A few days ago, the Microsoft chief hailed a 75 billion naira Activision deal as a grand step into the metaverse.
Enrolling in Microsoft certification courses online is one way to benefit from this American Multinational Technology Corporation.
Founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975, Microsoft produces computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
Microsoft ranks no 21 in the 2020 Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. Microsoft is one of the big Five American information technology companies.
With Microsoft certifications, you can develop, become an administrator, solution architect, data engineer, and data scientist.
This article explores all possible Microsoft certification courses online for you. The table of contents below highlights all these courses.
Table of contents
- Are There Microsoft Certification Courses Online?
- Is It Worth Getting Microsoft Certified?
- Which Microsoft Certification Is Best?
- How Can I Get Microsoft Certification Online?
- What IsThe Minimum System Requirements for Microsoft Certification Exam Online?
- Top Microsoft Certification Courses Online To Take In 2023
- #1. AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam
- #2. AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Exam
- #3. AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
- #4. AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- #5. Dp-100: Data Science on Microsoft Azure Exam
- #6. Artificial Intelligence on Microsoft Azure
- #7. Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced
- #8. DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution
- #9. Connect Your Services with Microsoft Azure Services
- #10. Deploy a website with Azure Virtual Machines
- Top Microsoft Certification Courses Online FAQs
Are There Microsoft Certification Courses Online?
Yes, there are Microsoft certification courses online. Basically, these certification courses are designed to prepare you for Microsoft certification exams.
With these courses online for Microsoft certifications, you can choose a path and make your mark.
They help you to get the practical and technical skills you need to make a difference. Microsoft certification course can teach you the skills you need for your next steps.
Microsoft certification courses online allow you to build skills in popular Microsoft technologies. They are usually self-directed and feature step-by-step tutorials.
Courses are delivered in interactive environments and custom learning paths that help you achieve industry-recognized certifications.
These courses make it easier for you to pass examinations and earn certifications in Microsoft. These certifications show that you are keeping pace with today’s jobs.
Is It Worth Getting Microsoft Certified?
Yes, getting Microsoft Certified is worth every bit of it. Many companies across a range of industries use Microsoft programs.
If you have Microsoft certification, you will remain valuable even when you opt to change careers. Getting Microsoft certified equips you with more vital skills.
This, in turn, will skyrocket your earnings. Those who are Microsoft-certified report earning more money across their respective industries.
Also Read: How to Get Microsoft Power Bi Certification in 2023
Which Microsoft Certification Is Best?
Every Microsoft certification is good in its rights. Depending on your goal, every Microsoft certification is worth it.
Microsoft offers three levels of certifications. Fundamentals certification, Role-based credentials, and additional certifications.
Fundamental certifications is ideal for individuals who are just starting in technology or thinking about a career change. Below are the certificates at this level.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Power Platform Fundamentals: Microsoft Certified
Role-based certifications are best for you if you intend to learn valuable job role skills. Below are some of the certifications in this category.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate: Microsoft Certified
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
Additional certifications are best for individuals who seek to explore a specialty.
They are also essential for those who intend to become Microsoft certified Educator and Microsoft office technicians. Some of the certifications available at this level include:
- Azure for SAP Workloads Specialty: Microsoft Certified
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Microsoft Word Expert (Word and Word 2019)
- Microsoft Certified Educator
How Can I Get Microsoft Certification Online?
Yes, you can get Microsoft certifications online through Pearson VUE. Microsoft partners with Pearsons to deliver exams.
You can sit for the Microsoft certifications exams using OnVUE online delivery in the comfort of your home or office. A proctor monitors your exam experience via webcam and microphone.
This maintains the integrity of the exam results. Before registering, you need to confirm if online exams are available in your country/region.
It is important to note that greeter support, proctor support, and proctoring software are available in a limited number of languages.
Consider the list below before registering for an online Microsoft certification exam
Also Read : 15 Free Online Microsoft Courses with Certificates in 2023
Before Registering for Microsoft Certification Exam Online
- Ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements (detailed below).
- Complete the required system test on the same computer and in the exact location from where you will test.
- Review the system requirements, technical tips, and testing environment requirements below.
- Confirm that your ID is compliant with the Pearson VUE ID Policy and that the name on your Microsoft Certification profile EXACTLY matches the name on the government-issued ID you will present to enter the exam. To read more about how to check the name on your certification profile, visit: Manage your certification profile.
