Learn to teach others, be a beneficiary of this scholarship and study at the University of Oxford. Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships are now receiving the application for the 2022 academic year.
The AIG Scholarship is awarded each year to an individual from West Africa who has demonstrated distinguished public service.
AIG Fellows undertake a period of study, reflection, and engagement of up to 6 months with scholars and students at the Blavatnik School of Government.
To achieve the goal of being a catalyst for public sector transformation, the Africa Initiative for Governance will every year, for five years starting in 2017, fund five scholarships for outstanding West African from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue the Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
AIG will fund scholarships for Africans (Nigerians and Ghanaians) with high leadership potential, to undertake intensive post-graduate world-class training in governance and public policy.
About This Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships
Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
The Scholars will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
LEVEL/FIELD OF STUDY:
Our Scholarships Program is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience. The Scholars will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
The scholarship is to be taken in the UK. I believe as an international student you need some information about scaling through your visa interview if you want to apply for this opportunity see this Top 7 Success Tips for Your Student Visa Interview.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The AIG Scholarships are fully funded scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants should be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Age between 25 and 35 years
- Achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to the University of Oxford and the MPP program. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honors (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
How To Apply
follow the link below to apply:
AIG Scholarships Short-listed candidates
AIG Scholarships 2018/19 Recipients
- Emokiniovo Akpughe (Nigeria)
- Efosa Trevor Edobor (Nigeria)
- Abdul-Fatawu Z. Hakeem (Ghana)
- Chukwunonso Iheoma (Nigeria)
- Oluwapelumi Simpson (Nigeria)
- Emmanuel Taiwo (Nigeria)
AIG Scholarships 2019/2020 Recipients
- Adegbite Adetola (Nigeria)
- Ajimoti Blessing (Nigeria)
- Amuquandoh Prosper (Ghana)
- Chinedu-Okeke Louisa (Nigeria)
- Nneli Tobechukwu (Nigeria)
For more information, visit Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships.
Applications deadline for the AIG Scholarships is September 23 yearly.
AIG Scholarships at University of Oxford – Sponsored by Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford, UK, offers Masters scholarships to west african students at the University of Oxford.
The UK has some of the highest ranked institutions in the world, but this can come at a price. However, if you plan well in advance, you can apply to a range of scholarships offered by UK Universities and Colleges.
- University College Dublin Masters Scholarships for African Students
- Study in University Of The People: ADMISSION, TUITION FEES, SCHOLARSHIPS, COURSES AND RANKING
- International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London
- University of Portsmouth Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians and Ghanaians
- Fully Funded Scholarships At University Of Ghana
- The University of Groningen Ph.D. Scholarship in Computational Linguistics in Netherlands
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS APPLY NOW
- Fondazione Edu Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Ghana,
- University of Newcastle Ph.D. Scholarships for Ghanaians in Australia
- WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships For Africans