Distance education has clearly become one of the most popular higher learning alternatives in recent times. The consistently improving reputation makes a lot of people continually search for free online courses with certificates.
These courses are a great and very affordable way to offer remote study options and deliver a wide range of unique skills in a short time. And in Canada, there’s no shortage of these courses. Therefore, if you’re looking for free online courses in Canada or free certificate courses in Canada, even if it’s free online healthcare courses with certificates in Canada, this post would be a good read.
A recent study conducted by SRI International (on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education) proves that “on average, students in online learning conditions performed better than those receiving face-to-face instruction.”
If you are considering taking a remote learning program, you can choose from one of the 15 Free Online Courses with certificates in Canada. Some of these courses are free online healthcare courses with certificate in Canada, some are free online government certifications Canada. Whichever one you choose, you are in for a good time and learning experience.
Before you run through the course options, there are important facts about these (free online courses in Canada) online education you need to know including the pros and cons of online learning and many others.
The table of contents will help you navigate the available options and will serve as a summary to free online courses Canada certificates.
Table of Contents Hide
- Why Choose Free Online Courses In Canada?
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Online Classes?
- How Do Online College Classes Work?
- How Can I Find Schools that Offer Online Degrees?
- How do I Apply For Online Courses?
- What Is The Duration For Online Courses?
- How Much Does It Cost To Take Online Courses?
- Are there Free Online Courses in Canada?
- List of Free Online Courses
- #1 Software Engineering – Introduction, Certificate
- #2 Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers, Certificate
- #3 How to Code – Simple Data, Certificate
- #4 Software Development Capstone Project, Certificate
- #5 Human Resource Management Program
- #6 Object-Oriented Design
- #7 Software Construction – Object-Oriented Design, Certificate
- #8 Software Construction – Data Abstraction, Certificate
- #9 How to Code – Complex Data, Certificate
- #10 Professional LLM in Labour Relations and Employment Law
- #11 Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers, Certificate
- #12 Sample-based Learning Methods
- #13 Prediction and Control with Function Approximation
- #14 Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution
- #15 Dinosaur Paleobiology
- List of Universities That Offer Free Online Courses In Canada
- Frequently Asked Question On Free Online Courses With Certificates In Canada
- We Also Recommend
Why Choose Free Online Courses In Canada?
Online or Distant learning is a mode of study that allows students to study most or all of a course without attending a campus-based institution.
It is a type of education that provides access to learning when the teacher and the learners are separated by time and distance or both.
During this type of education, students communicate with the faculty and other students via e-mail, electronic forums, videoconferencing, social media chat rooms, and other forms of computer-based interaction.
The programs often include an online training system and tools to produce a virtual classroom. The tuition fees for distance learning vary from institution to program to the country. In Canada for example there are free certificate courses canada.
There are also free online government certifications Canada – sponsored or recognized by the government as legitimate places to earn certificates. Hence we even have Free online healthcare courses with certificate in Canada.
Below are some of the reasons why online courses are necessary.
- First, online learning provides you with time and space to go deep and master a new skill.
- The online program provides a variety of programs and courses: As a student, you can also earn every academic degree online, from a career certificate to a doctorate.
- Online education proves a more affordable option than traditional schools; There are no commuting costs, and sometimes required course materials, such as textbooks, are available online at no cost.
- Students can take online courses and even complete entire degrees while working, while in-between jobs; This helps improve career advancement.
Do you know that you will be making a great decision if you choose Canada as an appealing option for your online study? I say this because it is obvious that Canada is the world’s most educated country. In fact, over half of its residents have university degrees.
Canada offers an interesting variety of college models: college and university graduates are highly-valued on the job market, and graduates of Canadian schools have been able to find great jobs in any field they’re interested in. It has also established that one can easily earn free online government certifications Canada.
When weighing the pros and cons of online classes, you can conclude that online learning delivers solid education.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Online Classes?
Online education is becoming very popular among students in Canada and around the world. It is as dynamic and interactive as on-campus learning.
Although a lot of people consider online programs a lesser form of education, they would be surprised at the realization that advancement in technology has made remote learning a greater part of a standard academic curriculum.
Study shows that over 6 million students in the United States are doing at least one online program. Over 2 million students are studying for a fully online degree. There are similar statistics in the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
The above statistics indicate that the online certification program is here to stay. Nevertheless, remote learning is not for everyone. That is why you need to balance up the advantages versus disadvantages before you make your mind up about whether to embrace online education or not.
The following are advantages of Online Courses With Certificates In Canada
- The biggest advantage of online certification is that you obtain it in the comfort of your home.
- You spend less when to obtain online certification compare to on-campus learning.
- Obtaining the certificate that comes with the course after completion could be a good consolation to you if you are yet to travel to Canada.
