Going to college shapes your future more specifically. It affords you a wealth of experience not found outside the classroom. Now, studying abroad especially gives you an even wider horizon and builds a deep culture of experience across borders.
Thus, studying in schools like Wichita Area Technical College requires you to know all there is about such schools, their tuition fees, cost of living, available scholarships, campus life, graduate and undergraduate programs, etc to be best prepared for the said wealth of experience.
Knowing all these will also enable you to be better prepared for the study experience. Fortunately, this post will afford you the information you’ll require to excel at Wichita Area Technical College.
It is also important to mention that you can attend the Wichita Area Technical College and get a certificate from WSU Tech at almost no cost with the Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships. Isn’t that amazing?
In this post, the World Scholarship Forum brings you updated information on all you need to know about Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships and Tuition Fees 2022 | WSU Tech.
Kindly follow the table of contents to get an overview of this article.
Table of contents
- What is the History of Wichita Area Technical College?
- How much does WSU Tech cost per semester?
- How do I get into Wichita Area Technical College (WSU TECH)?
- What is Wichita Area Technical College’s Graduation Success?
- Does WSU Tech Have a Student Payment Plan?
- Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships and Tuition Fees 2022
- Wichita Area Technical College History
- Wichita Area Technical College Tuition and other Fees
- Wichita Area Technical College Cost of Living
- Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships 2022
- 1. The Wichita Promise
- 2. Sixt Scholars
- Scholarship Details;
- Scholarship Requirements;
- 3. CleverFiles Data Recovery and Protection Scholarship
- 4. Soroptimist
- 5. Gene Haas Foundation Scholarship
- 6. KCA Construction Education Foundation Scholarship
- 7. Women’s Independence Scholarship Program (WISP)
- 8. Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- 10. Nontraditional Occupations Scholarship Application
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
What is the History of Wichita Area Technical College?
Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech), previously known as Wichita Area Technical College is a public community college in Wichita, Kansas. It was known as the Wichita Area Technical College before its affiliation with Wichita State University.
Founded in 1965, WSU Tech now offers more than 100 degree and certificate programs in the areas of Aviation, Healthcare, Manufacturing, General Education/Business, and Design.
More so, WSU Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR), and governed by the Sedgwick County Technical Education and Training Authority Board (SCTETA).
The school also operates four different campuses throughout the metropolitan area of Wichita. Its main campus is the National Center for Aviation Training (NCAT).
WSU Tech is a different kind of college, changing lives by training people for high-wage, high-demand jobs. The school works hand-in-hand with employers to determine their job needs in the contemporary and futuristically so that students graduate with the right skills.
WSU Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and governed by the Kansas Board of Regents. Many credits earned at WSU Tech are easily transferred to other colleges.
How much does WSU Tech cost per semester?
Tuition costs vary by program. The 2022 tuition for general education courses is $75 per credit hour and fees are $41per credit hour.
Tuition for Kansas nonresidents and out-of-state students is an additional 20% of the in-state tuition rate and tuition for international students is an additional 30% of the in-state tuition rate.
Note that WSU Tech reserves the right to adjust tuition and fees without notice, subject to approval by the WSU Tech Industry Advisory Board.
How do I get into Wichita Area Technical College (WSU TECH)?
As stated clearly by WSU TECH, the Steps to Enroll in Wichita Area Technical College are simply;
You can send a free application for admission. However, a physical visit to the school’s campuses is a better way to know if WSU Tech is right for you. You can schedule a campus tour by clicking here.
Some students may have to test to determine which courses they’re prepared to take. You can consult with your assigned Academic Advisor to see if you are exempt from testing.
3. Financial Aid
You may need financial aid to go through school, you can apply for it. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting FAFSA.ed.gov. Explore more scholarship options and ways to pay for college here.
Complete the checklist that is specific to the program you wish to study. Checklists can be found on the individual program pages. Visit our Programs of Study page to see all the degree and certificate options.
You can schedule your advising appointment immediately by visiting wsutech.edu/contact or by visiting an academic advisor at any of the school’s enrollment centres.
