NASA Hubble Fellowship Program – NHFP receives applications every year from suitable and eligible candidates. Basically, the fellowship is to enable newer and highly qualified postdoctoral researchers to conduct independent research at US host institutions selected by each Fellow.
NASA Hubble Fellowship Program (NHFP) helps outstanding postdoctoral researchers perform independent research in all areas of NASA astrophysics using theory, observation, experiment, or development. Interestingly, applicants outside the US can apply for NASA Hubble fellowship.
Table of Contents Hide
About the Sponsor: Space Telescope Science Institute
We are the Institute for Space Telescope Science in Baltimore, Maryland, administered by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy. We help humanity explore the universe with advanced space telescopes and ever-expanding data archives. Founded in 1982, we helped direct the history’s most famous observatory, the Hubble Space Telescope.
Applicants whose native language is not English must generally demonstrate that they have a good knowledge of English at the higher level required by the university.
The initial annual NASA Hubble fellowship stipend of an NHFP fellow is comparable to other fellowships and is subject to review and annual adjustments. In addition, the NHFP Scholar receives assistance with health insurance, relocation costs, travel, IT services, publications, and other direct research costs.
No remuneration, salary or other additional remuneration from another employment (eg teaching), fellowship or similar fellowship during the award period. Additional honorable appointments to be associated with “Hubble Fellow,” “Sagan Fellow,” or “Einstein Fellow” are also prohibited.
While the salary of the Fellows is determined by the NHFP, benefits such as retirement, family vacations, etc., depend on the rules of the host institution and whether the fellow is an employee or a scholar. independent (intern) from the host university.
Future NASA Hubble fellowship fellows are urged to review the policies of potential host institutes before they appear in their application, as changes after acceptance may be difficult or even impossible as host institutions reach their scholarship quota.
Eligibility for NASA Hubble fellowship 2021
In order for a candidate to be eligible for the NASA Hubble fellowship stipend, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants must have earned a doctoral degree or equivalent Ph.D. in astronomy, physics, or a related discipline. The date of the promotion should be from 1 January. Applicants with previous PhDs may be eligible in exceptional cases (see below). Students who have not yet obtained their doctorate at the time of application must provide evidence before the fellowship that they have fulfilled all the requirements of their studies.
- The authorization can be extended to those who have obtained a doctorate on 1 January, if the work was necessarily delayed for personal or family reasons. This extended authorization must be substantiated by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- NASA Hubble fellowship program is available to English-speaking citizens of all nations. Qualified candidates will be considered regardless of race, belief, skin color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or disability. national origin. Women and minorities are urged to apply.
- Requirements for the English language: Applicants whose native language is not English must generally have English language skills at the same level.
Level/ Field of Study
NASA Hubble fellowship is currently available to highly-qualified postdoctoral researchers to conduct independent research on US host institutions selected by each fellow. The NASA Hubble fellowship is awarded for independent research in any field of NASA astrophysics using theory, observation, experimentation, or instrumental development.
The NASA Hubble fellowship 2021 is to be hosted by Space Telescope Science Institute in the USA. The NASA Hubble fellowship program is to be taken in USA institutions.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United State.
The NHFP 2021 is available to Non-US citizens. You can utilize these Fellowship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other Fellowships you can apply for in 2021 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
Number of NASA Hubble fellowship
Subject to NASA funding, 24 new NASA Hubble fellows will be awarded in 2021.
How to Apply for NSHP 2021
Applicants applying for NASA Hubble fellowship program- NHFP must submit their documents via the online application form. These materials must contain:
- Application form completed
- curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Summary of past and current searches (limited to 3 pages, including references)
- Research proposal, described below (text limited to 3 pages plus 2 pages with references/numbers)
NASA Hubble fellowship 2021 Deadline
NASA Hubble Fellowship Program Applications closes on 1st November annually.
- FAER Summer Fellowship Program
- Department of Defense Stem Scholarship | USA
- L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship for African Women in Science
- Christine Mirzayan Fellowship Program
- UN Fellowship for Africans in Diaspora – Switzerland
- MacArthur Foundation Fellowship
- IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program for Mathematicians in the USA
- Stanford University Scholarships Opportunities for International Students (SHARE)
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Ghana Students
- PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Program in Bangladesh, Ghana, and China
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.