Mother Teresa is one of the famous people that are remembered today for their contributions to humanity. She was loved by many people for her charitable contributions to helping the world. She touched many lives, all her life was dedicated to service, helping out the poor, sick, and helpless.
She touched so many lives and was later canonized after her death. Finding people like her in the world today is very rare. She was criticized for her opinions on some issues, but her words were always powerful.
One of our main purposes in life is to help others out, these Mother Teresa quotes will inspire you to be kind to others. This article contains 50 Best Mother Teresa Quotes In 2022.
Who is Mother Teresa?
Mother Teresa Mary Bojaxhiu born Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu was an Albanian Indian Roman Catholic nun and missionary, born on 26 August 1918 and died 5 September 1997. She was from Skopje, now the capital of North Macedonia, which was formerly a part of the Kosovo Vilayet of the Ottoman Empire. She spent eighteen years in Skopje before moving to Ireland and then to India where she stayed for a very long time.
Mother Teresa founded the Missionaries of Charity, a Roman Catholic religious organization that had more than 4,500 nuns and was active in 133 countries worldwide. All her life she was dedicated to serving humanity. She is best known as the mother of Charity, a woman with a big heart. She helped the sick, orphans, homeless, and every other person that needed help.
She won a lot of awards for her selfless service to humanity, and she was criticized so many times however she was later made a saint on the 4th of September, known as Saint Teresa Of Calcutta, 2016 and 5th of September, the anniversary of her death is her feast day.
Why Do You Need Mother Teresa Quotes?
There are several reasons why you need mother Teresa’s quotes and they include:
• For Motivation
As a giver or a charity organization, her quotes will serve as a source of motivation especially when you feel like giving up. It’s not easy to help people without getting anything in return. So whenever you feel discouraged, her quotes can motivate you to do more.
• Source of Inspiration
Mother Teresa was one of the greatest charitable givers in the world. She helped people selflessly without expecting anything in return. All her life, serving humanity and bringing smiles to people’s faces was a cause she pursued passionately. Her life should serve as an example and inspiration to us, let’s help each other. We should strive to volunteer freely without expecting any form of reward.
• It also serves as a reminder to you that the best form of service on Earth is the service to humanity. Putting smiles on faces will always have a rewarding effect on you. Helping others solve their problems will automatically make you forget yours.
50 Best Mother Teresa Quotes On Giving In 2022
Here’s a compilation of the 50 Best Mother Teresa Quotes On Giving:
1. If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
In our daily lives, you find out that people who are always quick to judge others do not really love them. If you love someone, then you’ll correct them appropriately without pointing fingers. Nobody is perfect.
2. Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
This Mother Teresa quote simply means that we’re not all born great. Some of us do not have any special talent or the ability to achieve great things but the little things we can do in life can be done with great love. It could be as small as helping an elderly person cross a busy road.
3. I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.” – Mother Teresa
God is an ever-loving father. He’ll never give us a burden we can’t handle. Everything you need to make life easier and better for you has been created by God. He trusts us so much that he handed the love and care for humanity to us all. Therefore let’s try to help each other.
4. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
Kind words are always like cold water to a raging flame. It’s not hard to say kind words to people that need to hear it. You might feel the words don’t matter but you have no idea what damages your words fixed. It’s like the opposite of angry words that are hurtful and that create deep internal wounds. Never spare a second to kindly speak to someone.
5.. “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” – Mother Teresa
Definitely, we’re all born with different gifts and talents. What I can do is not what you can do, and what I can handle is most likely something you can’t. We’re all unique in our ways. When we all combine our different talents, we can achieve something great.
6. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” – Mother Teresa
Smiles are one of the most beautiful things you can use to brighten up people’s life. Genuinely smiling at someone especially when they’re in need is a way of showing them that there’s hope. A smile makes the heart merry.
7. “God doesn’t require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.” – Mother Teresa
In our call to serve humanity, we should always remember that nobody is asking you to be perfect but to just put in an effort. Volunteering to do something no matter how small is more appreciated than saying you can’t, who knows, just by rendering a helping hand, you can easily change the outcome of an event. It is better to try than to say you can’t.
8. “Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.” – Mother Teresa
The worst thing that can happen to anyone in the world is being forgotten and unwanted by everyone, it can actually be so depressing. You would even want to give up. It is better to have nothing to eat and be loved than to have food and be hated by everyone.
9.. “Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.” – Mother Teresa
Love is not hard, we only make it look hard. There’s no ceremony or elaborate performance in showing love to people. It doesn’t mean you’re weak, it only shows how great of a person you are. All we need to make humanity better is love without attaching any expectations to it. All you have to do is try.