- Update your Microsoft Certification profile with your mobile number, including country code, in case Pearson VUE needs to contact you during the exam. If you lose connection during the exam, this is the only way Pearson VUE can contact you. For instructions on how to update your profile, visit: Manage your certification profile.
- Read it before your exam to ensure that you fully understand the requirements and can agree to them without running out of time. If you do not agree to the NDA in the time allotted, you will not be able to take the exam.
- If you would like to request accommodations for your exam, please submit an accommodations request with Pearson VUE before you schedule your exam. For detailed information on how to submit a request, visit Request accommodations for Pearson VUE.
What IsThe Minimum System Requirements for Microsoft Certification Exam Online?
Microsoft advises that once you are ready to take the certification exam online, you should first run a system test.
You must confirm if your computer, location, and internet connection are compatible with Pearson VUE OnVUE software and testing requirements.
However, it recommends the table below for minimum system requirements. Be certain your system meets the requirements in the table before sitting for the exam:
12 Free Online Social Work Courses With Certificates 2023
Minimum System Requirements
|Operating System||Windows 10Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)Mac OS 10.13 and above (excluding beta versions)Note: Windows Operating Systems must pass Genuine Windows Validation. Windows Vista, XP, Windows 7, and all Linux/Unix based Operating Systems are strictly prohibited for exam delivery.|
|Firewall||Do not take your exam in a setting with a corporate firewall (including VPN) or alert your Network Administrator to the network configuration requirements.|
|Display||Minimum Resolution: 1024 x 768 in 16-bit color.|
Note: All tablets are strictly forbidden unless it has a physical keyboard and also meet the operating system requirements mentioned earlier.
|Internet Browser||The newest versions of Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.|
|Internet Connection||A consistent connection speed of 1 Mbps down/up is required. We recommend testing on a wired network as opposed to a wireless network.|
|Webcam||Webcam must have a minimum resolution of 640×480 @ 10 fps.|
Webcam may be internal or maybe external and connected to the computer. Mac users may need to allow OnVUE within their ‘System Preferences: Security & Privacy’ settings for both microphone and camera.
|Sound & Microphone||Verify the audio and microphone are not set on mute in Windows. Mac users may need to allow OnVUE within their ‘System Preferences: Security & Privacy: Privacy’ settings for Microphone, Camera, Automation, and Input Monitoring.|
|Browser Settings||Internet Cookies must be enabled.|
Any Pop-Up blocking setting(s) must be disabled.
|Work Computer||We recommend testing on a personal computer, as work computers may block the OnVUE software.|
|Power||Ensure you are connected to a power source before starting your exam to avoid draining your battery during the exam.|
|Additional Software||If possible, stop any antivirus software from running during exam time.|
Top Microsoft Certification Courses Online To Take In 2023
As earlier stated, every Microsoft certification course online prepares you for the exam adequately.
After taking the course, you can schedule an exam online to get the certifications. Most reputable learning platforms like Udemy, Edx, and Coursera offer Microsoft certification courses.
#1. AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam
Coursera offers a Microsoft certification course online that has enrolled over 7.8k students. It is a beginner course taught by Microsoft that empowers its students to achieve more.
It teaches the key points of cloud computing and core Microsoft Azure services. Students will also take a practice exam.
This exam covers the skills measured in the cloud concepts and core Azure services domains in the AZ-900 Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals Exam.
This Microsoft Certification course online offers a 7-day full-access free trial. To get started, click the enroll now below.
The course demands students be familiar with general technology such as networking, storage, computing, application support, and application development.
#2. AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Exam
This certification course on Coursera demands learners have general programming knowledge or experience. Also, having basic computer literacy and being proficient in English language is a prerequisite.
In apprpximately 10 hours, you will develop best practice study methods to prepare for Microsoft certification exams. The certification course for Microsoft is best for individuals preparing for the Certified AI-900 Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Exam.
The online course teaches the core concepts related to artificial intelligence. Simply click on enroll now to enroll for free.
10 Free Online Electrical Courses With Certificates In 2022
#3. AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
This is one of the top Microsoft Certification courses online. The course is best for professionals who seek to become Microsoft Azure Administrators.
