As a medical student, $12,000 will reduce the cost to a greater extent. Don’t miss this opportunity. Read through and apply now.
The Cumming School of Medicine of the University of Calgary is glad to announce its Pathways to Medicine Scholarship which is one of the newest University of Calgary pathways scholarships.
The program supports the enrollment and success of future MD students from traditionally under-represented groups throughout Alberta.
A group of dedicated general practitioners brings specialty training in family medicine to Calgary. A three-year residency for certification in General Practice is piloted at the Calgary General Hospital.
Do you dream of being a doctor but medical school seems out of reach?
If you have the brains, passion, and dedication to pursue it, a career in medicine is within your grasp.
What You Need To Know About The Pathways to Medicine Scholarship
This scholarship includes tuition support for your choice of the University of Calgary undergraduate program, a relocation allowance if you need it, supports a paid summer internship, and connects you with mentors from the faculty, student body, and community. When you complete your undergraduate degree you are guaranteed admission (assuming certain criteria are met) into the university’s MD program.
If you’re a graduating high school student from anywhere in Alberta and you want to help people live healthier lives, your pathway to medicine could start right now.
How Much Is The University of Calgary Pathway To Medicine Scholarship Worth?
Recipients of the Pathway to Medicine Scholarship at the University of Calgary will enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees: $5,000/year (for four years)
- Relocation allowance: up to $1,000
- Summer internship: $6,000 (in the third year)
Who Can Apply For The University of Calgary Pathways to Medicine Scholarship? | Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for domestic students.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must apply to their undergraduate degree program of choice at the University of Calgary independently.
- The scholarship applies only to studies at the University of Calgary.
- Applicants must be residents of Alberta as defined by the Cumming School of Medicine (CSM) Admission Policy. See MD Program Applicant Manual
- Only students from a low socioeconomic status background are eligible for this scholarship. Consideration will be given to applicants who are of Indigenous ancestry and/or from a rural community.
- Note: Low socioeconomic status is defined as having an average gross family income (as reported on line 260 of parental and personal tax returns) that is 1.5 times or less than the Statistics Canada before tax “low-income cut-offs” (LICO) for the past two to three years. More information can be found in the Pathways to Medicine Scholarship Applicant Manual.
- Note: Applicants whose parents hold graduate or professional degrees (e.g. MBA, PhD, MD, LLB, etc.) will be considered on a case by case basis, but are unlikely to be awarded a scholarship. The scholarship is intended to primarily support individuals who come from socially disadvantaged backgrounds in addition to financial disadvantages.
- Note: Rural is defined as having graduated high school in a community of fewer than 15,000 inhabitants.
- Note: Indigenous applicants must provide a status card/certificate of Indian Status or offer other documentation of indigenous ancestry. Metis applicants must provide a
- Metis membership card issued by a recognized provincial Metis organization associated with the Metis National Council.
- All applicants must provide a letter of nomination from your high school principal or a representative from a recognized community organization, Indigenous group or rural community.
- Note: Community organization is defined as a non-profit or geographic entity that serves or represents the target populations (rural, indigenous, or under-served urban). Organizations may nominate a maximum of two applicants per application year.
Level/Field of Study
These Scholarships are available to study an undergraduate degree program awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is to be taken in Canada. The selection of awards will be based on the overall quality of submitted entries and will be the sole discretion of the Cumming School of Medicine.
This scholarship is for Canadian students. If you are an international student and you wish to study in America, this is a List of Latest Undergraduate Scholarships for America
How to Apply for The University of Calgary Pathways to Medicine Scholarship
The deadline to apply to the University of Calgary is March 1, 2022, please see the application for admission to the University of Calgary.
All applicants who express an interest in the scholarship program will be asked to complete a preliminary Pathways to Medicine Scholarship application by March 31, 2022.
The Pathways to Medicine Committee will review the preliminary applications and shortlist based on two criteria: that the applicant fits with the vision of the pathways program and that the applicant demonstrates a strong academic ability. Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a full secondary application and take part in an interview process with the committee.
The deadline to apply to the University of Calgary is March 1, 2022, while selected applicants for the Pathway to Medicine Scholarship must submit their applications on or before the 31st of March, 2022.
Applicants will be informed of award decisions by the end of June 2022
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Griffith University A-Level Undergraduate Scholarships In Australia
- Young Farmers Scholarship Programme in Australia
- Warren Buffett Scholarship
- Student Financial Aid in the United States
- US and French Scientists, NIDA Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students at Robert Gordon University
- River Valley Cooperative Agriculture Scholarship in the USA
- Foster Care-to-Success Scholarships
- Top 10 Turkey Scholarships for Pakistani Students
- Apply: VLIR-UOS Scholarship for Training and Masters Program in Belgium
- Top 15 Turkey Scholarships for Ethiopian Students
- DCU Executive MBA Ambition Scholarships in Ireland
- GAANN Fellowship at Ohio State University, USA
- Dell Scholarships In USA
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.