Getting a student visa is one of the basic things you need to study in any country as an international student. Just like there is Canada Visa, USA Visa, there is also Pakistan Student Visa which you must get if you want to go to Pakistan for any study. Although, many students may not be interested in going to Pakistan to pursue academic studies because the region is security unsettled and always making the headlines.
The request of the students is received by the MOI and Ministry of Education. The student visa is granted after obtaining NOC from the Ministry of Education /Economics Affairs Division/Ministry of Health (as the case may be) and foreign Mission in Pakistan of the respective country and security clearance.
Prospective students who wish to pursue higher education in Pakistan can apply for a 2-year Student Visa.
This post provides you with detail information on Easy Procedures to Get Pakistan Student Visa Fast in 2021. You can scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
As a result of its geographical location and demographics, Pakistan hosts terrorists and indigenous militant sectarian groups; is the scene of violent protests, and is facing an energy crisis.
Obviously, politics, religion, and history all come into play; yet, these factors also ignite the imaginations of many students and scholars, making the state alluring to study in.
But before packing off for Pakistan, visit the link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/404.html to determine if there is a Travel Warning in place. Advisories are issued against travel in regions where there are protracted, unstable conditions.
Nonetheless, Pakistan (Officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan) has a great deal to offer international students, with a rich diversity in its culture, landscapes, and people, as well as well-respected universities.
Applying To Universities In Pakistan
There are currently two broad categories under which international students can apply to study in Pakistan:
The self-finance scheme – for entry on to Medicine (MBBS), dentistry (BDS), Pharmacy (Pharm-D) and BSc engineering courses.
The general scheme – for all other subjects.
For the self-finance scheme, you must submit your application form to the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC). Self-finance scheme students will also need to take an HIV test before they can commence studies.
For the general scheme, apply directly to the university where you wish to study, supplying required documents such as an academic transcript and proof of proficiency in English with a valid IELTS or TOEFL test result (unless you’re a native speaker). You may need to pay a small application fee.
Pakistan Student Visa
You will need a visa to study in Pakistan, which you should apply for after you’ve gained admission at a Pakistani university. This can take up to three months to process, so apply in plenty of time.
The documents you need are:
- A completed visa application form
- Original passport (valid for at least six months) along with a photocopy
- Two recent passport-sized photographs (with white background)
- University acceptance letter
- Original degrees and transcripts along with photocopies
- Proof of residence
- Bank statement of the last three months
As your stay in Pakistan will exceed 30 days, you’ll need to register at your nearest Foreigners Registration Office on arrival.
Step by Step Guide for Getting Pakistan Student Visa.
Step 1: Prepare
- In order to get a Pakistani visa, first, send a request to the Ministry of Interior (MOI) and the Ministry of Education. This is to enable you to get a Non-Objection Certificate (NOC).
- Get a copy of your registration at university/ letter of acceptance of an offer.
- Fill in the Pakistan visa application form.
- Get yourself 2 passport photos, preferably with a white background.
- Make 2 copies of the first page of your passport (including any previous Pakistani visas)
- Print a bank statement of the last month.
Step 2: Action
- Obtain NOC from the Ministry of Education /Economics Affairs Division/Ministry of Health (as the case may be) and foreign Mission in Pakistan of the respective country and security clearance. NOC is granted of the security cleared students for an entry visa to the Mission abroad for three months with a single entry.
- Find the nearest Pakistan Embassy or Consulate
- Take along all your application and required documents.
- Wait for it. (mostly a couple of days or months)
- Pick it up and you’re ready to go.
NOTE: Foreign Students studying in Pakistan on a proper student visa are granted visa/visa extension for one year with on re-entry. The same procedure is applied to foreign teachers of the International Islamic University, Islamabad.
How To Acquire a Non-Objection Certificate (NOC)
Foreign students who have obtained the admission letter from the Pakistani college/university and other necessary documents for admission are required to proceed to the nearest Pakistan Embassy or Consulate for NOC along with the following four documents:
- Admission letter.
- Residing Permission from the Pakistani government.
- Study Visa application.
- The photocopy of the Passport.
Note: Students admitted by Pakistan Islamic University should also bring the non-objection letter from the relevant provincial-level authority of religious affairs.
Pakistan Visa Exemption
In general, whether for study or for business or for a tour, a Pakistan visa is required by all except the following:
- Holders of a Pakistan Origin Card (POC) regardless of nationality for unlimited stay;
- Nationals of Tonga, Trinidad, and Tobago for an unlimited period;
- Nationals of Iceland, Maldives, Brazil, Germany, Hellenic Republic, Mexico, Philippines, Tajikistan, Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Iran, Luxemburg, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Turkey, Tunisia, South Korea, Russian Federation and Zambia for visits of up to a maximum of 3 months;
- Nationals of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Romania, Yugoslavia, Nepal and Samoa, and holders of Chinese passports issued in Hong Kong, for visits of up to 30 days;
- Transit passengers continuing their journey within 24 hours by the same or first connecting aircraft, provided they are holding onward or return documentation and not leaving the airport;
- Holders of UN Laissez-passer.
- Visitors/Students whose stay in Pakistan exceeds 30 days must report to the nearest Foreigners Registration Office for registration.
- Travelers are currently advised against travel to Pakistan until further notice unless there are compelling reasons to do so. Travel to the Northwest Frontier Province, Baluchistan, and the Northern Areas are particularly ill-advised.
Restricted entry and transit The Government of Pakistan refuse entry to nationals of Israel, even for transit. Nationals of Afghanistan are refused entry if their passports or tickets show evidence of transit or boarding in India.
What Documents Will Be Required?
Passport is valid for 6 months beyond the intended length of stay required by all.
Application to: Consulate (or Consular section at Embassy or High Commission); see Contact Addresses section.
The Time Required To Issue A Visa
Depends on nationality (in the UK, visas are normally granted within 24-48 hours). It is advised to inquire at the nearest Consulate or Embassy. However, Pilgrim Visas require 2 months of processing time, and Student Visa is estimated at a period of three months.
- Canadian Student Visa: Step by Step Procedures
- Australia Student Visa: Step by Step Procedures
- Ridge Technical College: Admission, Tuition Fees, Scholarships Costs of Living
- Study in Canada without IELTS, GMAT and Other like Exams
- FRANCE STUDENT VISA: Easy Step by Step Application Procedures
- Amazing Facts about ECTS Credits Calculator: European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System
- List of Fully Funded International Scholarships for African Students (Anywhere In The World
- 13 Important Frequently Asked Questions By International Students: Study Abroad In France
- What are the Fully-funded Scholarships to Study in Germany?? (study for free)
- FRANCE STUDENT VISA: Easy Step by Step Application Procedures
- Full List of Private Universities in Ghana and Their Tuition Fees