Students will learn all aspects of cloud computing, managing, and monitoring an organization’s Microsoft Azure Environment.
Participants will gain knowledge in the fundamental understanding of implementing and managing identities, governance, cloud storage, and creating virtual networks. This online course for Microsoft certification costs $1,250 per participant.
#4. AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
This is a 5-day instructor led course online for individuals in the IT domain. It is best for people who translate business requirements into more scalable, flexible, reliable, and secure solutions.
Enrolling in this course equips you with the knowledge you need to pass the Microsoft Azure AZ-303 certification exam on your first attempt. It costs $1,500 and can be completed in 40 Hours.
#5. Dp-100: Data Science on Microsoft Azure Exam
This online course for Microsoft certification is a prep specialization. This prep specialization is for data scientists with existing knowledge of Python and machine learning frameworks like Scikit-learn.
It is best for individuals who want to build and operate machine learning solutions in the cloud.
At the end of this Microsoft Certification course online for free, participants will learn how to create end-to-end solutions in Microsoft.
17 Best Spanish Classes Online for Beginners and PROs | 2023
#6. Artificial Intelligence on Microsoft Azure
Artificial Intelligence on Microsoft course online is one of the top Microsoft Certifications courses for free.
Coursera.org offers this training course that empowers amazing new solutions and experiences. Participants will learn how Artificial Intelligence enables the creation of robust solutions to many problems.
It reinforces the principle that ensures everyone benefits from AI. AI developers must ensure that no individual or section of society is disadvantaged by their creation. Enrol now for free to learn more.
#7. Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced
Keystone Academic courses host this online course for Microsoft Certifications. It is a part-time course that can be completed in 18 hours.
Participants of this course will master the popular Excel tools and come out with the confidence to efficiently complete any Excel tasks.
Kyle Pew. a Microsoft certified trainer, will teach this course on Udemy, and participants will learn the following:
- Master Microsoft Excel from Beginner to Advanced
- Build a solid understanding of the Basics of Microsoft Excel.
- Learn the most common Excel functions used in the Office
- Harness the full power of Microsoft Excel by automating your day-to-day tasks through Macros and VBA.
- Maintain large sets of Excel data in a list or table
- Create dynamic reports by mastering one of the most popular tools, PivotTables
- Wow your boss by unlocking dynamic formulas with IF, VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH functions, and many more
- Access to a Professional Trainer with 10+ years of Excel Training
#8. DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution
This online course prepares students who intend sitting for DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution exam. The system is best for engineers responsible for data-related tasks, including ingesting, egressing, and transforming data from multiple sources.
Participants will learn how to identify and meet data requirements while designing and implementing data management, monitoring, security, and privacy.
To enroll, follow the link below.
21 Cheapest Online Law School In 2023
#9. Connect Your Services with Microsoft Azure Services
This Microsoft certification course is best for developers participating in all phases of cloud development, from requirements, defintion, and design; to development, deployment, and maintenance.
Developers participating in performance tuning and monitoring can also benefit from this course. Developers who enroll in this course will learn how to create end-to-end solutions in Microsoft Azure.
It is free, and you can enroll by clicking enrol now below.
#10. Deploy a website with Azure Virtual Machines
This online course would analyze the decisions made before creating a VM and the options to create and manage the VM.
The first module will emphasize the extensions and services you can use to manage your VM.
Participants will also learn how to create a Linux virtual machine using Azure Portal. The online course for Microsoft certification consists of 8 courses that prepare individuals to taked the Exam AZ-204 – Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure.
Top Microsoft Certification Courses Online FAQs
Azure AI Fundamentals is the best Microsoft certification to have in 2022.
You should take Microsoft fundamental certifications first. Consider completing MCSA courses for one or three areas first.
The Azure Administrator Associate is the highest-paid Microsoft certification, according to a 2020 report. Individuals with this certificate earn an average salary of $125 993.
All Azure certifications are valid for one year.
MCSE: Core Infrastructure is an essential credential offered by Microsoft.
Top Microsoft certification courses online prepare for Microsoft certification exams. Find the best technique online to enroll before scheduling an exam now.
- Careers369.com: Microsoft Certification Courses
- Wikipedia – Microsoft
- Koenig-Solutions.com – Most In-Demand Highest Paying Microsoft Certifications