Palm Beach State College continues to embrace professionalism and the experience of the college staff to provide the best learning environment and quality education. In addition to the enthusiasm and zeal, the students have ranked Palm Beach among the most affordable and best colleges in the state of Florida, not forgetting the support the college gets from the community.
Below is a review of the admissions, rankings, scholarships, and all else about PBSC that will make your application much easier.
Why Study At Palm Beach State College?
Palm Beach State College is a welcoming college where personalized service matters and the school community thrives to support student success. The College has over 130 study programs and is the largest institution of higher learning in Palm Beach County with an outstanding faculty dedicated to your success.
The college has five conveniently located campuses and all these work hard to provide the best life and education to the students.
Palm Beach College has flexible schedules during the day, evenings, weekends, and lots of choices of online classes as well. Also, it is a great college to get a bachelor’s degree, an associate degree, and other certificate programs with which to transfer to a university.
The teachers are great and the classrooms are smaller which creates room for a much more intimate relationship between the teachers and their peers. The students get one-on-one attention with their teachers since these professors are just approachable.
Students at Palm Beach State College represent over 161 countries and territories and this gives them the chance to learn about other different cultures in addition to creating many friends.
Aside from the cookie-cutter reasons i.e.; “academics, location, etc”, there’s a lot of fun and experience in the college which includes partying, football, games etc not forgetting “the Panthers athletics team’s effect in the college”, and the college is located near a few food options.
Above all, Palm Beach State College is affordable and provides quality services, besides that, there are various scholarship opportunities.
How Do I Get Admissions At Palm Beach State College?
This 87-year-old US higher-education institution has a selective and open admission policy. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrolment.
PBSC also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, and distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services.
The applicants should carefully read the following instructions o determine which application process to complete. You are also advised to regularly check your personal email account or your newly signed PBSC email account to be updated on your application status.
New students will pay a $40 application fee and international students will pay a $75 application fee. This fee is non-refundable. However, returning students, early admission students, high school dual enrolment students, and transient students who are attending a Florida public school will not be assessed the fee.
The acceptance rate at Palm Beach Community College is 100%, in fact, you can also apply online. However, you will need to select a career path in your application before you start your application process by taking a free career assessment to determine your career path.
The following steps will help you in applying
- Firstly, you will need to apply through the Palm Beach State College portal, then you can commence on your application.
- Secondly, you will have to apply for financial aid by completing the “My FAFSA Application.”
- Thirdly, you will submit the required transcripts so that you are eligible to receive financial aid or scholarships.
- Then, you will be required to confirm your states of residency, that is, are you a resident of Florida. Therefore, you will have to declare your residence.
- Next, complete your placement testing and register for New Student Orientation. Students must present their official scores from SAT, ACT and PERT and that must be before registration. Degree seeking students are required to complete their New Student Orientation before they are allowed to register for their classes.
- Lastly, you should consult your academic advisor on what classes you should take and then you can register and pay for your classes.
For Dual Enrolment:
For a student to be eligible for a dual enrolment program, you must have a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 and above, you must complete a Mandatory Dual Enrolment Orientation before the registration for classes.
You must submit official placement test scores i.e. SAT, ACT, PERT, etc that are less than two years since you last took the test, you must submit an online PBSC Application for admission.
Finally, you must submit a Dual Enrolment Authorisation form to the high school counselor every academic period of enrolment.
How Do I Get Dual Enrolment
Firstly, you are advised to meet with the High School Counsellor to get some advice and also discuss the qualifications one should have so as to be eligible for dual enrolment. You should have earned four high school credits, two of which must include an English Language Arts course and a Mathematics course.
Again, you should be in a position to submit placement test scores (SAT, PERT, ACT) which should not be more than two years old after the time you took the test. You should have an unweighted high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Home education students must be registered with the Palm Beach County School District Home Education Office and must also complete and submit a Dual Enrolment Authorisation form to the PBSC coordinator and a Home Education.
Secondly, complete the Palm Beach State College Application and submit it. Once your application is submitted; set up your PBSC Workday Student account, download the MyPBSC mobile application, and request for your Panthercard (PBSC student ID)
Thirdly, you should complete your Mandatory Dual Enrolment Orientation and you can do this online. Submit required documents such that they can be verified before the start of classes.