10. “Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world.” – Mother Teresa
Charity they say begins at home, but the world today is ruled by one thing, money and wealth. In some homes, nobody has time for anyone, even the children suffer this too. Well, if we do not start showing love amongst our family and relatives, how then do you want to show it to a stranger.
11. “I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.” – Mother Teresa
Isn’t that what we’re all meant to be? We should all be a medium through which God shows his wonderful love to humanity. At the end of it all, our main purpose on Earth shouldn’t be how wealthy we were but how many lives we impacted with our love.
12. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
You might not have the resources to feed a thousand, but it doesn’t matter. Your target shouldn’t be how to care for a lot of people, but how to care for just one person. One person at a time will eventually make a thousand.
13. “I want you to be concerned about your next-door neighbor. Do you know your next-door neighbor?” – Mother Teresa
Before you start looking afar, consider those close to you. Your next-door neighbor doesn’t necessarily need to mean a physical neighbor but anyone who’s in help.
14. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
This Mother Teresa quote is simply saying that when there’s no peace then that’s because we’ve forgotten that before anything else we’re one. When countries are at war, it’s because they no longer have a love for each other but this shouldn’t be the case. For the world to be a better place, we all have to live peacefully with each other.
15. “If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.” – Mother Teresa
Let’s keep spreading the love everywhere we go. Reach out to people, put a smile on their faces, tell them you love them, and they’ll never forget it, they too will in turn do it to someone who needs that.
16. “It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.” – Mother Teresa
One of the greatest acts of kindness is helping those who cannot help themselves. It is not good to overlook the helpless, in whatever way you can, always reach out to the less privileged no matter how little.
17. “It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.” – Mother Teresa
Most of us always fear comfortable helping strangers than family, how can we show love to strangers if we don’t start from our roots. Don’t forget, charity begins at home.
18. “Intense love does not measure, it just gives.” – Mother Teresa
Love never measures or counts how much it has done. Love is all about giving and helping each other out without looking back. It doesn’t seek rewards or compensation.
19. “It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.” – Mother Teresa
When it comes to helping out or volunteering towards a cause, it is not always about the amount of work you put into it but the amount of love that was dedicated to that cause.
20. “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.” – Mother Teresa
While you might use your money to look out for people, it is not always enough without love to back it up. Humanity needs your love to be joyful. Wherever you go make sure that your love is felt there. Let it be contagious.
21. “Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.” – Mother Teresa
The worst feeling in the world is being lonely and not having anyone around you. It could get depressing and even make you sick. Nobody wants to be left alone for a very long time. So spread the love like a candle in the dark to light up every depressed soul.
22. “Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.” – Mother Teresa
Never be ashamed of yourself because you help the less privileged, that is one job to be proud of. Not everyone can freely give without expecting a gift in return. So keep doing your best to help others.
23. “Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.” – Mother Teresa
Love is always welcomed with open arms, no one has ever turned down an offer of love. No matter the season or time, people never reject a helping hand. Love never dries up neither is it seasonal.
24. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
No matter where you are spread the love, let people feel the impact. Always leave a place with smiles on people’s faces. Let there be a positive change wherever you are.
25. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
No one has ever reported a case of a fight breaking out because of a smile. A smile can reduce the tension in a room. Whenever there’s an argument between two parties when one of them genuinely laughs out, the rest would join in and that would be the end of the fight.
26. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean will be less without that one single drop.” – Mother Teresa
Never underestimate the level at which your help could change the world. There’s no reason for you to say you can’t do it, nobody was born all-knowing. All you need to do is try. More hands are better than few or none at all.
27. “There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things that we could use.” – Mother Teresa
Living wealthy most times means you’ve worked very hard to earn it and you deserve it but being rich and having a lot doesn’t mean you should waste it. Do not forget there are thousands of people out there who don’t have anything, so instead of throwing out something because you no longer need it, the best thing to do is pack it nicely and send it to people who need it. You’ll be putting a smile on someone’s face by doing that.
28. “There is more hunger in the world for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.” – Mother Teresa
People might not show it, but everyone needs a pat on the back with a loving smile and some nice words. People crave love and appreciation more than food, therefore never spare a moment to show love and appreciation to people.
29. “Please choose the way of peace. In the short term, there may be winners and losers in this war that we all dread. But that never can, or never will justify the suffering, pain, and loss of life your weapons will cause.” – Mother Teresa
War is devastating, war leaves a lot of scars and damages behind. It is better to tread the path of peace than seek war. Of course, there’ll always be winners and losers in a battle but in the end, both sides are still losers in a way because lives will never be the same again.
30. “Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.” – Mother Teresa
Having all the riches in the world doesn’t mean you’ll have peace of mind, yes, it’s true that money solves problems but even the wealthiest people always need love and a place where they belong.
