The Troup County School System strives to provide educational opportunities that encourage students to be self-sufficient, successful, and joyful.
Also, to provide a challenging and safe learning environment for all kids so that they can become productive citizens in a varied and changing world.
Table of contents
- Is Troup County a Good Place to School?
- List of the Troup County Schools Review 2022
- 2. Hillside Montessori:
- 3. Franklin Forest Elementary School:
- 4. Clearview Elementary School:
- 5. West Point Elementary:
- 6. Sound Doctrine Christian Academy:
- 7. Childcare Network West Point:
- 8. Lafayette Christian School:
- 9. Bradfield Center – Ault Academy:
- Standard Eligibility Requirements
- 10. First Presbyterian Montessori Preschool & Kindergarten:
Is Troup County a Good Place to School?
With over 13,000 students and 26 schools, Troop County Schools strive to ensure that all students achieve their highest academic potential while also providing a safe, secure, and wholesome learning environment that engages all students, staff, families, businesses, and the community in the learning process.
List of the Troup County Schools Review 2022
Here is a detailed look at the Troup County Schools’ admissions requirements, enrollment procedure, and scholarship options;
1. LaGrange Academy:
LaGrange Academy seeks to enroll students who would benefit from a college-ready curriculum and who have demonstrated the capacity to succeed in a college-bound academic setting.
They are dedicated to ensuring that kids are well-prepared to attend their preferred institution or university. For your child to gain admission into this academy several steps/requirements need to be followed; the first is to Create an Account to begin the Online Application process.
After that, you will receive an email with a verification link that will enable you to log in to your account and Create A New Student Application for your child. This allows you to log in and out of your account as needed.
A non-refundable cost of $35 must be submitted with the initial application, with an additional price of $20 for each additional application.
After completing and submitting your application, you will be able to check your admissions status at the school by logging in to your account.
You will also be able to print the completed application and track when the school gets any necessary supplementary forms. The following are the additional items that each candidate must have to be admitted to the school:
Kindergarten and Pre-K4:
- The completed application
- Fee for Application
- Certificate of Birth (copy)
- Immunization History
- Form for Vision, Hearing, and Dental Certificates
- Become acquainted with the candidate and his or her family.
- Applicants MUST be of the age cut-off
- Applicants MUST be fully potty-trained.
First through Twelfth Grades:
- The completed application
- Fee for Application
- Certificate of Birth (copy)
- Immunization History
- Transcript from the most recent school
- Standardized test results
- Recommendations from Teachers
- Meet the candidate and his or her family for a tour: We may also organize a readiness assessment and/or an interview with the Head of School.
GOAL offers scholarships to students in Georgia so that they can attend the private PK-12 schools of their parent’s choice.
As Georgia’s foremost SSO, GOAL is setting the gold standard for scholarship administration in collaboration with 121 participating schools. Rarely does a person have the option of redirecting state income taxes to their local community.
Your state tax liability can be diverted to finance scholarships for deserving LaGrange Academy students through LaGrange Academy’s partnership with the GOAL Scholarship Program.
2. Hillside Montessori:
They provide an atmosphere in which children are encouraged to grow their innate desire to explore and learn, and they are driven to assist children in reaching their full potential by cultivating independence, compassion, and integrity so that they can contribute meaningfully to their community and world.
Hillside Montessori of LaGrange is committed to community, growth, and education, and they think that emphasizing customized education will generate more thoughtful, conscientious, and innovative leaders of the future – Children who will excel in whichever field their interests take them.
A step-by-step guide for those seeking admission:
- Attend an open house or a session of discussion.
- Fill out a Student Application and Background Check Form.
- To begin the application, pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee.
- Set up a meeting with the Head of School for parents.
- Make an appointment for your child to visit the classroom.
- Fill out the Transcript Request Form.
Those in need of financial assistance can apply for it. Applications must be filled out completely and returned with proof of family income.
A third party reviews all applications and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors. Scholarships are awarded based on family needs, and applications must be resubmitted each year
3. Franklin Forest Elementary School:
They inspire personal success in each of their students by providing college and career-ready instruction, possibilities in athletics, activities, and the performing arts, as well as real-world experiences in society.
