Offers are up for the L’Oréal UNESCO Fellowship For Women in Science 2022. Applications are invited from talented young African women scientists to receive fellowship grants to pursue promising research projects.
About UNESCO Fellowship for African Women in Science
Founded in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowships aims to promote and encourage young African women in science. Its programs reward established women scientists whose outstanding achievements have contributed to the advancement of scientific knowledge and of its benefits to society and provide support to promising young women who are already making significant contributions in their scientific disciplines.
Fellowship is granted by the L’Oréal Foundation and L’Oréal South Africa in partnership with the UNESCO Multi-Sectoral Office in Eastern Africa and the African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI).
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level/Field of Study
This program identifies and rewards talented young female scientists in the field of Life Sciences (such as biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genetics, physiology, neurosciences, biotechnologies, ecology, and ethology).
This scholarship is hosted at Sub-Saharan African Universities.
South Africa, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau,
Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Níger, Nigeria, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
€5,000 each will be granted to 12 African Ph.D. Students enrolled in an African University. €10,000 each will be granted to 2 African postdoctoral researchers- working in a laboratory or research institute registered in one of the region’s countries.
Number of Fellowship
Every year, the Program honors 14 talented African women (12 for doc & 2 for Postdoc) for the quality of their research and encourages them to pursue a brilliant career in science in any Sub-Saharan African country.
2 out of the 14 Fellowships, one at the doctorate and one at the post-doctorate level, will be given to South African women working or studying in South Africa.
Eligibility for L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2022
Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
- Having obtained a Ph.D. degree in Life or Physical Sciences or pursuing studies leading to a Ph.D. degree
- Having the nationality of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution in one of the region’s countries or being- enrolled in a doctoral program at a University in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years old by the end of the application period for- Ph.D. and not more than 45 years for Post-doctoral.
Selection Criteria: The selection criteria of the candidate by the jury are the following:
- The candidate’s outstanding academic records (including number, quality, and impact of the publications (impact factors to be submitted), conference presentations, patents…)
- The scientific quality of the research project
- The innovative nature and productivity of the research and its potential application in science
- The ability of the candidate to communicate and promote sciences to a younger audience and to encourage young African female scientists.
- The candidate’s career path
How to Apply for L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2022
Applications can be only made through the online platform www.fwis.fr by the candidates themselves. An application is considered complete only if it includes all documents below:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (including outreach activities among youth, tutoring, etc.)
- Certified copies of the degrees or recent diplomas-
- Proof of having obtained a Ph.D. degree for postdoctoral candidates-
- Proof of being enrolled in an African University for doctoral candidates-
- A detailed project of a maximum of 2 pages, including:
- The research project description
- The proposed use of the grant motivating the candidature with some budget indications
- Letters of recommendation from the research supervisor and/or the director of the- scientific institution where the research project is carried or the Dean of the University under which the candidate is running her research
- The list of publications and patents
Incomplete files or received after the deadline for application, as well as candidatures that do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be taken into consideration.
L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2022 Application Deadline
The L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2022 Application closes on19th April 2022
L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2022 Application Link
Kindly click on the link below to follow the application process.
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation PhD Fellowships for African Students, 2022
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel, 2022
- Next-Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries 2022
- 2022 LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe, 2022
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy 2022
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- 2022 Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme 2022 in the UK