The U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and AMIDEAST are pleased to announce this year’s recruitment for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated high school seniors in the Middle East and North Africa who are from underserved backgrounds.
The program will provide four-year university scholarships and internship opportunities at select institutions of higher learning in the Middle East to students who have the potential to become leaders.
The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut and the Lebanese American University. Selected students will join the 289 Tomorrow’s Leaders already studying at these universities.
Scholarship recipients may pursue an eligible undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the two host institutions.
In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to engage in community service activities and participate in internships. Limited English- language training will be provided for some participants.
Participation in the program includes travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB or LAU, a study abroad experience in the U.S., accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year.
LEVEL/FIELD OF STUDY
This scholarship is open to high school seniors and those who have graduated from high school in 2022
You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
Applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen, and cannot hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident. I will recommend you check 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship.
The program covers travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB or LAU, a study abroad experience in the U.S., insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program Eligibility
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school;
- A citizen or, national of Morocco and those qualified to hold a valid Moroccan passport;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 490 for the TOEFL PBT and 57 for the TOEFL iBT that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English Language training;
- Maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in the final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2022.
How to Apply for Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship program
The recruitment of Tomorrow’s Leaders candidates will be handled by AMIDEAST region-wide this year (see above). Interested candidates should visit the Tomorrow’s Leaders website at www.amideast.org/tl for full eligibility requirements and the application information.
Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Application Link
Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Application Deadline
Not currently accepting applications. Please check this page for updates.
Further information is available online at www.amideast.org/tl.
For questions, please contact AMIDEAST at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +961-1-989901 ext 162
- List of Top 15 Advertising Scholarships [UPDATED]
- 50+ Accounting Scholarships for International Students
- 15 Best International Masters Scholarships in Australia
- TOP 15 AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIPS [UPDATED]
- International Undergraduate scholarships for Angola Students [UPDATED]
- Brewster Technical College Scholarships, Admissions Tuition Fees and Cost of Living
- List of South African Scholarships – APPLY
- Best 20 Virginia Scholarships for College Students [UPDATED]
- Top 20 Best International scholarships for Nigerian Students
- List of Top International Scholarships in Hungary
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a response in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.