What is Wichita Area Technical College’s Graduation Success?
The graduation success of Wichita Area Technical College is;
- First Year Student Retention: 66%
- Average Salary After Graduation: $32,000
Does WSU Tech Have a Student Payment Plan?
WSU Tech offers a payment plan as an option. The WSU Tech payment plan allows students to pay for tuition in monthly installments when enrolled in programs for fall, spring and summer.
No interest or finance charges are assessed, but a down payment is due at the time of application for the payment plan, plus a non-refundable enrollment fee of $30 per semester. WSU Tech accepts cash, check, money order, MasterCard and Visa. The remaining balance will be divided into monthly payments, due on the fifth day of each month.
Note: Certificates and degrees will not be awarded until payment is made in full.
What Students Need to Know About the WSU Tech Payment Plan:
- Students are responsible for the full amount of tuition, fees, materials and other charges on their account that are deferred unless they officially drop and/or withdraw within the refund period (see catalog, student handbook or the Web site).
- Failure to attend classes or lack of attendance does not constitute an official drop. Students are still responsible for the full amount of tuition and fees.
- Any financial aid (Pell grant, scholarships, student and/or parent loans, etc.) that is subsequently awarded will be applied toward any remaining deferred amount before Learners receive any financial aid proceeds.
- Undergraduates notify the business office of any added courses or pay for additional courses by the due date on the tuition statement.
- • A nonrefundable $30 per semester enrollment fee and a required down payment (25 or 50 percent, depending on when enrolled) is due at the time of application for the payment plan.
- For any changes, Learners must contact WSU Tech’s business office.
- Undergraduates may not be able to register for classes if there are any outstanding balances on their accounts. Accounts may be turned over to collections if not paid.
- For additional information concerning the Payment Plan, kindly contact the Business Office at 316.677.9400
Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships and Tuition Fees 2022
Wichita State University Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) which was governed by the Sedgwick County Technical Education and Training Authority Board (SCTETA).
Its Workforce Education Division proffers training for business and industry in south-central Kansas. Modified business training includes commercial and technical training as well as long-term education coursework, in addition to career services.
It is a diverse kind of college, changing lives by training people for high-wage, high-demand jobs, WSU Tech works hand-in-hand with employers to determine their job needs now and into the future, thereby graduating our students with the right skills.
Wichita Area Technical College History
In 2013, WATC was the only state college in the Wichita area with fall enrollment growth, reaching about 2,935 students.
By 2018, the affiliation between WATC and WSU was approved by the Higher Learning Commission.
Commendably, WATC became Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology, also known as WSU Tech. Official changes commenced from 1st July 2018.
The table immediately below, summaries the history of WSU Tech.
|1995||Senate bill 257 was passed and signed by the governor authorizing the transition of Wichita Area Vocational-Technical School to Wichita Area Technical College (WATC) and gave the college the authority to grant college credit and award the associate of applied science degree.|
|1999||State supervisory jurisdiction over WATC was changed from the Kansas State Board of Education to the Kansas Board of Regents with the passage of Senate bill 345.|
|2001||WATC received full accreditation from the Council on Occupational Education.|
|2002||The Kansas Board of Regents established a policy enabling all degree-granting institutions in Kansas to achieve accreditation from HLC-NCA. WATC began the research and planning necessary to accomplish this new requirement.|
|2010||The National Center for Aviation Training opens at 4004 North Webb Road, Wichita, KS, near Jabara Airport.|
|2013||WATC was the only state college in the Wichita area with fall enrollment growth, reaching 2,935 students.|
|2015||Agreement between WATC and WSU creates a joint Associate of Arts degree – called Shocker Pathway – to assist students who want to begin their coursework at WATC and finish their AA degree, or beyond, at WSU.|
|2018||Affiliation between WATC and WSU was approved by the Higher Learning Commission. WATC will become Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology, known informally as WSU Tech for short. Official changes began July 1st, 2018.|
Wichita Area Technical College Tuition and other Fees
The fees vary for in-state and out of state residents below is the list of the Wichita Area Technical College Tuition Fees
In-State Kansas Resident Sticker Price – $22,649
|Books and Supplies||$2,312|
|Estimated Off-Campus Cost of Living||$10,604|
|Other Expenses Budget||$2,410|
Out of State Resident Sticker Price – $24,061
|Books and Supplies||$2,312|
|Estimated Off-Campus Cost of Living||$10,604|
|Other Expenses Budget||$2,410|
All the tuition data is sourced from the year 2022 United States Department of Education National Center for Education Statistics survey.
