Are you currently interested in studying political science, Are you a political science student? Are you looking for a scholarship to move your career forward? You are at the right place. Check out this Political Science Scholarships 2021.
Take your time and go through this article. The World Scholarship Forum Team has arranged all you need to win any of the Political Science Scholarships for International Students.
About Political Science Scholarships
Political science is a stream that deals with the state and its systems, governments and its policies or processes, in short, the scientific analysis of political activity and behavior. It offers an individual to know much about a state and its administration.
Various types of grants and aid are offered to students of all countries to pursue their higher studies in their home country or abroad in Political Science.
Political science students can gain a versatile set of skills that can be applied in a wide range of exciting careers in federal, state, and local governments, in international and nonprofit organizations, and in the professional fields of law, business, management, journalism, etc.
Types Of Political Science Degrees
The cost of a political science degree depends largely on what type of degree you’re interested in pursuing. An undergraduate program will almost always cost more than an associate degree, while a master’s degree is usually more expensive than an undergraduate program.
The degree that works best for you depends on your academic background and educational goals. Below, we compare and contrast what each degree has to offer.
Certificate/Diploma: Most certificate programs cover only the most basic concepts pertaining to political science, such as common ideologies and law. By no means comprehensive, they offer a broad introduction to the field.
- Campaign Organizing Assistant
- Nonprofit Team Member
Associate Degree: Associate programs are relatively uncommon. They introduce the fundamentals of political theory and philosophy, civil liberties, and how state and federal governments work.
- Political Campaign Aide
- Political Activist
Bachelor’s Degree: Undergraduate coursework strengthens foundational knowledge in political theory and provides an in-depth analysis of global events. Topics often include criminal law, ethics, and concepts in public administration.
Master’s Degree: Most master’s programs allow students to specialize in a particular area of political science. Commonly chosen fields include geopolitics, modern political thought, and the history of political ideologies.
- Public Affairs Consultant
- Public Administrator
Doctorate Degree: Combining advanced coursework in political theory and research methods with independent fieldwork, Ph.D. programs usually require candidates to write and defend a dissertation based on their research and acquired knowledge.
- Political Strategist/Consultant
The list below will provide information about recent scholarships for the students who want to make their academic and professional careers in Political Science.
In our list, here are some of the best scholarships available for college sophomores and juniors, undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. students.
The given scholarships provide varying amounts from $1,000-$5,000. depending on your eligibility.
Here is the list of political science scholarships for international students:
- Udall Undergraduate Scholarships
- Wayne V Black Scholarship
- University of Iowa Political Science Scholarships
- Belfer Center Research Fellowships
- Kenneth Sherrill Prize
- Humane Studies Fellowship
- Supreme Court Fellows Program
- The Minority Fellowship Program
- Indiana Federation of Republican Women Scholarship
- American Political Science Association Congressional (APSC) Fellowships
Udall Undergraduate Scholarships
The Udall Foundation awards scholarships for college sophomores and juniors who originate in all majors and disciplines of study. in recent years, Udall Scholars have focused on environmental sciences and policy studies, agriculture, political science, natural resource management, sociology, anthropology, American Indian studies, tribal public policy, history, English, theater, landscape structure, general health, to mention just a couple areas.
The Udall Foundation aims at awarding 50 scholarships worth $7,000 each that students can use for tuition, fees, books and equipment, room, and board.
- Given From: Udall Foundation
- Course: Bachelor’s or partner’s degree
- Award: Total $350,000
- Eligibility: College sophomores and juniors
- Deadline: March 8, 2021
Wayne V Black Scholarship
Wayne V Black Scholarship is been offered to undergraduate students by The Energy Telecommunications & Electrical Association (ENTELEC).
This political science scholarship is available to full-time undergraduate students who are aiming toward acquiring a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Engineering Technology, Computer Science/MIS, Pre-law, Political Science, and Telecommunications/Information Technology in an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada. The application is worth more than $5,000.
- Sponsored By: ENTELEC Community
- Course: Bachelor’s degree
- Worth: $5,000
- Eligibility: Currently registered full-time undergraduate student
- Deadline: 26th of January.
Apply Currently: http://www.entelec.org/entelec/about/waynevblackscholarshi
University of Iowa Political Science Scholarships
The Department of Political Science at the University of Iowa is excited to offer political science scholarships for undergraduate students. The scholarships are been awarded annually to the currently enrolled University of Iowa undergraduates in political science and worldwide relations.
- Sponsored By: University of Iowa
- Course: Political science and Global relations
- Worth: Vary
- Eligibility: University of Iowa undergraduates
- Deadline: 2nd march in the next academic year
Belfer Center Research Fellowships
The Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs offers research fellowships during the academic year to individuals who want to spend time writing and researching different fields of science and worldwide affairs.
