IBM defines software testing as “the process of evaluating and verifying that a software product or application does what it is supposed to do.” Software testing jobs have become prevalent online nowadays; hundreds of new software apps pop out weekly.
There are two broad types of software testing; the first is functional testing which is aimed at ensuring that apps function the way they are meant to. The second is the non-functional software testing that focuses on how effectively a software app works.
No doubt today, many companies hire trained individuals to do software testing for them. The question is if you want to learn to do software testing for an organization or do it yourself on your project, what are the best software testing courses to enroll in?
Table of contents
- Best Software Testing Course For Beginners and Experts
- 1. The complete 2022 Software Testing Bootcamp
- 2. Selenium Webdriver with Python from Scratch 2022
- 3. Selenium Webdriver with Java – Basics to Advanced +Frameworks
- 4. WebServices/Rest API Testing with SoapUI +Real time
- 5. Selenium Webdriver 4 With Java – Novice to Ninja
- 6. Learn JMETER from Scratch on Live Apps -Performance
- 7. Rest API Testing (Automation) from Scratch – Rest Assured Java
- 8. Appium – Mobile Testing (Android/IOS) from Scratch
- 9. Master Software Testing+Jira+Agile on Live App
- 10. Unit Testing for C# Developers
- Selection criteria: What to look for in a Udemy course?
- FAQs About the Best Software Testing Course For Beginners and Experts
Best Software Testing Course For Beginners and Experts
Here are the best software testing courses:
1. The complete 2022 Software Testing Bootcamp
This course is everything you need to learn about software testing in 2022. You will learn basic concepts of software testing, Agile methodologies, API testing, and how to use JIRA.
The complete 2022 Software Testing Bootcamp is an all-in-one package for those who are serious about learning the skill sufficiently. It is of 30 hours duration with 14 external articles & downloadable resources.
Your pathway to learning software testing online and using this skill to earn from a full-time or freelance job is assured.
2. Selenium Webdriver with Python from Scratch 2022
This is one of the best-selling courses on Udemy about software testing. It is taught by the highly experienced Rahul Shetty, who passionately teaches students the role of Python in software testing and how to use all other tools in functional software testing.
At the end of the course, you will learn how to automate software application processes with Python and all the latest technologies related to software testing.
The course has over a hundred lectures grouped into 26 sections, all extensively covering all the aspects of software application testing online.
3. Selenium Webdriver with Java – Basics to Advanced +Frameworks
This is one of the best-selling courses on Udemy about software testing. It is taught by the highly experienced Rahul Shetty, who is also the instructor of the just highlighted course above.
This particular course by Rahul Shetty passionately teaches students the role of Java in software testing and how to use all other tools in functional software testing.
At the end of the course, you will learn how to automate software application processes with Java and all the latest technologies related to software testing.
The course has over three hundred lectures grouped into 41 sections covering all aspects of online software application testing.
4. WebServices/Rest API Testing with SoapUI +Real time
SoapUI is an important tool for functional software testing. This course teaches you how to use it, especially for Web Service and RESTful API testing.
SoapUI is an open-source platform and in this course, a contributing developer Rahul Shetty walks you through the operation and tips for using it.
It is the most popular SoapUI test automation course on the web teaching over 60,000 students this unpopular yet useful skill.
5. Selenium Webdriver 4 With Java – Novice to Ninja
This is a good course for Selenium 4 users going from novice to pro. Instructors create the course from Lets Kode It who impart to students the basics of Selenium Webdriver and how automation frameworks work.
It advances knowledge to deeper things such as running performance tests with Selenium WebDriver automation on various browsers.
If you want to become an all-rounded software testing expert, then this course is for you.
6. Learn JMETER from Scratch on Live Apps -Performance
This bestseller course offers top-quality Jmeter video lessons that adequately explain load testing. Learn Jmeter from Scratch is a comprehensive and updated course on Jmeter with practical examples on live apps.
it is a free software testing course program. The course is 10 hours long with 19 sections, 62 lectures, and 3 external resources to utilize.
