David Messer Net Worth Overview
This is an overview of David Messer.
|Net Worth||$1 Million to $5 Million Approx|
|Date of Birth||Unavailable|
|Source of Wealth||Freepoint Commodities LLC|
|Wikipedia Profile||David Messer|
David Messer Net Worth
Basically, David Messer’s Net worth is currently unknown. He is a wealthy businessman who has been able to rebuild businesses from scratch, He has helped a lot of businesses grow their revenue.
However, there are no information about how he spends his income and the lifestyle he lives. Only a little data, mostly about his businesses, can be found.
Messer began his commodities trading career in 1983 with Drexel Burham Lambert and then AIG, trading metals and energy, eventually rising to the position of president of AIG’s trading arm before overseeing its sale to Sempra in 1997.
Over the next eight years, he was instrumental in increasing annual revenues from $50 million to $1.5 billion.
Messer stated that Freepoint’s revenues have so far exceeded their initial projections. However, it remains to be seen whether, after a successful start, it will be possible to build a company as large as Sempra, which had over 1,000 employees worldwide and was valued at well over $3 billion in 2008.
Messer stated that the conditions are favorable, and his team’s track record suggests that it is possible. “We are establishing a global physical commodity merchant.”
David Messer was born in Greenwich, Connecticut, United States. He is the CEO of Freepoint Commodities LLC and RBS Sempra Commodities.
He’s an intelligent man with a lot of skills like Strategy, Research, Training, Business Development, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Business Strategy, Management Consulting, Sales, Microsoft Excel, among others. These skills have gotten him far in life.
David Messer’s net worth is unknown and there is no information about his private life, early life, family, children, and siblings.
Now that you’re here, you can read How To Make Money Drawing Cartoons In 2021
David Messer Career
Mr. Messer has spent his entire thirty-five-year professional career in the financial services industry, with a focus on commodities markets.
After graduating from Yale University with a BA in 1983, Mr. Messer worked in commodity trading units at Drexel Burnham Lambert and then AIG, primarily in the metals and energy markets.
In 1994, he was appointed President of AIG Trading Corp., an energy trading firm, which he led until late 1997, when he directed the unit’s sale to Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE), resulting in the formation of Sempra Energy Trading Corp. (SET) on January 1, 1998.
Mr. Messer and a team of two senior executives grew SET from a $50 million annual revenue enterprise in 1998 to a $1.5 billion annual revenue enterprise by 2005.
Mr. Messer oversaw the sale of a majority stake in the company to The Royal Bank of Scotland in 2007, resulting in the formation of the RBS Sempra Commodities joint venture on April 1, 2008.
Mr. Messer was appointed CEO of the joint venture and Global Head of Commodities for RBS until March 2009, when he resigned. In March 2011, Mr. Messer co-founded Freepoint.
David Messer Coworkers At FreePoint Commodities, LLC
Freepoint, which was founded in March 2011, is in “expansion mode,” according to CEO David Messer in a May phone interview with Bloomberg News, and is having one of its most profitable years to date.
Bradley Quester has been appointed president of the new competitive energy retailer. Quester, an industry veteran, has held previous leadership positions at competitive energy suppliers such as Constellation Energy, Direct Energy, and, most recently, Guttman Energy.
The overall management team at Freepoint has decades of experience managing and supplying energy to businesses in the retail energy supply space, having previously run Sempra Energy Trading and RBS Sempra Commodities. The team members contributed to the growth and success of several competitive energy suppliers, including Sempra Energy Solutions.
- Drillock, Gregory Greenwich, Connecticut-based Freepoint Commodities, LLC Chief Information Officer
- Freepoint Commodities, LLC Treasurer Mary Ellen Yacura Greenwich, Connecticut
- Greenwich, Connecticut resident Stephen Ludwig works as a desktop engineer for Freepoint Commodities, LLC.
- Greenwich, Connecticut-based John Sizer is the Energy Marketing Manager at Freepoint Commodities, LLC.
