French candidates can make the most of this fully-funded scholarship opportunity. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidates receives applications yearly and awards $ 6,000 to $ 45,000 depending on the partner foundations and the cumulations to which you are eligible.
Hence, this article is written to make ready all the information you need to become a beneficiary. Basically, this article addresses who is eligible to apply, how to apply and what you stand to gain in detail.
Quickly, take a glance at the table of content below to get a glimpse of the information you’re about to garner.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidates
Founded in 1948 and funded by the French Government and the US Government, the Franco-American Fulbright commission allows its laureates to carry out their projects in the United States or France and to be fully involved in the dialogue between the two people.
Fulbright is a Foreign Student Program that enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States at U.S. universities or other academic institutions. it was designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.
The participants are chosen based on their academic merit and leadership potential – with the opportunity to study, teach and conduct research, exchange ideas and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns. The Fulbright Program is an important element of the United States’ bilateral relationships with countries around the world. U.S. and foreign governments jointly set priorities for the exchanges.
- Scholarship award from $ 6,000 to $ 45,000 depending on the partner foundations and the cumulations to which you are eligible.
- A fixed travel allowance (1200 €)
- Free visa fees and the facilitation of procedures for obtaining it
- Orientation session in Paris organized by the Franco-American Fulbright Commission (end of June – the beginning of July)
- Health insurance offered by the US State Department (we recommend that applicants provide the cost of complementary health insurance)
- Support programs, seminars, outings, volunteer opportunities, etc. offered on the spot in the United States by our partner agency IIE
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidate Eligibility:
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for a scholarship from our Student Fulbright Program, the candidate must meet the following conditions:
- To be of French nationality. Applicants are eligible for the Fulbright program through the Bilateral Commission of their home country (find Fulbright programs in your home country on the US State Department website ).
- Have validated at least three years of higher education at the date of submission of the application.
- Have a very good knowledge of English. (As an indication, 92 minimum required for the TOEFL iBT)
- Be admitted to a US university for a Masters or Ph.D. degree program that spans at least 9 months. (In general, bursary and admission applications are done in parallel: applicants must indicate in the file the universities to which they are applying and send us letters of admission as and when they are awarded.) Fellowships are awarded subject to definitive admission to the institutions included in the application file.
Students who hold dual French and American citizenship are ineligible for Fulbright scholarships (see ” Immigration Regulations Applicable to Fulbright Prize Winners” ). They may, however, be candidates for grants from the French-American Commission’s partner foundations.
Students already following a course of study at an American university are not eligible for scholarships from the Franco-American Commission. Similarly, candidates already in the United States cannot apply.
Fulbright and Partner Scholarships are non-renewable and can only be applied in the first year of a program of study, even if your program spans several years.
English Language Requirements: If all the universities you apply for do not provide or require TOEFL results, you do not need to submit one to the Commission. In place of the test results in your file, insert in a single pdf document attesting to this exemption.
If you have already taken the TOEFL, IELTS, GRE or GMAT, please indicate the date of the examination and your results. You will need to upload your score reports in the section “TRANSCRIPTS AND ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS”.
If you have already taken the test but have not yet received your results, please indicate the date you took the exam and then forward us your results as soon as they are available.
If you will be taking one of these tests in the near future, please put the date you plan to do so and then forward us your results as soon as they are available.
Level / Field of Study:
Scholarships are available to pursue Master’s and PhD programs. These scholarships are awarded in all fields of study.
The scholarship is being taken in the USA at American Universities.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Scholarships are available for French students.
Do you wish to study outside your home country? Here are simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
How to Apply For The Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidate
To apply for this student’s program, you will have to access the application form through the online portal. Simply click on the button below to apply. However, note that applications for the 2022-2023 academic year has ended.
Application portals will re-open soon. So, do frequently visit this space for the latest updates.
When is the Application Deadline The Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidate?
Applications for the next academic session usually ends on every first of December. By implication, applications for the 2022-2023 academic session will end on 31 December 2021.
So, if you wish to attend the 2022-2023 academic session with this Fulbright program, applications will end on 31 December 2021.
Hence, it is important you continuously check-in always to know when the application portal will re-open.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- List of Ethiopian Scholarships To Study Abroad
- Study in University of Virginia: Admission, Courses, Tuition Fee, & Ranking
- Fulbright Scholarships for Sierra Leone Students
- Top 21 Masters Scholarships for Political science Students
- LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS IN AUSTRIA FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS [FULLY FUNDED] -APPLY
- TOP 21 UNIVERSITIES WITH THE POWERFUL ALUMNI NETWORK
- Fulbright Language (Arabic) Teaching Assistant Fellowships in USA
- 100+OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD
- Top 10 Easiest Steps to Apply And Win A Fulbright Scholarship
- Apply for Fulbright scholarship for international students | USA