DAAD scholarship is one of the awards in Germany among other international scholarship opportunities for students that are fully funded. This scholarship is designed to take care of the awardee’s tuition and other educational needs including books, feeding, and transportation.
The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership.
In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process on how to apply for this award successfully.
DAAD Masters Scholarship 2022
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic cooperation.
The scholarship offers foreign graduates from developing countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or German university.
Also, in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
While there are many similarities between the US and the German higher education system, there are also a couple of key differences that you should keep in mind when thinking about pursuing graduate studies in Germany:
- In Germany, a Bachelor’s degree enables you to enroll in a Master’s program. It is not possible to enroll in a Ph.D. program with only a Bachelor’s degree.
- If you are interested in a Ph.D. program, you must already have completed a Master’s degree. See here for more information on pursuing a Ph.D. in Germany.
- Further, universities usually require that your Bachelor’s degree is in a similar field (i.e. you are major) as the Master’s program you are interested in, the so-called “field of studies requirement”. In some cases, universities also require work experience as part of the application process.
Contact your university directly for information on the application requirements of their Master’s programs.
Learn how to write an amazing Cover letter for scholarship
What You Need To Know About DAAD Scholarships For International Students
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the largest funding organization in the world supporting the international exchange of students and scholars. More than 1.5 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding.
DAAD is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany representing 365 German higher education institutions.
High school students who seek national recognition can apply for Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship
Level/Field Of Study
This is a scholarship in Germany for international students, it is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to study in Germany.
The scholarship will hold in Germany.
- Scholarship payments of 750 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
Additional benefits include:
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
For a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in Germany:
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study program
- The scholarship is for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study program (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study program can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first academic year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master’s program at the time of their application may apply for a scholarship for the second year of study.
For a study period in Germany as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in a foreign country:
- Usually one academic year; an extension is not possible.
- You must complete a first degree (Bachelor, Diploma or comparable academic degree).
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programs.
- Applicants who are resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline are not eligible.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
The German scholarship 2022 applications have to be sent directly to the respective University. Applications (or documents) sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the according to courses! The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Upload the following documents to the DAAD portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- A statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Letter of admission to a study program
The German scholarships usually begin on 1st October, or earlier if the student takes a language course prior to the study program.
Frequently Asked Questions
750 euros per month.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and review our post, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.