- Jennifer Farris Senior Contract Negotiator at Freepoint Commodities, LLC Greenwich, Connecticut
- Glen Grayeb is the Director of Northeast Power for Freepoint Commodities, LLC in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Godwin Joseph Freepoint Commodities, LLC Greenwich, Connecticut Chief Technology Officer
- Warren Davidson Freepoint Commodities, LLC Greenwich, Connecticut Slot Director
- Anthony Campisi Freepoint Commodities, LLC, Greenwich, Connecticut Director of Information Technology
- Greenwich, Connecticut resident Michael Nahmias is the Managing Director of Freepoint Commodities, LLC.
- Walsh, Ed Greenwich, Connecticut-based Enterprise Architect at Freepoint Commodities, LLC
- Greenwich, Connecticut-based Hasmik Sargsyan works as a Network Infrastructure Specialist for Freepoint Commodities, LLC.
- Greenwich, Connecticut based Ian Read Freepoint Commodities, LLC
- And Greenwich, Connecticut-based Ken Jackson Information Technology at Freepoint Commodities, LLC
- Bryan Caviness is the Senior Vice President of Freepoint Commodities, LLC in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Greenwich, Connecticut resident Frank Conley is the Managing Director of Freepoint Commodities, LLC.
- Wendy Lewis is the Senior Vice President of Freepoint Commodities, LLC in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Greenwich, Connecticut-based Nan Swan Freepoint Commodities, LLC
David Messer Achievements
Here are some of the achievements David Messer has been able to gain in the business world:
- Messer eventually saw his firm largely sold off to JP Morgan in early 2010, allowing the US bank to grow a business that now rivals Wall Street’s other commodity titans, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley.
- Rather than easing into retirement or starting his hedge fund, he wanted to rebuild a company from the ground up.
- Freepoint also signed a $500 million credit facility with several banks at the end of last year to support its trading activities and expansion.
- Messer began his commodities trading career in 1983 with Drexel Burham Lambert and then AIG, trading metals and energy, eventually rising to the position of president of AIG’s trading arm before overseeing its sale to Sempra in 1997.
- Over the next eight years, he was instrumental in increasing annual revenues from $50 million to $1.5 billion.
You may also like to know Jackie Chan Net Worth 2022 | Biography, Income, Career, Cars
David Messer Quotes
We present you with 5 punchy aYou maynd powerful quotes from the mouth of this great businessman, David Messer.
- “What you need to understand is it’s not a launch but a restart. To be a privately owned merchant in this environment is an advantage”.
- “We’re nimble, we can operate in an entrepreneurial fashion, we don’t have layers of management and we’re not heavily regulated. We can offer people an environment that is attractive to seasoned professionals. It’s a business that’s about hitting singles consistently rather than going for the big swing,” Messer said.
- “We’re merchants who want to make a little money on every transaction. You need significant bank lines to underpin your trading operations in the physical commodity merchant business.
- “We felt very strongly that we needed a permanent capital base. For us, it made much more sense to find a private equity sponsor and to create a trading firm with permanent equity,”
- “We’re developing a global, physical commodity merchant. We’re developing a business with sustainable earnings that provide excellent returns to our shareholders. We’ve done this exactly before.”
David Messer is only active on LinkedIn. You can’t find him on any other social media platforms.
LinkedIn: David Messer
FAQs David Messer Net Worth
Who owns Freepoint conpany?
Private equity funds are managed by Stone Point Capital, members of Freepoint’s management, and senior employees own Freepoint. David Messer is the CEO.
What services do Freepoint Commodities provide?
Freepoint Commodities are global physical commodity merchants and financiers of upper and mid-stream commodity-producing assets. For counterparties, they offer physical supply services and related structured solutions.
How many people work for Freepoint Commodities?
David Messer is the CEO of over 500 employees in over a dozen locations worldwide.
What does David Messer Rank in the most active people ranking?
David Messer is ranked 346,502 (CB Rank)
What is David Messer’s Net Worth?
David Messer’s net worth remains unknown to this day.
We’ve gathered as much information as possible on David Messer’s net worth, income, and career. Although little is known about his early life and family history, much can be said about his business journey.
- www.bloomberg.com – David A Messer
- www.reuters.com – Freepoint”s David Messer
- www.zoominfo.com – David Messer
- www.crunchbase.com – David Messer