In order to submit your course request via online Dual Enrolment Authorisation Request.
- A Dual Enrolment Authorization Form: this must be completed by High School Counsellor with the student and legal guardian or parent.
- A GPA verification/transcript
- Scores from IB, AP, or AICE for any course where pre-requisite is required.
- A Letter of recommendation from high school principal (Early Admission students only)
Finally, you will have to register and pay for classes. After the processing of your documents is complete, visit your PBSC student email to check if you have received an email and confirm if you have been registered. If everything is positive, then, you can start by viewing your course syllabus. In the Current Student icon, review resources.
To confirm if you have been enrolled, you will need to obtain an enrolment verification certificate. Through the online Student Self-Service program of National Student Clearinghouse, you will be able to get the enrolment verification certificates. This will be a free-of-charge service for all students.
The following steps will guide you in obtaining the enrolment verification certificate;
- You are required to Login to PantherWeb using your Student ID and Password.
- This will take you to your student home page, here, you will have to click on Records icon (on the top navigational bar), select Enrolment Certification and you will see a welcome page, click on the “Click Here” button.
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse Student Self-Service page and determine whether you would like to see your current enrolment or all the enrolment data, you can then select your choice and then tap on the “obtain an enrolment certificate” icon. You should then download the enrolment certificate.
- Once the data has been created (PDF format), you may print, save or e-mail the verification certificate.
- You are advised to log out once you are done with the process so that you can protect your records.
You can also be able to;
- Obtain a Good Student Discount Certificate to print and mail to an auto insurer or other company that requests proof of your status as a Good Student for the current term,
- View your enrolment information
- Also view the proof(s) of enrolment that the Clearinghouse has provided to your health insurers and other providers of student services or products
- View specific information about your student loans, and
- And view the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to your loan holders.
What Are Palm Beach State College’s Rankings?
Among the 15 Cheapest Community Colleges in Florida, PBSC was ranked the 1st, the 9th among the Lowest Out-of-State Tuition Colleges in Every State by “bestvalueschools.org”.
Palm Beach Community College was ranked 6th out of the 50 Universities with the Lowest Tuition Costs by “valuecolleges.com”.
It was also ranked the 8th out of the 25 Cheapest State Universities and Colleges by “cbsnews.com” and the 20th out of the top Colleges in the Southeast Region by “collegefactual.com”.
It was ranked the 3rd out of the 25 Massage Therapy Schools in Florida by “careerswiki.com.” PBSC was ranked the 14th in cheapest Colleges & Universities in Florida for Out State Tuition by “collegecalc.org”.
Ranked the 9th out of top Ranked Universities in Florida by “stateuniversity.com”. It was ranked the 22nd out of Online Interior Design Programs 2020 by “valuecolleges.com” as well.
How Much Tuition Will I Pay?
The below tuition statistics are calculated based on the cost of attendance; this includes the tuition, fees, books and supplies, personal expenses, room and board, and transportation expenses.
Tuition costs for eligible degree ad certificate programs
Dependant students (In-state students)
- Personal expenses-$1,755
- Total -$23,943
Dependant students (out-of-state students)
- Personal expenses-$1,680
- Total -$29,220
Independent students (in-state students)
- Personal expenses-$1,755
- Total -$27,318
Independent students (out-of-state students)
- Personal expenses-$1,755
- Total -$37,530
Can I Get a Scholarship For PBSC?
Despite being among the most affordable colleges in Florida, we are well aware that there are some people who have a tight budget so in such cases various scholarships were made available for everyone. These include;
The Presidential Honors College Scholarship
This is a two-year scholarship award worth $6,000 per academic year which counts up to $2000 per semester. However, the applicant will only qualify when they have a minimum of 12 credits and the scholarship is available for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters, and these funds cover to pay for, the In-state tuition, registration fees, books & educational expenses, etc.
To get this scholarship, one must; be a graduated high school senior with a minimum 3.5 unweighted GPA, enroll for classes during the fall term following high school graduation, participate in Honors College’s Gold Track.
Be able to renew if continue with PBSC Bachelor’s program, have a Renewal Cumulative GPA: 3.5, and must have College placement ready test scores.