The Kansas Board of Regents governs six (6) universities, coordinates and supervises Kansas’ nineteen (19) community colleges, five (5) technical colleges, and five (5) technical schools.
Within the Kansas Board of Regents’ purview is the organization of policies associated with all institutions and the approval of all programs and course offerings.
Courses may be presented for approval on a required basis, and program approvals may be submitted on monthly basis. Institutions that wish to deliver permitted programs or courses within the service area governed by the Kansas Wichita Area Technical College.
The formal assessment began in the year 1999 as a way to measure the efficacy of technical education. Instructors developed course competencies to provide a structure for evaluating the skills, knowledge, and abilities graduates need to be successful in their programs and the workforce.
The evaluation plan was built upon this proficiency system. Department instructors, along with program advisory committees made few changes to the skills that align them with current job-market needs.
This process persists today, and in the year 2005, instructors, students, and employer surveys were then added as a way to evaluate program outcomes.
Following the year 2006 HLC-NCA visit, WATC goes aboard on a revised process of evaluation. This procedure allows instructors to use a variety of measures that centers specifically on student learning outcomes.
Wichita Area Technical College Cost of Living
The cost of living indices is based on a United State average of 100%. Any amount that is less than 100 means Wichita is cheaper than the United State average. The cost of living index above 100 means that Wichita, Kansas is more expensive.
Wichita cost of living is 86.3
|COST OF LIVING||Wichita||Kansas||USA|
|Median Home Cost||USD119,300||USD138,700||USD216,200|
Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships 2022
WSU Tech offers program-specific scholarships. Along with institutional scholarship; WSU Tech pleasantly offers industry-supported scholarships from Airbus, Delta Dental, Grainger, Snap-On Industries, Soroptimist, Spirit Aerosystems, and more.
The state of Kansas currently has many scholarship opportunities for WSU Tech students including the Kansas Vocational Scholarship, the Nursing Service Scholarship, and the Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship. You can also search the National Scholarship Database here.
1. The Wichita Promise
The Wichita Promise is a scholarship program that pays tuition and fees for specific high-wage, high-demand jobs. But more than that, the program offers personal career advising by WSU Tech’s Career Services department.
- Wichita Promise will cover the cost of tuition and fees, for eligible programs, outside of what the Pell Grant and Veteran’s Educational benefits covers for qualifying students.
- Financial Aid and enrollment must be completed by session deadline.
- Wichita Promise scholarship is only available for the specified semester(s).
- Wichita Promise cannot be used in conjunction with any other institutional scholarship.
- Textbooks and tools are not covered and may be an additional expense.
- Participation is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis to those who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Must attend full time and progress through the program in the sequence provided.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Individuals interested in one of the eligible programs
- High school or GED graduates
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- New adult student at WATC/WSU Tech or previous JumpStart student
- If a prior student at WATC/WSU Tech, must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA during the program
- Shall meet the program entry requirements.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with a permanent resident card
- Must be able to apply for financial aid through the FAFSA and complete all financial aid eligibility requirements.
- Other eligibility restrictions may apply, please contact WSU Tech for full program details.
2. Sixt Scholars
For the 5th year in a row, Sixt Scholars will be awarding 5,000 USD study scholarships to 5 deserving students for any two (2) or four (4) year course in an accredited university.
Kindly note that WSU TECH is an accredited accredited.
- Five $5,000 scholarships awards for undergraduate study
- First 500 valid applicants will be considered
- Available nationwide
- A completed application appraisal form with essay
- Copy of your high school transcript
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040
- Have a minimum 3.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduating high school senior in the USA, academic year 2022/23
- Plan to enrol in a full-time 2 or 4-year university
- Financial need will be considered
Deadline: November Annually.