31. “We fear the future because we are wasting today.” – Mother Teresa
Whatever seeds we plant today will have an impact in the future either positive or negative. In order to have a wonderful future, we have to start planning fruitfully today.
32. “If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.” – Mother Teresa
Humility is the best form of character, when you’re humble nothing bothers you, praise doesn’t get to you and neither do you feel depressed by negative criticism.
33. “Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.” – Mother Teresa
Whatever does not spread the love of God increases hate and injustice. Christ is the light that swallows up every darkness. Any act that does not spread the light of Christ brings darkness.
34. “Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home.” ― Mother Teresa
Like we earlier stated, charity begins at home. You cannot love a stranger when you’ve not helped those close to you. The best form of volunteering begins from the home.
35. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” ― Mother Teresa
There’s really no need to work yourself up about the future. Just forget about the present, make each moment count for you and everyone around you.
36. “We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.” – ― Mother Teresa
We will keep emphasizing this, you don’t need weapons for peace to reign. All we all need is love, a little smile diffuses the tension in an environment.
37. “Work without love is slavery.” ― Mother Teresa
Any job you’re doing without love is pointless, it’s like a punishment. In everything you do always make sure you do something that gives you joy.
38. “Jesus said love one another. He didn’t say love the whole world.” ― Mother Teresa
When He said love one another, it doesn’t mean we should love the whole world, start with the people you see. Love and care for them genuinely, it doesn’t matter if it’s just one person or a thousand, all that matters is your heart.
39. “Some people come in our life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.” ― Mother Teresa
Not everyone that comes into our lives is a blessing to us, some came to be blessed by us, while some came to destroy us, that should not change our good character but serve as a life experience to us.
40. “If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.” ― Mother Teresa
This simply means that you shouldn’t be discouraged by people’s negative reactions. No matter what you do in life, some people will still be jealous of you. People will still envy you, so do what you want to do as long as you’re not hurting anyone.
41. “What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight; build it anyway.” ― Mother Teresa
There’s no guarantee in life that whatever we start will not fall, a lot of powerful empires that existed in ancient times are no more. People start businesses, companies, and they all crumble in one day. In as much as we can’t predict the future, that shouldn’t stop us from pursuing what we want.
42. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” ― Mother Teresa
For you to achieve your goals and accomplish great things, you’ll have to put in a lot of effort, be consistent, and be dedicated. All this takes discipline, and without discipline, nothing can be achieved.
43. “I fear just one thing: Money! Greed was what motivated Judas to sell Jesus” ― Mother Teresa
Money is good, but it is also the root of evil. It has led so many great men to their downfall. People can do anything for money, greed is one of the things that control the heart of men and they can go to any length and even betray their closest relatives for money.
44. “Life is a challenge, we must take it.” ― Mother Teresa
Life is not a bed of roses, and even roses have thorns. Life is filled with ups and downs. It is a puzzle we must keep solving until we complete our purposes on earth.
45. “I don’t do great things. I do small things with great love.”― Mother Teresa.
Little efforts count too, you don’t need to do something great before you’re appreciated. What is the need of doing something great without love? The best thing is to do something with lots of love no matter how small.
46. “Together we can do great things.”― Mother Teresa
We all need each other to survive, without the help of people we cannot achieve anything. The greatest form of resources is human resources. Whether you like it or not, you need people in life to succeed. More hands are better than less or nothing at all.
47. “The greatest mistake is to think you are too strong to fall into temptation. Put your finger in the fire and it will burn. So we have to go through the fire.”― Mother Teresa
No one is above temptation, a lot of things in life are tempting. To think that you’re immune to temptation or you can resist temptation is the biggest way to fall into temptation.
48. “Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure as long as you have done your best.”― Mother Teresa.Teresa.
Don’t get discouraged by your failures, see them as your first attempt at learning. So long as you have put in your best, you’re not a failure. Keep trying and improving, before you know it you’ll succeed.
49. “We cannot give what we have not got.”― Mother Teresa
If you’ve never experienced love how will you show it? If you’re poor or homeless, how do you want to help someone in that same situation? We only give what we have.
50. “Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.”― Mother Teresa.
It doesn’t matter giving your best to anyone, people will never tell you they’re satisfied or that they no longer need your help. No matter what you do for people, it will never be enough but that shouldn’t stop you from doing your best.
In a world where everyone is after their well-being at the determent of others. People are more interested in fulfilling their selfish needs and they don’t mind stepping on the helpless to achieve their aim.
These Mother Teresa quotes should serve as a reminder to us that before anything else kindness should come first. Putting smiles on people’s faces and touching lives should be one of our utmost priorities in life. Like Mother Teresa said, we all need each other to achieve greatness.
Let these quotes serve as a source of motivation and inspiration to do more for the good of humanity, no matter how small your effort is, it will always be appreciated.