Wageningen University is offering a free online course on Advanced Biorefinery. This course requires the least BSc level knowledge on courses and topics such as chemistry, mathematics, and Engineering.
In this course, applicants will learn how to design an effective bio-refinery (free online course on Advanced Biorefinery) to obtain valuable components from various bio-based feedstocks (plants, organisms, and waste streams). The course will start on May 30, 2022.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 15-20 hours PW
Institution: Wageningen University & Research and edX
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $199
Session: Course Starts on May 30, 2022
Wageningen University and Research center are dedicated to exploring the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Learn more about WUR. Wageningen courses train (future) professionals in sustainable food systems and help consumers making informed choices about what they eat, how it is produced, and the impact of their choices on the environment and society.
About This Course
In a biorefinery (free online course on Advanced Biorefinery), a complex bio-based feedstock is separated and processed in such a way that sustainability and application opportunities are maximized. In this course, we will focus on tools and techniques to efficiently disentangle, separate, and convert different biomass-based feedstocks into simpler (functional) components.
First, we will discuss the techniques and processes available for the activation/elimination and separation of biomass for the study of this free online course on Advanced Biorefinery.
Next, we explore how to design a biorefinery (free online course on Advanced Biorefinery) taking into account feedstock and sustainable energy use. Therefore we will dive into:
- Mass and energy balances;
- Design of biorefinery process(free online course on Advanced Biorefinery) units to obtain multiple products from one type of biomass;
- How to recover energy and resources in the bio-refinery system;
- Evaluation of the designed system with respect to sustainability and economic criteria;
- Evaluation of criteria for successful implementation (operational and investment costs).
- To choose proper (chemical) pretreatment and conversions to arrive at the required products.
- Conceptually design a biorefinery process(free online course on Advanced Biorefinery).
- Critically evaluate a process design regarding energy and feedstock efficiency.
- Compare that design with fossil-based processes.
- Know how to activate/disentangle and separate biobased feedstocks
Ton van Boxtel
Ton van Boxtel is an associate professor in Biobased Chemistry and Technology at Wageningen University & Research. He is top-notch in a free online course on Advanced Biorefinery.
Corjan van den Berg
Corjan van den Berg is assistant professor at Wageningen University & Research.
Costas Nikiforidis is an assistant professor at Wageningen University & Research.
- BSc in technology, engineering (and applied) sciences. You should have at least BSc level knowledge on courses and topics such as chemistry, mathematics, and process engineering.
- Successful completion of BB01x and BB02x is advised, but not obligatory.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once the applicant signs up for a course and activates their account, click on the login button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
- 20 Best Online Schools for Accounting | UPDATED
- Top 10 Universities To Study Accounting in Asia
- Top 50 Scholarships for Studying Finance and Accounting in USA
- Study In UK: Top 10 Universities to Study Accounting and Finance in UK
- Washington CPA Foundation Scholarship
- Study In South Africa: Best university in South Africa to study technology and engineering
- Motorola Solutions Foundation Grants Program
- Tips On How to Apply for Admission and Visa to Study in Canada
- United Kingdom: A Perfect Destination For World-Class Education
- 21 Cheapest Universities in Florida for International Students
- Top 9 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studying in the Philippines
- Study in Mexico: Tuition, Cost of Living And List of Top Universities
- Study In Switzerland: All you need to know about University of Zurich
- 12 Steps On How to Apply for Scholarship in Any Country
- 25 Master’s Scholarship in Human Rights in South Africa
- 15 Best Colleges for Computer Science in India.
- 15 Scholarships for Tanzanians in India
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. If no, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum