Are you interested in studying, researching, or teaching in India or the region? Have you thought about doing an internship or learning a foreign language abroad? Here you can find all the information about the Wise scholarship for Indian Students to study in Germany.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is pleased to award the Wise Scholarship to its Indian students to study in Germany. The scholarship is available in the fields of science and technology.
Table of contents
- DAAD Scholarship for Indian Students
- About Working Internships in Science and Engineering (WISE)
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth
- The duration of the scholarship
- How to Apply
- Application Deadline
- Editors Recommendation
DAAD Scholarship for Indian Students
DAAD supports more than 100,000 German and International students and researchers worldwide each year, making it the most significant funding agency of its kind in the world. We also encourage internationalization efforts in German universities, help developing countriesbuild their own higher education systems, and support study programs in German and German abroad.
Our Artists in Berlin program is one of the most recognized International scholarship programs for artists.
The DAAD regularly awards prizes for outstanding achievements in the fields of International academic exchange, German language, and literature, German as a foreign language, and German studies.
Also recognized are the excellent support initiatives for foreign students in German higher education institutions and the excellent achievements of foreign students during their stays in German higher education institutions.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is the largest German support organization in international university cooperation.
About Working Internships in Science and Engineering (WISE)
The primary responsibilities of the DAAD include granting scholarships, promoting the internationalization activities of German universities and research organizations, strengthening the German language and studying languages abroad, and assisting developing countries in creating productive educational higher institutions.
DAAD is also the National Agency for EU Cooperation in Higher Education.
The scholarship aims to support Indian students who wish to do a research internship at a German university or research institute funded by the state.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is available to Indian students. The scholarship is awarded in the field of Science and Technology.
Scholarships may be accepted in Germany.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from the Wise Scholarship for Indian Students in Germany, other scholarships are available to international students to study abroad.
Indian candidates can apply for the scholarship. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The scholarship includes the following:
- A monthly scholarship of 750 euros for university students (the monthly payment will be calculated daily, that is, 25 euros per day).
- A flat-rate travel subsidy of €1,050.
- The DAAD covers payments for sickness, accident, and civil liability insurance.
The duration of the scholarship
A research stay of 2 to 3 months between May and August. This program can not support internships of less than 60 days and more than 90 days.
Students wishing to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must belong to one of the selected Indian universities (list of institutions).
- The list of selected entities is influenced by, but not limited to, AICTE accreditation, NAAC accreditation, MHRD assessment, INI (National Significance Institute) status before 2010, and student availability of 4 and 5 years of masters.
- Candidates must be enrolled in programs divided into general areas such as engineering, mathematics, and science.
- Candidates must be enrolled in the fifth or sixth semester of a four-year undergraduate degree or in the fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth trimester of an integrated five-year university degree (Bachelor / Master) of five years. Applicants must not be former WISE Fellows.
- Prerequisites for the English language: Very good English skills expected
- The applicant must have a general percentage of 85% or more or an MBM of 8.5 / 10 and more of all semesters completed at the time of application.
- All transcripts of completed semesters must be sent.
- The candidate must be a registered student at your institution. It is necessary to obtain a “certificate of no objection” and a “certificate of registration” during the internship at the institute of origin.
- These forms are available in the “Application procedure” category of the program announcement.
- The candidate must have a letter of invitation from a German professor that appears on the letterhead of the German university or the research institute.
- A duly completed “approval form” (see “Application procedure”) of the German host is also required.
- Both documents must indicate the exact dates of the start and end of the internship.
- The candidate must submit a CV and a brief research proposal with the abovementioned documents.
- Linguistic competences
- No German skills are required.
- A very good command of the English language is expected.
How to Apply
The application process for DAAD scholarships for Indian students is carried out online through the DAAD portal. You must also send a copy of the “Summary of the application” (PDF file), generated in the DAAD portal after the online application process, and a reference by an Indian university professor by mail to the DAAD office in New Delhi.
Access to the DAAD Portal opens approximately 6 weeks before the application deadline. Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
1. Documents to download in the DAAD portal.
Online application form
- Complete curriculum vitae
- DAAD form “Certificate of registration” completed by the institution of origin as proof of the current registration.
- The “Certificate of no objection” form of DAAD was completed and stamped by the institution of origin.
- Invitation letter from the German supervisor.
- DAAD form, “German host approval form,” completed by the German supervisor.
- Certificates of university degree indicating the final grade (s).
2. To be sent by mail.
- The “Summary of the application,” generated in the portal in PDF format, can be printed once the online application process is completed. Please send a copy to the DAAD office in New Delhi.
- A recent reference from an Indian university professor who provides information about the candidate’s qualifications (see the form on the DAAD application portal)
Please note that the names and surnames in the application form must be identical to those on the passport.
Note that access to the application portal only appears when the current application period runs. Once the application deadline has expired, the portal for this program will no longer be available until the next application period.
November 1st every year.
Place of application
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Regional office in New Delhi
c / o DLTA Complex, R.K. Khanna Stadium, 1 Africa Avenue,
New Delhi 110029
The application process is carried out online through the DAAD portal. You must also send a copy of the “Summary of the application” (PDF file), generated in the DAAD portal after the online application process, and a reference by an Indian university professor by mail to the DAAD office in New Delhi.
Access to the DAAD Portal opens approximately 6 weeks before the application deadline. However, the deadline for the scholarship is scheduled for November 1st of every academic year.
The scholarship includes the following:
A monthly scholarship of 750 euros for university students (the monthly payment will be calculated daily, that is, 25 euros per day).
A flat rate travel subsidy of €1,050.
The DAAD covers payments for sickness, accident, and civil liability insurance.
- STEM International Scholarship for Women at Southern Cross University, Australia
- The University of Greenwich International Scholarships in the UK
- IWC Masters International Scholarships in Australia
- International Scholarship in Engineering at City University London
- 15 International Scholarships in Taiwan
- Alumni Association International Scholarship in the USA
- Science International Scholarships at the University of Queensland in Australia
- GHC International Scholarships in the USA (Fully Funded)
- International Scholarships at the University of Southern Indiana in the USA
- 15 International Scholarships in the UK for Algerians
- Adelaide Undergraduate International Scholarships (AIUS) in Australia
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.