CALL FOR PROPOSALS- HOUSE OF AFRICAN FEMINISMS GRANT 2022 application is ongoing!
House of African Feminisms (HoAF) is a regional project, aiming at the regional exchange and networking of African feminists. African feminisms deal with the conditions of African women* (also queer/trans*) and include different, partly critical, movements, which in turn are in connection/conflict with the feminisms of the Global North. It is developed participatively with partners from the entire region.
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this award- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
About the Goethe-Institut
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social, and political life.
Call for Proposals: Women’s Power in the Everyday
The Goethe-Institut network in Sub-Saharan Africa is supporting artistic projects in the area of African Feminisms with a specific focus on the everyday life of African women of all generations.
This open call invites African artists, collectives, and creative practitioners to produce a digital documentary artwork that can be presented on the website “House of African Feminisms”.
We are looking for reportages, photographic essays, or short films that question and engage around the role of African women in the everyday life and how their power and role manifests itself in their profession and daily life practices.
We want to discover new perspectives of “African Feminisms” and female empowerment in the daily life of people, not only in artistic and academic contexts. How do we define the powerful and strong African woman? What are the contexts in which these women move, act, and speak, and which are the contexts these women (re)create?
Women’s Power in the Everyday
Applicants shall propose how they would use a grant of from EUR 500 up to EUR 1.000 in a budget plan and provide details in a concept proposal. A biography of all participants should also be included.
We would like applicants to propose the format for how they will explore their specific question, this could be through the form of films, reportages, or photographic essays. This work will be presented on the website “House of African Feminisms”.
The maximum funding available per proposal is EUR 1.000. Each successful applicant will also be part of a growing network of people engaged with the House of African Feminisms and invited to future networking events. Narrative and financial report writing as well as cooperation in the PR are expected.
Call for proposals house of african feminisms- Submission
- Your concept (max 2 pages or a video no more than 3 minutes)
- Biography or CV
- Budget plan
- What your medium will likely be
- Any links to your work you think are relevant to this application
- Produce a photographic Essay, Reportage, or Short Film, with a specific focus on Feminisms in the everyday life of African Women and provide it for the HoAF website
- Provide PR material for the project communication
- All aspects of the project to be completed by early December 2022
- Submission of narrative and financial report until 15 January 2022
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
House of african feminisms grant- Application Deadline
The closing date for this award application entry is 19 September 2022 GMT. Late submissions will not be considered. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “HoAF Grant”.
We Also Recommend
- Georgia Plant Food Educational Society Undergraduate
- 13 Best Online Geography Classes for Beginners & Advance | 2022
- PGSM International Masters Scholarship In France 2022
- UN Women Internship Programme 2022 | Updated
- 2022 UNESCO-Japan Prize For Outstanding Projects
- Win The 2022 Developer Circles Community Challenge
- Frida Young Feminist Fund 2022 For Young Feminist Activists
- $2,000 Bitch Media fellowship 2022 | USA
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.