Are you passionate about leadership? If yes, hurry and apply for the AFRIKA KOMMT Internship Fellowship for Africans. The initiative will help lay the foundation stone for sustainable economic cooperation with Africa and aims at forming stable cooperative partnerships for the future.
About AFRIKA KOMMT
Nineteen of Germany’s leading businesses have committed themselves to a common cause. In 2008, they launched the AFRIKA KOMMT! initiative for economic and capacity development. The program trains young, future managers from Sub-Saharan Africa on-site with German companies.
The main idea behind the initiative is to create a win-win situation for the program participants and the partnering companies.
Who is Eligible for AFRIKA KOMMT Internship Fellowship
Level/ Field of Study:
AFRIKA KOMMT program is an Internship and Career Fellowship. This program is in the area of leadership.
This Internship program is hosted by AFRIKA KOMMT
The program is basically for Future Leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa. if you are an African student and you desire to study in Africa, check out the best scholarships obtainable in Africa.
At the heart of the AFRIKA KOMMT! the fellowship program is an eight-month practical training in a leading German enterprise benefiting both, fellows and partner companies – a classic win-win situation:
The program fellows benefit through:
- Gaining first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- Being exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- Becoming acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- Extending their international management competencies
- Initiating networks of cooperation partners between Sub-Saharan Africa and German companies
Eligibility for AFRIKA KOMMT Internship Fellowship 2022:
Candidates need to fulfill the following formal eligibility requirements:
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles below)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
The partner companies benefit through:
- establishing networks of cooperation and trust in promising future markets in Sub-Saharan Africa
- extending their experience with the working and business culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- improving their knowledge about cultures, markets, countries etc. in Sub-Saharan Africa
The AFRIKA KOMMT! the fellowship program also includes: Language course, Travelling expenses (Flights, Visa, local travels etc), Monthly living allowances, Accommodation, Insurance, Training and Study tours, Alumni activities, Certificate
After five completed program years, a significant number of the participants now work in the branch office of their respective partner companies in Africa.
How to apply:
Applications can only be submitted through the online application system.
Please read the application requirements carefully. You will find all the necessary information in the application guide.
The application deadline for this program varies at such we encourage that you keep checking this site for the most recent updates on this program.
Important Notes: You will have to apply for the entire program and not for a certain company or placement. There is no guarantee that practical training in a specific company is possible.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- DAAD Scholarships For All Students-APPLY NOW
- ESSO Training Fellowships in Surgical Oncology for International Students
- King’s Scholars of Tomorrow International Foundation Scholarships
- Murli T. Chellaram Foundation (MTC) Awards
- LUISS Business School Scholarships for International Students
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries – Apply Now
- UWE MSc International Management Scholarship in the UK