- You can leverage online certifications and improve your CV.
- Online education will expose you to New Learning Technologies
Below are Disadvantages of Online Courses With Certificates In Canada
- Many firms and institutions do not value online education.
- Online studies lack social interaction which is a big disadvantage.
- Online education cannot take care of courses that require hands-on experiences, such as Medicine and engineering.
- Students enrolled in online programs are more likely to drop out of school due to a lack of self-motivation
- Online Courses are Less Structured therefore you need a high amount of Self-Discipline to scale through
- A laptop crash, modem malfunction, and many other Technology issues will arise during your online study.
From the above points, you can see clearly that the pros of online education outweigh the cons, so, if you consider taking an online course, you need to learn how it works.
How Do Online College Classes Work?
Basically, online education uses the Learning Management System LMS method which includes the use of Blackboard, Canvas, and Moodle, which provides an accessible exchange of information between Lecturers and students.
During online classes, your study materials, lectures, and assignments are sent to you via email or some kind of file transfer system. You submit course assignments through LMS by posting on discussion forums and submitting tasks through applicable links.
Another option for online classes involves the use of an online proctoring service. This helps to monitor students as they work. It also permits degree candidates to take assessments away from campus and also provides schools with confidence that students honestly earned their grades. If you exhibit any form of cheating or malpractice, the service may alert the school.
How Can I Find Schools that Offer Online Degrees?
Finding schools that offer free online courses with certificates in Canada can be very challenging. This is due to the fact that most programs are often geared toward on-campus students. Nonetheless, there are some helpful tips below that will help you secure free online certification courses Canada.
- Utilize google search and social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Discuss with people who are already taking free online certification courses.
How do I Apply For Online Courses?
Actually, applying for a free online certification course in Canada is just like applying for on-campus learning. There is no much difference. You will follow the same steps and provide similar documents. Check out the enrollment steps and considerations outlined below.
Select the school and Programs you want to apply to
The first step you need to take is to make a choice of school and program, thereafter you obtain a form and complete the registration process.
Complete the online application
During the registration process, you’ll be required to set up an account that includes some personal information. This will also involve uploading the electronic versions of your Passport photograph, Curriculum Vitae, Personal Statement, and any other relevant documents.
Next will be to remit payment of all tuition and fees. However, If it is tuition-free, it will be indicated.
Most online courses with Certificates in Canada may require an interview, which can be conducted over the phone or online, on Skype.
An interview on Skype is just like a traditional interview. In this case, ensure your computer camera works well and you have a good internet connection. Also, ensure you dress formally just like you would for an offline interview.
Once you’ve completed the online registration and interview, you will be granted access to select your degree level and course of study then you can start enrolling in any classes.
What Is The Duration For Online Courses?
The length of online classes vary. Some can be completed in as little as five weeks, while others don’t have to be finished within a year’s time.
A typical online program lasts 8 weeks, some may take up to 10 weeks depending on the type of program.
However, some schools that specialize in online certification programs have developed courses that can be completed in only five weeks.
You have to understand that the duration of your online courses lies in your power. For instance, most instructors post assignments at the beginning of the program, so, if a course is said to last eight to nine weeks, you can complete the work and submit it as you choose.
This applies to even free online courses Canada Certificates and also to free online government certifications Canada.
How Much Does It Cost To Take Online Courses?
Many online courses in Canada are available for free, but certificates may be paid features. This means you can access the video lectures, discussion forums, and course readings for free. However, there are free online government certifications Canada.
The cost of Individual courses and Specializations vary. The prices usually appear when you click on the Enroll button on the left of the course information page.
Many online courses with certificates in Canada run on a subscription basis costing between $39-79 per month. Most offer a 7-day free trial, after which you will be billed. If you cancel within the free trial time, you will not be charged.
Are there Free Online Courses in Canada?
Yes, there are numerous free courses online in Canada. One should find what interests him or her or the school of their choice and get started to earn a free certificate from online courses in Canada.
Because we understand that this can be a tad difficult for people to figure out, we’ve made a list int his post to help narrow down your choices.
List of Free Online Courses
We have compiled the list of 15 free online courses with certificates in Canada. Our selection criteria are focused on the duration and nature of the course work offered. We also considered the quality of education, average earnings of graduates, accreditation, and several other relevant factors.
As you read further, you will get detailed information on the various programs offered by the free online schools listed below.
- Software Engineering – Introduction, Certificate
- Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers, Certificate
- How to Code – Simple Data, Certificate
- Software Development Capstone Project, Certificate
- Human Resource Management Program
- Object-Oriented Design
- Software Construction – Object-Oriented Design, Certificate
- Software Construction – Data Abstraction, Certificate
- How to Code – Complex Data, Certificate
- Professional LLM in Labour Relations and Employment Law
- Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers, Certificate
- Sample-based Learning Methods
- Prediction and Control with Function Approximation
- Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution
- Dinosaur Paleobiology
#1 Software Engineering – Introduction, Certificate
This course is part of the Software Development MicroMasters Program. It basically introduces how teams design, build and test multi-version software systems.
