Are you an artist or student seeking expression of your talent? You can be rewarded for your skills in the ongoing Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant 2022 for students. The foundation rewards students who are skillful in artistic work. Apply now.
About Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
Charles G. Greenshields, Q.C., of Montreal, founded The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation in 1955, in memory of his mother, whose name is embodied in the title.
The objective of the Foundation is to promote through its charitable activities, an appreciation of traditional expression in painting, drawing, sculpture, and printmaking, by aiding worthy art students, artists, or sculptors who need further training or other assistance during their formative years.
To date, the Foundation has provided financial assistance to more than 1600 students and artists in 40 countries. Its grantees are renowned artists, both nationally and internationally, as well as highly respected art professors, teachers, and mentors. The Foundation is extremely proud of its grantees and of their accomplishments. A selection of the works of some of the Foundation’s previous grantees can be found in the Gallery.
More about Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant
Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists is one of the platforms that grants students who are interested in the dimensions of art the opportunity to develop themselves in that particular field, and invariably contribute the growth of Canada and their respective countries.
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation grant is one of the most prestigious grants available to emerging figurative artists, as well as one of the most substantial. It is one of the longest-standing, with an illustrious history of recipients spanning more than half a century. It is also unique in its scope, in that it is available to students and artists around the world.
Awards are limited to candidates in the early stages of their careers and who are working in a representational style in painting, drawing, sculpture, and printmaking. The terms of the Foundation’s Charter preclude consideration of non-objective art.
Applicants who are being considered for a grant may be asked to supply supporting documentation.
This grant can also be available for students who are not in a tertiary institution but are interested in developing themselves in arts which would warrant them to engage in training youth organizations, and other platforms that would offer the training.
The candidate is judged by the information contained in this application, and the piece of work he brings with them.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is strictly for students who have already enrolled in a tertiary institution majoring in the field of arts, design, or any other related period.
Its grantees are renowned artists, both nationally and internationally, as well as highly respected art professors, teachers, and mentors. And then tested developing their own field.
Awards are limited to candidates in the early stages of their careers and who are working in a representational style in painting, drawing, sculpture, and printmaking.
Students in the university, who are majors in arts, sculpture making, painting, drawing, are eligible to apply for this grant. Applicants must work within a representational style of painting, drawing, sculpture or printmaking. No other artistic activities or disciplines are funded.
The following activities, in particular, are not within the mandate of the Foundation and are not eligible for a grant: commercial art, graphic design, and illustration, photography, animation, video art, film, and digital art, crafts, decorative arts, and any work that falls primarily into these categories.
And also students who are already out of the tertiary institution, but are still young and want to build a career in arts are eligible to apply for this grant which would enable them to fund his or her dreams.
Without much emphasis, this grant has the characteristics of Canada grants written all over it. Charles G. Greenshields, Q.C. is a crystal citizen Canada, there this scholarship is hosted in Canada.
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant Program 2022 is available to international students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of the offer in Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant 2022 is not stated. Its selection criteria are strictly based on merit and fulfilment of the eligible criteria.
The Foundation provides financial assistance to artists who work in a representational style of painting, drawing, sculpting or printmaking, who are in the early or developmental stage of their career and demonstrate a commitment to making art a lifetime career.
First grants are in the amount of CAD $15,000 each, and subsequent grants are in the amount of CAD $18,000 each. Grants are made directly to the beneficiaries, not through other organizations.
The Foundation reserves the right to award grants in other night amounts and to disburse funds in whole or in part, as it deems advisable. Grantees may not receive more than three grants in their lifetime.
Eligibility for Grant
An applicant without the under-listed requirements is not eligible to apply for this grant.
- Before applying, applicants should make sure that he or she has access to the availability of these conditions before visiting the application portal.
- Applicants must be in the early or developmental stage of their career, work in a representational style of painting, drawing, sculpting or printmaking and demonstrate a commitment to making their art a lifetime career. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submitting their application.
- Grantees who have complied with the terms and conditions of a grant previously awarded to them by the Foundation may apply for a second or third grant one year after the award of their previous grant.
- Only those working in a representational style of painting drawing, sculpture or printmaking will be considered.
- The Foundation does not accept applications from commercial artists, graphic designers and illustrators, photographers, cartoonists, animation artists, video artists, filmmakers and digital artists, craft makers or any artist whose work falls primarily into these categories. The Foundation does not provide funding for the pursuit of abstract or non-objective art.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be completed online, then printed, dated and signed by the applicant and submitted by mail.
Some Grants are open for a single opportunity annually. And some of them have respective deadlines in the summer, fall, or winter.
The Foundation welcomes applications throughout the year; there is no deadline for filing an application.
Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
1814 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite #1
Montreal, Quebec, H3H 1E4
Tel: 514 937 9225
Fax: 514 937 0141
- $50,000 OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries – APPLY
- Pat Tillman Military Scholarship$400k
- Mike Rowe Scholarship program [UPDATED]
- $100,000 Siemens Competition for High School Students
- TOP 7 Business Schools For International Students
- Foot Locker Scholarship Program | UPDATED
- Best 10 Left Handed Scholarships