scholarship scores with 50,000 of the highest are divided into Commended Students or Semifinalists.
How Much Is Benacquisto Scholarship?
Benacquisto scholarship in Florida awards in-state (those living inside the state) college graduates $21,210 and out-of-state (those living outside the state) $21,210.
The Way Forward For Benacquisto Awards
To boost the universities in Florida, more brilliant students were given Benacquisto awards into them. In short, you can imagine the number of hot brains there.
However, before the name change, the only students that could get this grant are those from Florida. But now, a student from another state can get the Benacquisto Scholarship.
The following are the requirements for applying to all Benacquito Scholarships:
- You have been a resident of Florida and a citizen of the USA or an eligible non-citizen.
- Also, you must obtain a Florida high school diploma or equivalent from a Florida public high school or a registered Florida Department of Education private school.
- Even more, you must not have any criminal case.
- However, you must be accepted by and enroll in a degree or certificate program at an eligible Florida public or independent postsecondary institution.
- In addition, you must enroll for full-time (at least 12) credit hours per term.
- Non-Florida residents must live in Florida or near the campus of the institution.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is for a USA High School senior ready to pursue undergraduate studies at any Florida university.
The Benacquito Scholarship takes place in the USA.
On the other hand, the Benacquisto scholarship is open only for US students to study at any Florida university. Consequently, the Benacquisto grant is available for eight semesters of study only.
Award Amount For Benacquito Scholarship
Thus, eligible students for the Benacquito scholarship get a yearly award equal to the institutional cost of attendance (COA) minus the sum of the Bright Futures (BF) and National Merit Award. Hence, [Benacquisto Scholarship = COA – (BF + NM)].
Even more, non-Florida residents will get an award equal to the in-state on-campus cost of attendance. Students from other states do not pay out-of-state fees. [Benacquisto Scholarship = COA – NM].
Above all, this award cannot help you to get summer coursework.
Alternatively, you may want to know more about our 21 Cheapest Universities in Florida for International Students.
How Do I Apply For Benacquisto Scholarship?
There is no application procedure for this scholarship. But, the student who wants to apply must have a high PSAT score. Above all, the score can help the person win a National Merit Award. For more information, visit the official website below.
When is the Application Deadline for Benacquisto Scholarship?
The Scholarship deadline for application is usually February 17.
Benacquisto Scholarship FAQs
Inheritors of this Benacquisto Scholarship do not pay tax because the grant covers school fees and housing.
Benacquisto Scholarship is a scheme in Florida that offers scholarships on merit to high school graduates that get the National Merit Scholar award.
Inheritors get an award equal to the school cost of attendance for natives of Florida who are students minus the sum of Bright Futures and the National Merit Award.
This is an opportunity for a non-Florida resident to obtain the Benacquisto grant. However, he/she must live in Florida or near the institution’s campus.
Finally, the Benacquisto scholarship tries to help US students inside and outside Florida to study at the university. Furthermore, it helps high school students study harder to get better grades to make the National Merit Scholar Award.
- CHS Foundation High School Scholarship, An Agriculture Scholarship in U.S.A and Canada
- The Hague Centre Of Strategic Studies (HCSS) Internships
- 15 Scholarships for Indonesian High School Students
- Tuition Waiver: University of Central Florida Studies In English In USA
- Morehead-Cain Scholarship
- Mckay Scholarship Program | Free Tuition Fee
- Hamilton, Hull & Byrd Giving Back Scholarship Program
- Nicholas A. Pennipede Memorial Scholarship Program
- USA Undergraduate Scholarships | International Leadership Scholarship