Even the Belfer Center expects applications from governmental scientists, lawyers, economists, and those in the natural sciences, along with many others of diverse disciplinary backgrounds. The Center also encourages applications from women, minorities, and citizens of most nations.
- Given By: Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard Kennedy School
- Course: Multiple classes
- Celebrity: Vary
- Qualifications: Women, minorities, and citizens of countries
- Deadline: February 1
Apply Now: https://www.belfercenter.org/fellowships
Kenneth Sherrill Prize
Through APSA’s Centennial Center for Political Science and Public Affairs, the Kenneth Sherrill Prize recognizes the top doctoral dissertation proposal for the empirical study of lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) themes in science.
In 2019, the sum of $200 will be awarded to a selected Ph.D. candidate as the prize, who is also known in the APSA awards ceremony at the Annual Meeting in Boston, MA.
- Provided By: American Political Science Association (APSA)
- Course: Political science
- Award: $200
- Qualifications: Ph.D. candidate
- Deadline: 12th of February
Apply Today: http://www.apsanet.org/sherrill
Humane Studies Fellowship
The Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University is currently providing the Humane Studies Fellowship. The fellowships are awarded to Ph.D. students in the sciences with a proven research focus on the notions of a free society. Qualifying areas of study include economics, philosophy, law, political science, history, and sociology. The app is actually a renewable, non-residency award of up to $15,000 per year to encourage future or current students in Ph.D. programs.
- Award: $15,000
- Eligibility: Be enrolled in a Ph.D. program for the upcoming academic year
- Deadline: 1st march
Supreme Court Fellows Program
The Supreme Court of the United States is very happy to announce a fellows program. The application has a way to mid-career professionals, recent law school graduates, along with doctoral degree holders in law enforcement and governmental science areas.
Just applicants who are U.S. citizens and also hold a J.D. or alternative postgraduate degree will be viewed. An application for the 2021-2022 fellowship year will be released in the summer 2022. The plan will cover the finalists’ travel expenses relative to national allowances.
- Given By: Supreme Court of the United States
- Course: J.D. or some other Post Graduate degree
- Award: Travel expenses
- Qualification: U.S. taxpayers
- Deadline: Will be open in the summer 2022
The Minority Fellowship Program
The Minority Fellows Program (MFP) is a hierarchical contest for individuals from underrepresented backgrounds deciding on or at the early stages of doctoral programs in science. Each year, APSA awards 12 funded fellowships in the amount of $4,000.
This year that the spring cycle MFP awards can be found in the type of a one-time award ranging from $500-$1000, to support expenses related to Ph.D. graduate analysis for first and also second-year political science Ph.D. students from underrepresented groups.
- Given By: American Political Science Association
- Course: Ph.D. programs in political science
- Award: $4,000
- Eligibility: Political science Ph.D. students, undergraduate seniors, recent graduates
- Deadline: Varies
Apply Now: http://www.apsanet.org/mfp
Indiana Federation of Republican Women Scholarship
The Indiana Federation of Republican Women is eager to announce The Indiana Federation of Republican Women Scholarship. The scholarship is available to residents of Indiana who are currently attending an Indiana college in the field of political science, government, journalism, radio, tv media, or education. Two $1000 scholarship awards will be given to the school candidates.
- Sponsored By: Indiana Federation of Republican Women
- Course: literary science, government, journalism, radio, television media or instruction
- Award: $2,000
- Eligibility: Residents of Indiana (Both women and guys)
- Deadline: Varies
Apply Today: http://www.indianafrw.org/the-ifrw-scholarship.html
American Political Science Association Congressional (APSC) Fellowships
The American Political Science Association (APSA) is offering two fellowships named as” The APSC Congressional Fellowship” and the”APSA-MCI Communications Congressional Fellowship”.
The program welcomes applications from political scientists from all subfields who are able to demonstrate a qualified foundation and interest in Congress and the policy-making process.
Applications are welcome from journalists using two – to 10-years of qualified experience, including as a freelancer. Recipients will receive a stipend of $50,000, plus a modest travel allowance along with other many added benefits.
- Provided By: American Political Science Association (APSA)
- Course: Political Science, Journalism, and APSA-MCI Communications
- Celebrity: $50,000
- Eligibility: Must possess US citizenship or permanent residency
Apply Now: http://www.apsanet.org/cfp
There you have it, the list of Political Science Scholarships for International Students don’t just read and pass, make an effort by applying for any of the scholarships that suit you. Goodluck
- Law Conferences For International Students
- List of Political Science Scholarships (UPDATED)
- Top 17 Political Science Scholarships in the US [UPDATED]
- Top 21 Masters Scholarships for Political science Students
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR BANGLADESHI STUDENTS
- Schwarzman Scholars Fully-funded Masters Scholarship for International Students – China
- Japanese Government Scholarships for Undergraduate, Research & Masters International Students
- Obama Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Chicago in the USA
- IFRA Fieldwork Grants for Masters & Doctoral Students