The University of St Andrews is offering a Sappi scholarship for South African Students. The scholarship is available for undertaking a four-year undergraduate degree course, excluding Medicine. So, do well by applying for the Sappi Bursary for South African students in the UK.
The University of St Andrews (informally known as St Andrews University or simply St Andrews; abbreviated as St And, from the Latin Sancti Andreae, in post-nominals) is a British public research university in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland.
About the Company – SAPPI
Sappi Limited (previously known as South African Pulp and Paper Industries Limited), founded in 1936, is a globally diversified pulp, paper, and wood fiber company, which produces and sells the following: paper products; dissolving wood pulp; timber products; forest products and chemical cellulose.
The company is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, and has global operations in over 20 countries, including the following countries: South African; Kenya; Australia; United Kingdom; United States of America; Germany; Austria; France; Spain; Netherlands; Italy; Switzerland; Belgium; Finland; Hungary; Poland; Russia; Turkey; Ukraine; Argentina; Colombia; Brazil; Mexico; Singapore; Hong Kong and China.
Sappi currently employs over 12 000 staff members across its global branches.
What You Need to Know About Sappi Scholarship/Bursary in South Africa
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and psychometric assessments. If you do not receive any feedback within 14 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as some of these bursaries do not have an appointed time of closing date, but for candidates applying Sappi Scholarship are urged to send their applications ahead of time, so it reaches them before the closing date.
Sappi Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 years
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intending on full time studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intending on studying at an accredited university in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum of 70% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy) in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of 70% for Physical Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of 60% for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for the current year of study (if a current tertiary student)
- *Preference will be given to students who reside in areas close to Sappi’s main business operations
Level/Field of Study
The Sappi bursary is aimed at talented, innovative students.
The bursary program is intended for current Undergraduate students or Matric students who intend on studying or are currently studying within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Electrical Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Mechanical Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Mechatronics Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Industrial Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Civil Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Forestry and Wood Science (B.Sc)
- Pulp and Paper (National Diploma)
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country’s universities.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The bursary will provide coverage of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, and a living allowance. The bursary value will be dependent on the student’s household income.
How to Appy for the Bursary
Applications must be done online at https://goo.gl/9yFUuu
You will be required to register an account before you can log in and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Any other relevant academic qualification certificates (certified copies)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of tertiary registration/ provisional registration
- Proof of household income
Sappi Scholarships 2022 Deadline
The official deadline for this scholarship is on 30 September (Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Contact the Bursary Provider
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Sappi directly:
Contact Person: Lebo Shabangu (Human Resources)
Tel: 011 407 8111