Please note that the scholarship application period will end after the limit of 500 applicants is reached.
As part of CleverFiles commitment to furthering the science of data protection and management, they have instituted a college scholarship designated to students who want to further their education.
The $1,000 scholarship can be used to for all education-related expenses while completing your degree. Click here to apply.
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards is the signature project of Soroptimist International of the Americas.
Soroptimist International of Wichita is one of nearly 1,300 clubs that make up Soroptimist International of the Americas, a volunteer organization for women committed to improving the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
- The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards are cash awards given to motivated women who are the primary financial supporters of their families. The recipients of the awards seek to improve their lives by gaining additional skills, training or education but do not have the resources to do so. These cash awards are meant to offset any costs associated with the recipient’s efforts to attain higher education, including tuition, books, supplies, child care or transportation costs.
- Soroptimist International of Wichita has been able to award in excess of $1,000 to several recipients each year. The recipients then also have the chance to receive additional awards at District and Region levels of Soroptimist.
- The most challenging aspect of this program is getting applications into the hands of eligible women. If you are a female who strives to attain higher education in the hopes of better supporting yourself and your family, please apply for this scholarship. You can also find the Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award on Facebook.
- Click here to apply. This link provides all of the eligibility requirements and step by step instructions to complete the application.
The Gene Haas Foundation scholarship is to be awarded to students who are currently enrolled or will be enrolling in CNC Machining at a postsecondary educational institution for the 2022 academic year. The scholarship is valid for one semester and in the amount of $1,000.
All applications should be printed and turned into the WSU Tech Financial Aid Office by December 20th.
The scholarship will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to apply.
The Kansas Contractors Association is offering scholarships ranging from $500 up to $2,500 for any student enrolled or intending to enroll for the 2020 school year, in a construction management, construction science, construction engineering technology or related field of study at an accredited Kansas university, community college or technical college. Click here for more info.
The purpose of the Women’s Independence Scholarship Program is to help survivors of intimate partner abuse obtain an education that will secure employment, personal independence and self-sufficiency.
This is available for part time and full time students. The application is completely online.
Also, there is no deadline, however, it is recommended to submit the application 2 months before the start date of the program. Scholarship amount ranges from $250-$2,000 per school term.
Applicant must identify a nonprofit, domestic violence victim services provider willing to sponsor her for this program. Must have worked with the sponsor for at least 6 months. Learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply.
The scholarships from this foundation are for children of Marine and Navy Corpsmen who are pursuing a post-secondary education at any accredited school – whether that be a technical school, community college, or four-year university.
For specific questions, contact Steven Peterson, Chief Operating Officer & Director of Scholarships Programs at 571-384-2790 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awarded through the Kansas Board of Regents to gender non-traditional students (e.g., men in nursing, women in welding, etc.).
Four $1000 scholarships are available – 2 will be awarded to high school seniors entering post-secondary non-traditional programs in the fall and 2 will be awarded to post-secondary students who will enter or continue their enrollment in the fall semester.
Finally, it is very important that you carefully go through every information about WSU TECH contained here. This way, you’re better advantaged to take get admitted into the school.
On the issue of scholarships, I always advise that applicants apply for as many as possible. The rationale for this thought is sole because the more scholarships you apply for, the more disposed you are to being selected for any one or more.
In the meantime, kindly click here for more scholarships for WSU TECH students.
- Catawba College Scholarship, College Tuition and Cost of Living
- MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships for Undergraduate Ghanaian Students
- Vincennes University Tuition: Scholarships and Costs Of Living
- Study In Liechtenstein: Cost of Living, Tuition & List Of Universities
- Study In Ireland: Tuition Fees & Cost of Living for International Students in Ireland
- CPTC Foundation Scholarship
- Ridge Technical College: Admission, Tuition Fees, Scholarships Costs of Living
- List of Low Tuition Universities in Canada with Tuition Fees and Contact Information
- International Postgraduate Students Scholarship at Hubei University
- LIST OF Low Tuition Universities in South Africa