Planet Fitness offers $5,000 worth of scholarships at the Planet Fitness Judgement Free Generation Scholarship to deserving teens who embody the non-judgmental, kindness, and anti-harassment values for which Planet Fitness and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America are held collectively.
While many scholarships only include academics and/or athletes, this scholarship, part of Planet Fitness’s non-judgmental generation initiative, will focus on acceptance and be awarded to passionate students. By spreading kindness and fighting against bullying.
Ok, I know you really want to learn about the Planet fitness judgment-free generation scholarship, so here it is.
Table of contents
About Planet Fitness
Planet Fitness, founded in 1992 in Dover, N.H., is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchises and fitness center operators in the United States by several members and locations.
The company’s mission is to improve people’s lives by providing a quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment called the Judgment Free Zone.
Over 95% of the Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business people.
Judgment Free Generation
The Judgment Free Generation is a philanthropic initiative of Planet Fitness, designed to counter the judgment and bullying that confronts today’s youth by creating a culture of kindness and encouragement.
Planet Fitness wants, together with BGCA, to grow up a generation that contributes to a more judgment-free planet – a place where everyone feels accepted and should hear.
So far, franchisees, employees, and members of Planet Fitness have:
- Has contributed more than $4 million to non-profit partners
- Reached over 1,200 Boys & Girls Club in all 50 states with staff and youth training
- Awarded $ 275,000 in scholarships for young people that promote acceptance and inclusion in their communities
- Over 20 Mini Judgment Free Zone fitness centers have been built in selected Boys & Girls Club, providing young people with inclusive spaces where they can train
- Volunteering at Boys & Girls Club in the US.
What are Boys & Girls Club of America?
For over 150 years, the Boys & Girls Club of America has enabled young people who need the most to achieve a great future as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
Today, over 4,300 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people annually through membership of the Club and community reach. Clubs are in cities, towns, social homes and indigenous countries throughout the country and serve military families in BGCA-affiliated youth centers on US military installations worldwide.
They offer a safe place, caring mentors for adults, fun, friendship, and high-quality youth development programs daily during critical non-school hours. Priority programs emphasize academic success, good character and citizenship, and a healthy lifestyle. In a Harris survey among alumni, 54 percent said the Club saved their lives. The national headquarters are in Atlanta.
The Planet Fitness Judgement Free Generation Scholarship is meant for high school teen students who are members of the Boys and Girls Club of America.
Get access to other Undergraduate scholarships, click on the link
The Planet Fitness Judgement Free Generation Scholarship is hosted in USA.
If you are an international student and desire to study in the USA. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the USA
Up to thirty (30) awards of $5,000 will be awarded. Awards are to be used for education-related expenses for undergraduate study.
Awards are one-time only and not renewable. Scholarship America processes scholarship payments for the Boys & Girls Club of America and Planet Fitness. Payment is made in one installment on August 1.
The Planet Fitness Judgement Free Generation Scholarship is available for students who are citizens of the United States.
The number of the offer is 30. However, there are other limited openings for students seeking scholarships.
Eligibility for Scholarship
Before applying for a Scholarship, applicants must meet the specified criteria:
- To be a high school Senior
- Be an active member of the Boys and Girls Club
- Model the values of justice, caring and anti-bullying that Planet Fitness and the Boys and Girls Club of America collectively champion
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate studies at an accredited technical and vocational school two to four years after graduation.
- Have a recommendation from a club staff member
Candidates must also fulfill the following conditions:
- A complete and up-to-date transcript must be uploaded with your application. Note reports are not accepted. Transcripts must include the name of the student, the name of the school, the marks and the hours credited for each course and the quarter in which each course was taken.
- A recommendation completed by a member of the club staff
- A short video explaining why you agree to spread goodness and stop bullying
You can begin the application by clicking on the application Link
Selection of Recipients
Recipients will be selected based on consideration of:
- An essay on the following questions:
- How has bullying impacted your life, Club or community?
- Why is it important to you personally to end bullying?
- How are you spreading kindness, acceptance, tolerance and judgment-free values in your life, Club and/or community?
- How have you impacted others in modeling these values?
- How do you plan to continue to spread kindness in college or in your future aspirations?
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in club, school and community activities and work experience
- A brief personal statement about the Student’s Club experience and how it has shaped his or her commitment to their community, respect for others, and aspirations for the future
- A recommendation from a Club staff member with comments about the applicant’s demonstration of Judgement Free Generation values
- A short video telling why the student is committed to spreading kindness and stopping bullying.
- Video Content Requirements:
- Please respond to the following prompt, repeating the prompt as the first sentence in your video:
- Video Content Requirements:
“I am committed to spreading kindness and stopping bullying because…”
At the end of your video, please say the following phrase: “I am a proud member of the Judgement Free Generation!”
Video Length: 60 seconds or less
Planet Fitness Judgement Free Generation Scholarship runs from February 15 to April 9th, every academic year. Incomplete or late applications will not be allowed.
- 13 Ph.D. SCHOLARSHIPS FOR COMOROS STUDENTS
- Chevening Scholarships for Morocco Students
- UCLan BSc Mathematics Scholarship at British University of Cyprus
- Abo Akademi University Scholarships in Finland
- 15 Scholarships for Chad to Study in France
- FPT University in Vietnam Bachelor and Master Scholarships for International Students