If you are seeking a grant-in-aid for students, apply for the DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships for Africans.
This scholarship will help fund your tuition and take care of other educational materials.
For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, the DRD – Institute of Development Research and Development offers DAAD merit scholarships per year.
The scholarship will be taken at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany.
About DAAD Scholarship
DAAD, in collaboration with the Research for Development Division (DRD) of the African Center of Excellence at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa, is inviting applicants from sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record to continue their developing Masters and Ph.D.
The DAAD, a power plant in the academic world, is an autonomous national agency of higher education institutions in Germany, funded by the federal government and the state.
The exclusive focus of the Development Research Division of the African Center of Excellence is to prepare the next generation of leaders to address the economic, social and political challenges of the development process.
Courses offered: Related development.
Course Level: Graduate (Master, Ph.D.)
Provider: Development Research Division-SA
Country to study in South Africa, Germany.
To adequately prepare the next generation of leaders through research-based training, it is not enough to have the opportunity to award scholarships to promising candidates from all over sub-Saharan Africa, but it is also important.
It is necessary to maintain a strong focus on research. Work center and cooperate closely with other universities in the region.
Level/Field of Study
Field of Study:
These Scholarships are available for full-time students of
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- the MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme)
- the different Ph.D. options at the center (Ph.D. UWC)
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Students who are citizens or resides in Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarship Worth
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for Ph.D. candidates.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility:
Requirements for application and application procedure
In addition to the above requirements, scholarship applicants are advised to carefully read the specific entry requirements and the application procedure for the program of their choice. The information is available in the different sections of the program.
How to Apply For DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships:
- You will have to fill in an electronic application form (ONLY AVAILABLE FROM mid-APRIL to 15th July)!
- As the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!
MA applicants will have to write a one-page paper about 1 of the following 4 topics:
- François Bourguignon, a former Chief Economist of the World Bank referred to the “poverty growth inequality triangle”: Discuss this comment, critically evaluating the role of inequality in the current study of development in Africa.
- Write critically on perceptions about governance in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- It has been claimed that climate change could potentially interrupt progress toward a world without hunger. Consider the evidence for this claim and discuss how climate change might impact food security.
- Discuss the relationship between social movements and civil society in a specific SSA country of your choice.
More information about requirements for application and application procedure is provided in the link below.
Application Deadlines For DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships:
- MA in Development Studies (next deadline July 2022)
- Master in Public Administration (next deadline July 2022)
- MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline November 2022)
- Ph.D. options at the center (Ph.D. UWC) (next deadline July 2022)
It is important to carefully go through the “How to apply” section of the Bochum program and/or the course homepage; AND also to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this scholarship and to access the electronic application forms.
- High Achiever Scholarship in Australia (Undergraduate)
- Scholarships for One Young World in London, UK
- Saltire Scholarship for International Students in UK
- FEBE Study Tour Scholarship for International Students in Australia
- Hatfield Lioness Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
- Jack Wynhoven Scholarship for International Students
- KC Kuok Scholarship for International Students in Australia
- DA VINCI Scholarship for International Students in UK
- Elon University Scholarships
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please kindly review our post below.