Applications for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at the University of Pretoria 2022 is ongoing!
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2023.
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this scholarship- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. This might be a chance for you to become a scholar of this prestigious award. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
Table of Contents Hide
- About MasterCard Foundation scholarhsip
- Benefits of MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Who is eligible for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship program?
- Application Deadline
- Selection Criteria
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship- FAQ
- We Also Recommend
About MasterCard Foundation scholarhsip
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance. Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Benefits of MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Who is eligible for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship program?
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
For more details, visit University of Pretoria website.
The closing entry submission for this scholars program is October 31, 2022.
Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program, which is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success. Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries, and giving back to their communities.
If you’re not eligible for MasterCard Foundation Scholars program, you can apply for other Ongoing International scholarships.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship- FAQ
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship program Application Deadline?
Application for this scholarship ends on October 31, 2022
What is the benefit of MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program?
The program covers Full tuition fees and other costs
When will MasterCard Foundation Scholarship result be announced?
Not announced yet
We Also Recommend
- USA International Merit Awards At Transylvania University
- East African Rhodes Scholarships
- Rhode Island College: Tuition Fees, Scholarships & Cost of Living
- Oxford University Rhodes Scholarships for Indian Students
- Ashesi University College MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, Ghana
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.