Green & Gold Scholarship
This is a two-year award worth $2,000 per academic year or $1,000/semester. One must have a minimum of 12 credits to be able to enroll.
This scholarship is available during the Fall and Spring semesters. The scholarship award funds cover the In-state tuition fees, registration fees, books, and educational expenses.
For one to be able to acquire the scholarship, you must;
- be a graduated high school senior with a minimum 3.2 unweighted GPA
- Enroll for classes during the fall term following high school graduation
- Participate in Honors College’s Gold Track, be able to renew if continue with PBSC Bachelor’s program
- Have a Renewal Cumulative GPA: 3.2
- And must have College placement ready test scores.
This is a scholarship award available for selected students who have earned 30 or more college credits to complete their Associate degree. It covers the in-state and registration fees.
The scholarship funds are available during the spring and the fall semesters. To qualify for this scholarship, you must have at least 12 credits.
For one to be able to acquire the scholarship, you must; be a graduated high school senior with a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA, enroll for classes during the fall term following high school graduation, participate in Honors College’s Gold Track, be able to renew if continue with PBSC Bachelor’s program, have a Renewal Cumulative GPA: 3.0.
Have College placement ready test scores and have 30 College credits by the time of graduation (Dual Enrolment, AP, AICE or CLEP).
This is a 2-year scholarship program available to only dual enrolment students. It covers In-state tuition and books.
The scholarship funds are available during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
For one to be able to acquire the scholarship, you must; be a graduated high school senior with a minimum 2.5 unweighted GPA, enroll for classes during the fall term following high school graduation. Participate in Honors College’s Gold Track, be able to renew if continue with PBSC Bachelor’s program, have a Renewal Cumulative GPA: 2.5.
And must have College placement ready test scores. the applicants should complete an appropriate FAFSA annually and Dual Enrolment courses.
First Step 2 Success Scholarship
This is a scholarship award that is worth a maximum of $500 and covers: In-state tuition, registration fees, and books maximum. This scholarship is available during the summer semester.
For one to be eligible for the scholarship, you must; complete all the necessary admissions applications and requirements to Palm Beach State College by the start of the summer semester.
Be planning to pursue an AA degree at Palm Beach State College, be a First-Time-in-College (FTIC) student with a standard high school diploma and should complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA and be eligible to receive the Pell Grant.
These scholarships are funded by Palm Beach State College and awardees are usually selected from departments such as Athletes, Music and Theatre, Honors, etc.
For one to qualify for the award, you must; complete all the necessary requirements for admissions and registration i.e. admissions applications, residency classification, etc.
Complete appropriate FAFSA application per academic year, for those who need assistance with the FAFSA application you can FAFSA Workshops for dates and times when they are available.
The Transient and Dual Enrolled students are not eligible due to non-degree seeking and admissions status and will not get the award therefore you don’t need to apply for the scholarship.
These are 2-year scholarship programs where selection is done by the Palm Beach County Principals. They are available during the fall and spring semesters and they are worth $4,000 per academic year or $2000 per semester.
The scholarship covers tuition, registration fees, books & educational expenses.
You must have at least 12 credits so that you can be eligible. be a graduated high school senior with a minimum 3.5 unweighted GPA, enroll for classes during the fall term following high school graduation, be able to renew if continue with PBSC Bachelor’s program, have a Renewal Cumulative GPA: 3.5.
Must have College placement ready test scores, and not have more than 30 credit hours of Dual Enrolment, Early Admission or AP credit hours.
Frequently Asked Questions on Palm Beach State College
Palm Beach State College enrolls nearly 49,000 students.
Having read through this article, we hope that you will be able to make the best decision about where you would like to enroll. Since everyone would like to study from the best, choosing PBSC comes as an easy choice as it is both good and affordable.
We would like to know if this article has been of great help to you. You can share your views in the comments section below. We love reading them!
- Palm Beach State College: www.palmbeachstate.edu/
- Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org
- Courses: palmbeachstate.smartcatalogiq.com
- Montgomery College Reviews 2021 | Admissions, Tuition, Ranking, And Scholarships
- Spring Hill College Review: Scholarships, Tuition, and Cost of Living
- Lafayette College Reviews 2021 | Admissions, Tuition, Ranking, and Scholarships