To be admitted to the school, you must have and bring the following documents with you to the school for verification:
1. Identification as a Resident (One item from each of the sections)
- Section A: Current Property Tax Statement, Recent Signed and Dated Home Purchase Closing Statement or Current Signed and Dated Resident Lease.
- Section B: Current month’s utility bill (Gas/Electric only), Healthcare Insurance Statement, FoodShare/Quest Benefits Statement, Medicaid/BadgerCare Benefit Statement, W-2, Social Security Statement, and any other nation, state, or federal benefits statement.
- A driver’s license is not acceptable.
2. Certificate of Birth (original)
3. Immunization History of the Student
Other Documents Necessary;
- Documentation for Court
- Legal Custody Verification
- Verification of Living Situations
- Out-of-Home Care Education Passport
4. Clearview Elementary School:
Clearview Elementary School aims to give students a well-rounded education that includes the arts, technology, communication, and critical thinking skills to prepare them for the world’s work.
Students will benefit from a diverse range of experiences that will allow them to stretch their abilities and explore their passions. They allow all students to grow educationally, personally, and professionally by providing a diverse range of opportunities to prepare for the future.
To enroll, check the FCPS boundary locator to see if the student lives inside the Clearview Elementary School boundary.
Please fill out the new student registration signup/intake form below if the student lives inside the boundaries. Your application will be sent to the Student Information Assistant at the school, who will be able to assist you with the registration process.
- Birth certificate (original): In the absence of a birth certificate, the FCPS affidavit with supporting evidence is necessary. Forms for affidavits are available at the school.
- Proof of address: A recent mortgage statement, a current, completely completed lease (signed by both the landlord/management company and the renter), or the home’s deed/closing paperwork are necessary.
- Photo ID for Parents: A parent whose name appears on the child’s birth certificate is the only one who can enroll the pupil. A government-issued photo identity will be required of the parent.
5. West Point Elementary:
West Point Elementary’s role is to enhance learning first for all students, and to do so, they draw on the individual talent and strengths of the entire school community to forge a unified commitment to learning first.
To complete student enrollment/registration at West Point Elementary, the following forms are required:
- Fill out the Student Information Form completely. A guardian’s signature is required.
- Immunization Form: Completed immunization form with information to be verified.
- Legal Guardianship Status Form: If applicable, Legal Guardian records, Proof of Residency Form, Student Information Questionnaire / McKinney-Vento Eligibility Form
For verification purposes, the following items are required:
- Photo I.D. in any form—for example, a driver’s license or a government-issued identification card.
- Original Birth Certificate—The original is required; copies will be made for the student’s records, and the original will be returned.
6. Sound Doctrine Christian Academy:
Sound Doctrine Christian Academy’s goal is to equip your child for a life of greatness and devotion to God’s Kingdom.
The most important goal is to work with your family to raise your children in a nurturing and Christ-centered environment.
Sound Doctrine’s goal is for every student who graduates from the school to have a strong biblical worldview, academic knowledge, and a heart for service to make a difference in their societies and around the world.
Scholarships are vital, so Sound Doctrine’s program is designed for students who are average or above average.
A conventional approach to the “basic” and an increased focus on the value of striving for excellence and giving one’s best will appeal to students with learning disabilities who are frustrated by the pace of academics.
For parents who are unable to pay their child’s fees, there are financial assistance/aid programs available.
Admissions Process and Requirements
The following is a detailed description of the Admissions Process and requirements:
1. Contact the office and request a written application form.
2. After the non-refundable application and testing fees are received, testing is scheduled for students entering grades 1-8. Only CASH or MONEY ORDER is accepted for admission and testing fees. Following the testing, the applicant’s status will be discussed at a conference.
3. Accepted applicants will receive a packet of registration forms to fill out. Before an official letter of acceptance is sent, the proper immunization forms, birth certificate, and transcript from the previous school must be received, as well as a tuition account established.
4. Applications for Sound Doctrine Christian Academy Admissions should be submitted well in advance of the school’s start date. Late admissions and admissions received after the start of the school year are handled on a case-by-case basis.
7. Childcare Network West Point:
Childcare Network believes in creating an educational foundation for each child to be productive throughout their lives; they are affordable and work with each family to fulfill their requirements, making the center unique in the West Point area.
