The Stars Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to academically talented and highly motivated students who intend to pursue full-time undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degrees, at any accredited college or university of their choice.
Stars Scholarship Fund recipients represent every level of higher education and all fields of study, as students of either gender, any ethnicity, religion, and background are eligible to receive the award.
Each application is reviewed for eligibility and scored based on quantitative data obtained from the applicant’s application records. Kindly, read through the contents of this article.
About The Scholarship
The scholarship application process ensures that candidates are selected fairly and objectively, with each candidate demonstrating academic excellence and financial need. The Stars Scholarship Fund awards its recipients based on three (3) factors:
- Grade Point Average (GPA) – obtained from the official transcript
- Earned Hours – obtained from an official transcript
- Financial Need – obtained from the Student Aid Report
The Financial need is determined using the student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as calculated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a measure of the family’s ability to pay for the child’s college education as determined by the Federal Government.
The lower the EFC score, the greater the family’s need. As a result, families with low EFC scores generally qualify for Pell Grant aid to assist in paying their tuition. The amount of aid received varies from student to student.
Students who do not qualify for Pell Grants or do not receive enough to cover their Cost of Attendance must borrow funds to cover aid or pay expenses out of pocket.
For families that do not have the income to cover those additional expenses, parents and students are left to borrow the difference to fill the gap.
The goal of the Stars Scholarship Fund is to fill the gap for students who demonstrate high academic achievement in order to reduce student debt.
Level/Field of Study:
- Community College:
Students who will be attending a Community College for the new academic year and will be enrolled PART-TIME (6+ hours) during each semester or Students who will be attending a Community College for the new academic year and will be enrolled FULL-TIME (12+ hours) during each semester.
Part-time or full-time will be determined at the time of verification of enrolment for recipients (full award for the full-time, half award for part-time).
- Undergraduate Full-Time:
Students who will be attending a university for the new academic year in an undergraduate (Bachelor’s) program and will be enrolled FULL-TIME (12+ hours) during each semester.*
- Graduate Full-Time:
Students who will be attending a university for the new academic year in a graduate (Master’s, Law or Doctoral) program and will be enrolled FULL-TIME (9+ hours) during each semester.*
The Scholarship is hosted in the USA.
The Scholarship is designed for USA Students who wish to pursue their full-time undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree, at any accredited college or university of their choice.
Star Scholarship Worth:
The value is estimated at $105,000 for North Carolina residents and $155,000 for out-of-state students.
Star Scholarship Requirements:
Interested applicants must have met the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship;
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Be a permanent resident (5 or more consecutive years) and have a permanent South or West Texas address in one of our 30 counties. Eligible countries include;
Texas; Aransas Hudspeth, Nueces. Bee, Jeff Davis, Pecos, Brewster, Jim Hogg, Presidio, Brooks, Jim Well, Refugio, Cameron, Karnes, San Patricio, Culberson, Kenedy, Starr, Duval Kleberg Terrell, El Paso La Salle, Webb, Goliad, Live Oak, Willacy, Hidalgo, McMullen, and Zapata
- Have earned/completed at least 12 undergraduate credit hours at the U.S. accredited college or university before applying for the scholarship.
- Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completed a high school diploma or it’s equivalent prior to the Fall of the new academic year.
- Are enrolled in the U.S. accredited 2 yr. community college (enrolled part-time or full-time) in a degree-seeking program, or a 4yr. university undergraduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Bachelor’s Degree, or a university graduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Master’s, Law or Doctorate degree
Reviews and Accolades made by presidents and stakeholders
Here are some reviews and accolades made by presidents and stakeholders in different community colleges in South/West Texas.
“The Stars Scholarship Fund is an outstanding financial resource to students in south Texas. Laredo Community College is proud to partner with this organization to help students achieve their professional dreams and create a more prosperous Texas.”
-Dr. Juan L. Maldonado
President, Laredo Community College
“STC’s partnership with the Stars Scholarship Fund has made it possible for almost 500 students, who are first in their family to go to college, to attend STC. This collaboration with Stars remains focused on our institutional vision of improving the quality of life for our communities.
STC is transforming the region by serving as the pathway to prosperity and helping create high-skill, high-wage jobs. The opportunity to attend college positively impacts the lives of these students, the lives of their families, and future generations of South Texans.”
-Dr. Shirley A. Reed
President, South Texas College
“The majority of our students at Texas A&M International University are first-generation college-bound and cannot afford the dream of a college degree without financial aid and scholarships.
Star’s philanthropy and the generosity of its donors provide major support for the students of TAMIU and south Texas. Without their assistance and that of others, our students would have a hard time fulfilling their dream.”
Link for More Information:
To make inquiries about this scholarship, visit http://levinescholars.uncc.edu/future-students/levine-scholar-applicant-profile. You can get information on how to acquire a visa for a study abroad program.
We Also Recommend
- Wise Scholarship for Indian Students in Germany
- IIT Ropar Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship for Indian Students
- Scotland Welcomes India Scholarship at the University of Dundee
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships for Indian Students
- 17 Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in USA [Updated]
- INAE Research Fellowship in India
- Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarships for Indian Students
- ITEC/SCAAP Scholarships for Citizens of ITEC Countries in India
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.