Again this course was taught by the highly experienced Rahul Shetty, who has a good reputation in the field of software testing.
7. Rest API Testing (Automation) from Scratch – Rest Assured Java
This Rahul Shetty’s course is a bestseller on Udemy containing rest API test automation and postman tutorials using Java programming language.
Like many of Rahul’s courses, this course delivers high-quality video content in the easiest and most fun way possible. It is filled with examples, articles, ad downloadable resources.
You will also be given a certificate of completion as usual and you’ll of course, have lifetime assess to the video lessons.
The course starts with a quick brushup on Java programming language. Then, it dives into API testing using postman, and following that is the rest assured setup for API automation testing.
8. Appium – Mobile Testing (Android/IOS) from Scratch
There are two courses on how to use Appium by Rahul Shetty on Udemy: this current one entitled “” and “elenium for mobile automation testing ”. There are both best-selling courses as expected from the highly experienced reputable instructors.
Furthermore, this course teaches students how to use Appium for mobile automation testing. The other Appium course explains the best way to integrate Appium while using the Selenium open-source library to conduct Andriod/iOS testing.
It is highly recommended to purchase both courses for a well-rounded coverage of the subject of mobile app automation testing.
9. Master Software Testing+Jira+Agile on Live App
This Rahul Shetty course is a very lively course focusing on mastery of the core skills of software testing including how to use Jira and Agile technologies on LiveApp for project management.
The course prepares students on how to handle software projects, QA processes, and the best approaches to interview questions.
Also, this course is best suited for professionals who are concluding their training or revising their skillsets before taking a job role or interview.
10. Unit Testing for C# Developers
C# programming language is one of the most complex in the tech world and for C# developers in some organizations, they sometimes require unit testing on apps they’re building.
This top-rated unit testing course treats the various unit testing stages with practical examples and additional resources.
In addition, this is one of the best software testing courses for beginners and experts.
Also, check this: Free Medical Billing and Coding Online Courses With Certificates
Selection criteria: What to look for in a Udemy course?
You may have noticed that 7/10 of the Udemy courses on software testing were created by Rahul Shetty. This shows that thousands of students who enrolled in his Udemy courses appreciated it and rated it high above all other courses.
By the way, you can check out his academy for more in-depth courses on software testing. So, what are you to look for in selecting any courses online? Below are just 4 of the most important considerations to bear in mind.
- Course rating and student review comments. Courses with high ratings usually indicate that they are reputable and of high quality. Thus, a good rating and good student review comments make a good purchase choice.
- Price. Thankfully, Udemy always offers 80-90% discounts regularly, so low-priced courses with good ratings and reviews balance the equation well.
- Experience of instructor. The more experienced an instructor is, the better the chance that what he teaches works and is trusted to work for you.
- Course preview video. Going through the course preview video before purchase is very important so that you observe the organization at which video presentations are delivered and whether or not the instructor is a fluent English speaker without terrible ascents.
The road path to learning software testing using the required tools and models is relatively uneasy. Like everything good, it’s not so easy, but it is a rewarding career in the end.
Conducting software testing on your project or for organizations ensures that their software product is functional and performs optimally at all times.
Also, I hope this article on the best software testing course for beginners and experts helps you get the best pick.
FAQs About the Best Software Testing Course For Beginners and Experts
Software testing is relatively easier to learn and execute than some tech skills. It will require hard work and consistency in learning and practicing different scenarios and methodological approaches to software testing.
You can learn software testing and other skills related to it on YouTube, where there are a couple of organized free courses. Udemy also offers some free software testing and automation process courses as well, for example, Automate WebServices Rest API (testing) using Java.
The best software testing online course on Udemy is The Complete 2022 Software Testing Bootcamp. It is packed with recent developments in software testing technology and contains sufficient details that will prepare you quickly to take any software testing job.