In addition to keeping your money safe and helping finance your investments, Barclays Bank in Ghana is also interested in your advancement in education.
Barclays Bank Ghana and the University of Professional Studies, Accra are offering Barclays Tertiary Scholarship Program for pursuing undergraduate studies.
The aim of the scholarship is to encourage and support students pursuing programs that are key to the government and national development agenda.
In line with the commitment of Barclays Bank to Ghana’s Shared Growth program, the University of Professional Studies invites applications from eligible students under this Barclays Tertiary Education Scholarship.
What You Need To Know About The Barclays tertiary Scholarships
This collaborative effort of Barclays Bank Ghana and the University is to further support Barclays Bank’s commitment to unlocking societal challenges whiles contributing to the economic growth of the country.
Education and Skills Development forms one of the three pillars of their Shared Growth agenda; under which is their Ready-to-work skills training for young persons in tertiary institutions and the Tertiary Education Scholarship.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is available for undergraduate Ghanian students who need assistance to finance their tertiary education. The scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university
This Scholarship is to be taken in Ghana.
The scholarship is open to all Ghanian students to study in the country university.
The bursary will provide coverage of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, and a living allowance.
The bursary value will be dependent on the students’ household income.
Barclay’s Tertiary Scholarships Eligibility:
- Must be Ghanaian
- Must be a continuing student of UPSA (Level 200 – 400)
- Must have an excellent academic record – a GPA of 3.0 and above
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need
- Must add a statement of intent. (Essay)
- Must fill an application form.
- Must provide two referees, one from your Faculty
- Student beneficiaries will need to open a Barclays Ignition Account (Student Account) into which funds will be disbursed.
How to Apply For the Barclays Tertiary Scholarships:
Download form, print and submit a completed application form with all supporting documents to the Financial Aid Unit (FAU), Room 108, LBC. Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
Application Deadline: the deadline is not available yet, please check back for the update.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The scholarship will be administered by the Financial Aid Unit of the University located on the ground floor of the Justice Aryeetey Building (Lecture Block Complex (LBC)), Room108.
Kindly contact Mrs. Vivian Nettey on 0277489664 or 0265504937 for further information.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Chevening Scholarships for Ghanaian Students
- Microsoft Interns4Afrika Internship Program
- WACCI, University of Ghana PhD Training Scholarship [Updated]
- SFAO-Educational Pathways International Scholarships
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program
- Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Studies [Updated]
- West Africa Arts Program for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Hungary Government Scholarships for Ghanaian Students
- University of Lincoln Masters Scholarships for Ghanaian
- MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarships
- Ghana National Petroleum Corporation-GNPC Scholarship
- Ashesi University College MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, Ghana
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.