You will learn software engineering principles that are applicable to the breadth of large-scale software systems.
The course covers topics such as agile development, REST and Async programming, software specification, design, refactoring, information. The course duration is 6 weeks.
#2 Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers, Certificate
Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers is a free online course with certificates at the Engineering Institute of Technology located in Canada.
It is a 3-month online course. If you take up this program, you will gain a basic knowledge of structural engineering that includes the principles of analysis of structures and their application, the behaviour of materials under loading, the selection of construction materials, and the design fundamentals for Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) and steel structures.
The emphasis will be on the determination of the nature and quantum of stress developed under loads, and the way structures offer resistance to it. Being the most widely used construction materials, RCC and steel will be covered in detail, though masonry and timber are also introduced.
Therefore if you’re looking for Free courses online Canada, and you have interest in this area, you can start with this program.
#3 How to Code – Simple Data, Certificate
This is a 7 weeks tuition-free online learning platform in collaboration with the University of British Columbia – UBCx.
EdX features the How to Code – Simple Data Program. You will learn the secret to writing well-tested and easy to improve programs, that will set you up to master any programming language. To be eligible to apply for EdX online certification, you must know how to speak English.
#4 Software Development Capstone Project, Certificate
This is the final course in the Software Development MicroMasters program. You will learn how to input, manipulate, and return data with a modern web development stack. Using TypeScript and Node, you will manipulate large amounts of information using a domain-specific querying language. Backend, REST, and front-end technologies will be required to successfully complete the project.
Coursework covers the following topics;
- Full-stack web development using Typescript and Node.js
- How teams of developers build software
- Agile methodology
- Hands-on experience building a non-trivial software system
#5 Human Resource Management Program
Human Resource Management Program is one of the best Free Online Courses with Certificates In Canada. It layers traditional elements of human resource management with business and communication essentials.
Basically, the Program aligns its knowledge outcomes with industry-recognized standards and best professional practice, earning graduates top scores on the CPHR designation examinations.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to obtain your WHMIS certification through the Managing Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment course.
#6 Object-Oriented Design
Object-Oriented Design is a free online certification course provided by the University of Alberta in partnership with Coursera. It is the first course in Software Design and Architecture.
This course is basically designed for learners with a beginner level of object-oriented programming experience in Java, that are interested in software engineering.
Through the application of design principles, patterns, and architectures, learners will be able to create reusable, flexible, and testable software applications and systems.
After this course, you will be able to;
- Apply the CRC (Class Responsibility Collaborator) technique to analyze and design the object-oriented model for a problem.
- Construct an object-oriented model to represent the information structure of a real-world problem.
- Explain object-oriented modeling constructs and their purpose (e.g., abstraction, encapsulation, decomposition, generalization).
- Explain the difference between association, aggregation, and composition dependencies.
- Distinguish different types of inheritance
- Express object-oriented models as UML (Unified Modeling Language) class diagrams.
- Translate UML class diagrams to equivalent Java code.
- Translate Java code to UML class diagrams.
- Apply design guidelines for modularity, separation of concerns, information hiding, and conceptual integrity to create a flexible, reusable, maintainable design.
- Explain the tradeoff between cohesion and coupling.
- Apply inheritance appropriately.
#7 Software Construction – Object-Oriented Design, Certificate
This is another free online course with Certificates In Canada provided by the University of British Columbia – UBCx. It is a 6 weeks program.
Software Construction is a part of the software development MicroMaster program. It covers the principles of object-oriented design, and introduce new abstraction techniques and design patterns. This technique will help you to build an application that makes use of popular online services and APIs.
- How to read and use software design patterns
- Test and implementation of an object-oriented design
- How to develop an application using online services and APIs
Note that, you are not eligible to apply for this course if you are from Iran, Cuba, and the Crimea region of Ukraine countries.
You may also like 10 Best Online Free Education Websites for Adults
#8 Software Construction – Data Abstraction, Certificate
This is the third course in the Software Development MicroMasters program. You will learn how to build larger and more complex software systems using the Java programming language in 6 weeks.
The course features a topic of data abstraction – from specification to implementation. By the end of the course, you will have a solid foundation in designing software in Java, and be ready to move onto Software Construction: Object-Oriented Design, where you will learn more complex design patterns and principles designing object-oriented programs.
Coursework covers the following;
- How to read and write Java programs
- How to test Java programs with JUnit
- To build larger software systems using abstraction and decomposition
- How to specify, implement, use and test a data abstraction
#9 How to Code – Complex Data, Certificate
How to Code – Complex Data is a 6 weeks online certification course provided by the University of British Columbia.
