A scholarship is a blessing for students who belong to the weaker parts of society, who for some reason are unable to continue their education. The MHRD Scholarship is an encouragement for students who are talented but do not have the resources to continue their studies.
There are different scholarships – merit-based, needs-based, student-specific, career-specific, and college-specific.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education offers National Scholarship and also facilitates in the nomination process for the external scholarships offered by different countries, to the deserving and eligible students.
These MHRD Scholarships are available for students of secondary (class VI to class IX) and higher secondary (class X to XII) level students. The main part of the department behind this scholarship scheme is to help the students, who are not able to continue their studies due to lack of money.
According to the latest official news, online registration of MHRD scholarship online has now been started.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development offers various scholarship programs such as Pre-Matric, Post-Matric and Merit Cum Means & Minority to all required candidates.
We suggested to all SC / ST / OBC / Backward & Minority students to complete the MHRD scholarship application form and complete their education without tackling the money problem.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) was established on 26 September 1985 to play an important and restorative role in balancing the socio-economic structure of the country.
Because citizens of India are their most valuable resource, our billion-strong nation needs care and care in the form of primary education to achieve a better quality of life.
This justifies the overall development of our citizens, which can be achieved by laying a strong foundation in education.
The national grants are:
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
The scheme has been operational since 2008. The aim of the scheme is to provide financial support to deserving students with a family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per year, to meet part of their daily expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Students who exceed the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream of a particular class XII Examination Board and who follow the normal course and do not take advantage of the benefits of other scholarships are eligible for application under this scheme.
The rate of the scholarship is Rs. 10,000 / – per year for the first three years and Rs. 20,000 / – per year for the fourth and fifth years.
Click to download: Guidelines
- Special scholarship for Jammu & Kashmir
The special scholarship scheme for Jammu & Kashmir aims to encourage young people from Jammu and Kashmir to use educational institutions outside the state, which would give them the opportunity to communicate with their counterparts from the rest of the country, and thereby participate in the mainstream. The intention is to provide 5000 new scholarships every year.
The scholarship is intended for tuition and maintenance costs. The rate of the scholarship for General Degree courses is Rs.30,000 per year, for Engineering course Rs.1.25 lakh per year, and for medical studies Rs.3.0 lakh per year. Fixed maintenance allowance from Rs. 1.0 lakh per year is provided to all students within the framework of the schedule.
Click to download: Guidelines for the Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir.
- Scheme of Scholarship for students from non-Hindi Speaking States for post-matric studies in Hindi
The objectives of the Arrangement are to encourage the study of Hindi in non-Hindi-speaking States and to make State Governments available, suitable staff for teaching people and other functions where knowledge of Hindi is essential.
The Scholarship rate varies from Rs.300/- to 1000/-per month, depending on the course/stage of the study. This scheme is implemented via the state government /UT administrations.
External scholarships are:
- Commonwealth scholarships for the United Kingdom and New Zealand
- Scholarships offered by China, South Korea, Israel, Japan, Italy, Mexico, and Sri Lanka.
- Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship
Other MHRD Scholarships available on for this academic year include;
- Fall admission applications for graduate programs at Khalifa University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi – (55.42 KB)
- Scholarship offered by Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine for the academic year – (47 KB)
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of United Morocco to Facilitate Mutual recognition of Academic Qualifications – (5.09 MB)
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the French Republic to Facilitate Mutual recognition of Academic Qualifications – (1.63 MB)
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of Canada Concerning Cooperation in Higher Education – (337.2 KB)
- Corrigendum-Chinese Government Scholarship – (929.85 KB)
- Call for nominations for the UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for Sustainable Development – (377.21 KB)
- Call for nominations for the UNESCO /People’s Republic of China (The Great Wall) Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme – (628.89 KB)
- Taiwan Government Scholarship Program – (433.76 KB)
- Short term Indian faculty secondment to Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok by the Government of India for a period upto 16 weeks – Invitation of nominations for semester commencing August – (2.84 MB)
The amount of MHRD Scholarship is Rs.6000/ per Annum (Rs.500/ per Month).
MHRD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The Amount of the Scholarship at the Secondary and Higher Secondary state or equivalent Classes IX to XII is payable for a maximum Four years for studies in India only.
- This scholarship scheme at this stage is not payable for Diploma / Certificate level course.
- Take benefits of this scholarship scheme in Class X and XII the students should get clearly passed from Class IX to X and from Class XI to Class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks
- The awardees prize must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in Class (55% for SC / ST Students) examination.
Selection Process for MHRD Scholarship
Department will select the candidates on the basis of the written test and. Each State / Union Territory will conduct its own competitive test for the selection of students for the award of the National Means cum Merit Scholarship. The State level Examination consists of the following Two Stage-
Mental Ability Test – This competition consists of 90 Multiple Choice Numerical Series, Pattern Perception, Question testing verbal and nonverbal Metacognitive abilities like- Reasoning and Critical Thinking, The question in the test may be on Analogy, Classification, Hidden Figures, etc. Each test will be of 90 minutes duration.
Scholastic Aptitude Test – This competitive test consists of 90 multiple choice questions covering subjects namely, and Mathematics, Science, Social Studies as taught in Class VII and VIII. The duration of the Test is 90 Minutes.
How to Fill the MHRD Scholarship Form Accurately
- Visit the official website of the department for www.mhrd.gov.in
- Then read the notification link on the home page.
- Choose the proper link and then click on it.
- Enter all the required information into the correct field carefully.
- Then upload all the essential documents, photos, and signatures.
- Finally, save it and take the hard copy prints out for further use
To access the site for more MHRD Scholarships, click on the following Link
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- LIST OF FULLY-FUNDED MASTERS DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
- 51 Best Scholarship Websites/Portals [UPDATED]
- Fully-Funded Graduate Scholarships For Economically Developing Nations
- JIMMY RANE SCHOLARSHIP | UPDATED
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship for Developing Countries (Masters & Ph.D.)
- Chevening 15,000 masters courses for International Students
- $25,000 Buick Achievers Scholarship Program | UPDATED
- List of Ph.D. Scholarships in the USA (LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL) – APPLY
- University of Exeter Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme UK – APPLY\
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.