Basically, Childcare Network’s mission is to provide high-quality early childcare and education to children, to serve as a supportive network and resource for families, to strengthen the communities in which they work.
Also, to collaborate with other responsive networks and services to ensure that high-quality preschool education remains significant, safe, and affordable for all families.
To be eligible for these programs, a family must meet state eligibility requirements and complete a thorough application process.
Because demand for these programs often outnumbers available classroom space, parents are encouraged to enroll as soon as possible to ensure a spot for the coming academic year.
In several of the schools, Childcare Network is devoted to providing these activities to parents.
8. Lafayette Christian School:
The school’s principal goal and purpose are to educate students in the biblical way of life while also providing them with a quality education. The mission of LCA is to minister to each student’s spirit, soul, and body through a Christian-based curriculum.
Aptitude and achievement exams, recommendations, previous report cards, interviews, and the results of any entrance testing are used to evaluate all applications.
The admittance procedure takes into account a student’s previous academic records and behavioral habits. The family must agree with Lafayette Christian Academy’s Christian educational philosophy.
Lafayette Christian Academy does not discriminate against students because of their race, gender, country of origin, or disability, and as of present, there is no running Scholarship program. Some prerequisites must be completed for the application to be considered.
- Attend a local church regularly.
- Complete the application and testing
- Take part in a student and parent interview (s)
- Students in kindergarten must be four years old
- Provide a copy of the school records receipt.
- Students in K5 must be at least five years old.
- Students who are transferring must have a clean disciplinary record.
- Transferring students must pass a national standardized achievement test at or above grade level.
- Parents/legal guardians must meet with the principal for an interview (children seeking 5th grade or higher must bring their parents/legal guardians).
9. Bradfield Center – Ault Academy:
Ault Academy’s goal and mission are to deliver good standards in a safe, secure, and supportive environment for all children.
To empower each student to prosper and survive in society, a major focus is placed on a quality curriculum that promotes problem-solving, critical thinking, accountability, work ethic, and citizenship.
They are dedicated to becoming the premier provider of high-quality services to children, adolescents, families, and communities, as well as to providing programs and services that enable children, youth, and families to reach their full potential.
The eligibility requirements to be enrolled at this center, which focuses on serving males ages 9-17 with sexual aggressive tendencies, include:
- Males between the ages of 9 and 17
- An IQ of 70 or higher
- Youth who have been assessed and determined to be at least a moderate risk of repeating sexually aggressive behaviors toward others and who have a documented history of and manifest signs and symptoms that are similar to those seen in victims of sexual abuse.
Standard Eligibility Requirements
The following are the Standard Eligibility Requirements:
1. No felony charges that have not been adjudicated; legal issues must be resolved before admission.
2. Behavioral issues (minor crimes, mild substance abuse, depressive disorders, self-esteem issues, non-psychotic diagnosis, non-suicidal/homicidal diagnosis/tendencies)
3. Preference for family/visitation resources
4. Minor medical problems only; must be treatable in the therapeutic setting and do not necessitate specialized treatment/services unless the Chief Medical Officer gives prior approval.
10. First Presbyterian Montessori Preschool & Kindergarten:
The school is committed to offering the best Montessori education possible at the most affordable price, and they think that young children learn best by actively exploring their surroundings.
To make sense of the world around them, they employ hands-on materials and capitalize on their natural curiosity. To enroll your child at FPC LaGrange Montessori, complete the online application form to be added to the waiting list. An employee will contact you to discuss enrollment options.
As of now, there are no known Scholarship programs available.
TCS believes that all decisions should be made with kids in mind and that each student is a valued individual with unique social, emotional, physical, and academic needs, as well as clear and high expectations.
Long-range plans govern the TCSS, ensuring that the district’s vision, mission, and goals are met while maintaining good communication between home and school.
- Penn Foster High School Reviews 2022 | Admission, Requirements, Academics, Scholarships
- Highland high school reviews 2022| Admission, requirements, Academics, Scholarships
- Albemarle County Public Schools| Reviews, Tuition, Admission, Scholarship
- University of Maryland Medical School Ranking 2022 | Best Reviews, Programs, Admission
- Miami Dade Schools Reviews | Admission, Requirement, Rankings, Scholarships