This course will expose you to the simple additions to the design method that make it easy to write well-structured and well-tested code that is easy to maintain. To apply for this course, we recommend you first learn How to Code: Simple Data option to master the basics.
Coursework covers the following topics;
- Identification of commonalities in data definitions and functions
- How to avoid repetition using abstraction
- How to design functions that operate on graphs
- Design programs that search a given problem space to find a valid solution
#10 Professional LLM in Labour Relations and Employment Law
This is a 12 months course that will give you a deeper understanding of the theory, policies, and principles that underlie Labour and employment law.
The course requires completion of 36 credits obtained through coursework and a Major Research Paper, or coursework only. Your progress and performance are evaluated through papers, presentations, and take-home assignments.
At the end of this course, you will develop the skills to consider, at an advanced level, the social, economic, and political forces shaping this dynamic field today.
#11 Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers, Certificate
This is a 3 weeks free online course with Certificates In Canada. Courseworks covers the following topics;
- Fully understand the role of a structural engineer
- Predict the behavior of structural members under loading
- The concept of stress functions such as tension, compression, shear, and bending
- Significance of material properties in design
- The basic design of Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) structures
- Analyze the deformation of members under Loading
- The basic design of steel structures
- Perform basic analysis of statically determinate and indeterminate structures
- The basic design of masonry structures
- The basic design of timber structural members
#12 Sample-based Learning Methods
Sample-based Learning Methods is one of the free online courses with certificates in Canada provided by the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute, University of Alberta.
This course features several algorithms that can learn near-optimal policies based on trial and error interaction with the environment, learning from the agent’s own experience.
Course work covers topics on powerful Monte Carlo methods, and temporal difference learning methods including Q-learning.
At the end of this course, you will learn how we can get the best of both worlds: algorithms that can combine model-based planning (similar to dynamic programming) and temporal difference updates to radically accelerate learning.
#13 Prediction and Control with Function Approximation
Prediction and Control with Function Approximation is one of the most sought after free Online Courses with certificates in Canada. It is provided by Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute, University of Alberta.
This course comprises how to solve problems with large, high-dimensional, and potentially infinite state spaces. You will see that estimating value functions can be cast as a supervised learning problem, function approximation allowing you to build agents that carefully balance generalization and discrimination in order to maximize reward.
#14 Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution
This is one of the courses with certificates in Canada provided by the University of Alberta. Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution is a four-lesson course that features a comprehensive overview of the origin of vertebrates.
Paleontology is that course that examines the evolution of major vertebrate novelties including the origin of fins, jaws, and tetrapod limbs.
In this course, you will explore the diversity of Palaeozoic lineages within a phylogenetic and evolutionary framework.
#15 Dinosaur Paleobiology
Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. It is an online course with certificates in Canada offered by the University of Alberta.
Coursework in this course covers the topic of anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioural adaptations, origins, and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs, and dig sites.
List of Universities That Offer Free Online Courses In Canada
The following Universities features online degrees for distant learners. They keep their students motivated by providing them with assignments via the Learning Management System method.
If you searching for schools that offer free online courses with certificates In Canada, these schools should be your starting point.
It’s possible to get a full education online. As a student, enrolling in any of these free online courses with certificates is advisable. These online courses don’t only serve as a career booster, they also offer a wonderful alternative to students with obligations.
If you’re taking online education, I recommend you can choose from the 15 free online courses with certificates in Canada that will provide you the opportunity to learn in a way that benefits you.
Frequently Asked Question On Free Online Courses With Certificates In Canada
How Can I study online without distraction?
The following tips will help you to study remotely without distractions.
> Set aside time for online learning just as you would for attending on-campus classes.
> Identify the time of day you will devote to studying.
> Give yourself quality time to sit down and read through your materials, so you understand everything clearly.
> Turn off your phone notifications.
Can I get a Job with Online Certification?
Yes! Online programs are accredited and recognized therefore their certifications are valued.
Can anyone enroll in Free Online program?
The free online program is open to anyone. All you need is a computer that has an internet connection.
Are free Online education worth it?
Free online education is just like getting a scholarship to studying on-campus.
- 10 Advantages to Taking Online Classes: oedb.org
- Top schools and degree programs: bestcollegesonline.org
- How to Enroll in an Online College: Study.com
- How to Apply for a Distance Learning Programme: distancelearning portal.com
- The Pros and Cons of Studying Online: academia21.com
- Study in Canada: Studyportals.com
We Also Recommend
- Best Business Schools
- Masters Of Business Administration MBA | 11 Facts You Need To Know
- Affordable Online Secondary Education Degree
- 30 Free Online Courses with Certificates in India
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.