Bravery from the word “brave” means to be bold, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary means “the quality or state of having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty”, it stressed say, the quality or state of being brave is: courage.
Courage as defined by Wikipedia is the choice and willingness to confront agony, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.
From these definitions, we can see that “courage” and “bravery” are synonyms.
Bravery is essential in our day-to-day living and associations and in anything we do in life, be it academics, relationships, politics, or any part of our lives and living.
With bravery, we get to find the zeal to pursue that which we desire and press on despite any challenges or obstacles that come our way.
We don’t give in to fear when we are brave, and this enables us to successfully pull through circumstances.
Without bravery, we get fed up with the situations surrounding us and give up on our goals and pursuits
When we are brave, we get our self emotionally and mentally prepared for the journey ahead of us and have it in mind that no matter what happens, we will face it and overcome it.
The above listed are among the benefits of courage, so now it’s quite obvious that bravery is very much important.
Below are some quotes on bravery in the year 2022;
1. “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – E. F. Schumacher
2. “Courage is being the only one who knows how terrified you are.” – Tom Clancy
3. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” – Brene Brown
4. “I am not a courageous person by nature. I have simply discovered that, at certain key moments in this life, you must find courage in yourself, in order to move forward and live. It is like a muscle and it must be exercised, first a little, and then more and more. All the really exciting things possible during the course of a lifetime require a little more courage than we currently have. A deep breath and a leap.” – John Patrick Shanley
5. “It takes a lot of courage to face up to things you can’t do because we feed ourselves so much denial.” – Zoe Saldana
6. “Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day.” – Bernie Siegel
7. “She was beginning to realize people could survive most things. Not because they were brave or strong, but because there wasn’t any choice.” – Candice Proctor
8. “The brave may not live forever, but the cautious don’t live at all.” – Ashley L.
9. “There’s only one requirement of any of us, and that is to be courageous. Because courage, as you might know, defines all other human behavior. And, I believe – because I’ve done a little of this myself – pretending to be courageous is just as good as the real thing.” – David Letterman
10. “Wisdom equals knowledge plus courage. You have to not only know what to do and when to do it, but you have to also be brave enough to follow through.” – Jarod Kintz
11. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
12. “Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.” – George Patton
13. “Don’t make assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.”–Miguel Angel Ruiz.
14. “I believe that the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity, is daring to dare.” – Maya Angelou
15. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no proper security in what is no longer meaningful.” – Alan Cohen
16. “Love bravely, live bravely, be courageous; there’s really nothing to lose. There’s no wrong you can’t make right again, so be kinder to yourself…have fun, take chances. There are no bounds.” – Jewel
17. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
18. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” – Paul Tillich
19. “They looked at each other. They weren’t thinking anymore. The time for that had come and gone. Smashed smiles lay ahead of them. But that would be later.” – Arundhati Roy
20. “You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will resist. And there are many of us out there, more than you think. People who refuse to stop believing. People who refuse to come to earth. People who live in a world without walls. People who love into hate, into refusal, against hope, and without fear.” – Lauren Oliver
21. “At least three times every day take a moment and ask yourself what is really important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around your answer.” – Lee Jampolsky
22. “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
23. “Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.” – Erica Jong
24. “I nodded, pretending to be a hundred times more courageous than I felt. But that was the thing about courage. Sometimes you had to fake it to feel it.” – Lisa Tawn Bergren
25. “It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.” – Erma Bombeck
26. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
27. “Some people won’t be happy until they’ve pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away.” – Donna Schoenrock
28. “The difficult thing is that vulnerability is the first thing I look for in you and the last thing I’m willing to show you. In you, it’s courage and daring. In me, it’s weakness.” – Brene Brown
29. “To boast wonder takes great courage. Being left speechless with joy is not for the weak. We forget to be surprised by everyday miracles, like toast springing up, the mesmerizing blue in the sky, or even simple friendships. To touch and remember this delicate sense of wonder, we travel. We deliberately let ourselves become tourists to welcome in this unique delight.” – Edmond Manning
30. “You can have the courage to climb the mountain, swim the lakes, go on a raft to the other side of the Atlantic or Pacific. That, any fool can do, but the courage to be on your own, to stand on your two solid feet, is something which cannot be given by somebody.” – U.G. Krishnamurti
31. “Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now but it can’t rain forever.” – Hailee
32. “Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, ‘Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.’” – Unknown
33. “Everyone including YOU suffers when you refuse to BE all & DO all you can.” – Fela Durotoye
34. “If we never had the courage to take a leap of faith, we’d be cheating God out of a chance to mount us up with wings like eagles and watch us soar.” – Jen Stephens
35. “It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
36. “My message, especially to young people, is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
37. “Somehow I can’t believe that there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four Cs. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.” – Walt Disney Company
38. “The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
39. “To look at something as though we had never seen it before requires great courage.” – Henri Matisse
40. “You can’t forgive without loving. And I don’t mean sentimentality. I don’t mean mush. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say, ‘I forgive. I’m finished with it.’” – Maya Angelou
41. “Because no matter what they say, you always have a choice. You just don’t always have the guts to make it.” – Ray N. Kuili
42. “Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.” – Arthur Koestler
43. “Failure is not having the courage to try, nothing more and nothing less.” – Robin Sharma (https://wealthygorilla.com/100-best-courage-quotes/)
Bravery quotes could serve as a source of inspiration and motivation to people, thus enabling them to carry on and brace up, as humans we need motivation it increases our will and desire to do that which we have to do, and to back up our feelings that we are doing the right thing, it serves as an encouragement and also to make those who haven’t started yet see the need to do so.
For everything we desire to do, imputing bravery will help us make a mark.