The Chinese government is delighted to invite applications for the CSC Chinese Government Scholarships For International postgraduate students 2023-2024.
Table of contents
About Chinese Government Scholarships
Chinese Government Scholarship also is known as CSC scholarship is a scholarship established by the Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) to support other international students ie students from other nations of the world especially from poorly developed countries, and help them embrace the Chinese form of education.
This China scholarship for outstanding international students is packaged for only graduate studies in China. MOE having been giving full-time international master’s and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
More details about Chinese Government Scholarships
Find below some specific details you may require about the CSC scholarship
Field/Level of Study:
The 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship allows students to pursue a Master’s or PhD program in their chosen field.
This China scholarship is designed for international students to be taken in China.
Eligible Nationality :
The 2023 China Government Scholarship allows students to pursue a Masters or PhD program in their chosen field.
The award for the Chinese scholarship provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition Waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in China) and be under 35 (by September, 1st).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have a master’s degree (equivalent to a master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st).
- To get their degrees in 2023, graduates should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure they complete their study and obtain the degree by July.
- Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarships or funding cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
How to Apply
To complete the USTC Chinese Government Scholarship and University Postgraduate Program application, please ensure you finish each of the following steps as required and before the specific time. Also, the applicants must provide the following materials. The application materials are in duplicate and each copy is bind in the following order:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China, then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10,335.
- Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first, then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- A photocopy of passport.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide a photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the TOEFL or IELTS test score certificate. (Not required for native English speakers).
- A personal statement in Chinese or English should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (filled in English). The applicant should keep the original copy. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor. (if applicable)
- Ensure to follow all the steps and provide all required materials.
Note: After receiving the application materials, the university will check the applicant’s information and process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study
If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need to resend the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to Zhejiang University; otherwise, the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China
The application for this scholarship usually ends in March each year.
Interested applicants for the China Government Scholarship should visit the Program Webpage for details. Simply click on the link below:
- Chinese University Program Scholarships for International Students
- Xiamen University Scholarships for International Students
- Jiangsu University CSC Masters and PhD Scholarships, China
- Dalian University of Technology DUT CSC Scholarship, China
- Top 10 Chinese Government Scholarships for Rwandan Students