Other teachers feel they have more options than preschool teachers regarding career flexibility.
Preschool teachers feel they must be in the classroom or change careers.
Well, you can still be in the classroom from the comfort of your home and make as much as is paid at the school.
Basically, there are online jobs for you as a preschool teacher to keep doing what you love, not in a conventional way. Relax as we explain all you will need to know.
10 Best Online Jobs For Preschool Teachers That Pay Well | 2023
- Virtual Montessori Teacher – ExcellED Schools
- French Immersion Preschool/Kindergarten Teacher for Remote Learning
- Ancora Education
- The Salvation Army Eastern Territory
- Early Childhood School Teacher (Part-Time/Flex)
- Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT) – Preschool
- North American Online ESL Teacher for Children of 4-12 Years Old
- Online Speech/Debate teacher (K-8th)
- Montclair Child Development Center, Inc. – Assistant Teacher Pre-K
- Serendipity Preschool and Child Care
- Special Education Developmental Preschool Teacher
1. Virtual Montessori Teacher – ExcellED Schools
If you are a gifted and motivated educator eager to change how children learn, this could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you. The ExcellED way is an innovative approach to early childhood education being developed at ExcellED Schools and a new preschool. It follows their insatiable curiosity, thirst for knowledge, and desire for entertainment.
So, if you enjoy having fun, being adventurous, and caring, please submit your application as soon as possible! Exceptional educators from both traditional and non-traditional programs are encouraged to apply.
Montessori-trained teachers are being sought for our online preschool program. This position requires the delivery of one-on-one Montessori lessons to designated students. Montessori certification is required.
It is one of the online jobs for preschool teachers.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
2. French Immersion Preschool/Kindergarten Teacher for Online Learning
This is one of the best online jobs for preschool teachers that pay well. This position is not a work-study position. One perk is the retirement plan added to this position.
Part-time $18.50-$20.00 per hour
4 hours per week is the standard time needed for this work.
La Maison des Enfants, a Tanner Dance French Immersion Preschool/Kindergarten of the University of Utah campus in the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts & Education Complex, is looking for a Principal Teacher to teach its online junior kindergarten class for children ages 4-5.
This course is entirely delivered online through Zoom. This small class has only five students.
The classes are Monday through Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
All applicants must understand French. Even though this is a remote position, candidates must be US citizens.
If you have questions about this posting, please call 801-581-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Ancora Education Early Childhood Education Instructor
For this online jobs for preschool teachers, experience is required, as well as an active certification or license where applicable.
The preschool teachers must either complete the new instructor training or have prior teaching experience that can be verified before they can begin teaching.
Technical/occupational courses for the bachelor’s degree require at least four years of verifiable practical experience in the field of instruction and a degree equivalent to the level of the course being taught in that field.
Before you apply for this online jobs for preschool teachers, make sure you meet these requirements;
- Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of appearance, behavior, and attitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Confirming that the instructor has the tools to run an online course efficiently is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and experience working with a diverse range of customers and employees
- Capability to work in a coaching/observing environment
- Acceptance of responsibility, ability to set priorities, and meet deadlines
4. The Salvation Army’s Eastern Territory
This is one of the best online jobs for preschool teachers pays $24-$16 per hour.
The Salvation Army’s Syracuse Area Services Day Care Unit assists families by providing on-site day care services.
Teachers will offer enrichment services to support a child’s growth, learning, and success demonstrating our dedication to serving all families and children, including those with disabilities.
The programs provide a healthy, safe, and encouraging learning environment for children of all backgrounds to understand their specific needs and design a learning experience that promotes their growth.
The teachers are solely responsible for developing, implementing, facilitating, supervising, and evaluating our Early Head Start program within the classrooms. This is a fantastic opportunity to teach young children and support their development.
There are some unique benefits from this online jobs for preschool teachers. See the responsibilities;
- Develop a curriculum with the room staff team that uses EHS curriculum to address the needs of the group and individual children effectively.
- Supervise, model, support, and encourage the professional development of all childcare staff and volunteers through team meetings, joint program planning, and daily interactions.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in any classroom setting with students ranging in age from 6 weeks to 5 years as needed to maintain the required classroom ratio
- Maintain the classroom’s cleanliness, minor repairs, health and safety concerns, and ordered supplies and equipment.
5. Flexible/Part-Time Early Childhood School Teacher
You can apply for the online jobs for preschool teachers at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School.
Consider this opportunity if you are an experienced teacher looking for a unique part-time position leading instructional blocks for our Early Childhood (K/1st) students.
This is a flexible and part-time position with a daily schedule ranging from 3-6 hours. This position requires two years of lead teaching experience in Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, or Fourth Grade.
Knowing the Bridges in Mathematics or CKLA curricula is a plus.
It should be noted that a current teaching certification is NOT required. However, you must show your COVID-19 vaccination documentation.
Part-time early childhood teachers earn $125 per hour. This rate is consistent with TEP’s mission of leveraging exceptional teachers to achieve educational equity.
How to Apply:
The procedure begins with the application listed below. To be considered, you must submit an application with the following three components: a resume, a cover letter, and proof of student learning. Each of the three components has individual requirements.
6. Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT) – Preschool
Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT) positions are currently available in our CPSE program at E&D Children Center.
This online jobs for preschool teachers are available remotely, at home, or in schools.
As an SEIT, you will.
- Plan and deliver therapy to children aged three to five.
- Collaborate with the family and a multidisciplinary team to develop goals and outcomes for the children.
- Encourage participation, and inform family members about various intervention techniques.
- Maintain accurate records to comply with state and local regulations.
- Conduct necessary assessments and generate thorough reports by district standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates. The pay is great. Bilingual skills are a plus!
7. North American ESL Teacher Online for Children Ages 4-12
This is an opportunity for online preschool teachers.
English tutoring is available for students in kindergarten through seventh grade.
Here are the requirements for this position:
- A reliable internet connection.
- Own a laptop equipped with a camera and headphones
- The ability to function independently and teach independently in the classroom, cooperate with others, and follow directions
- At least a year of experience teaching ESL to children online.
- A college degree in any subject
- A laid-back and fun-loving personality
Salary: $15-$17 per hour plus bonuses.
8. Online Debate And Speech Tutor (K-8th)
This online jobs for preschool teachers is by E Planet Kids, founded in Southern California in 2020.
They are a group of parents and educators who understand the value of laying the groundwork for children’s literacy and fluency at a crucial stage of development through virtual learning.
E Planet Kids (EPK) works to encourage and facilitate a robust online literacy experience by providing an evidence-based curriculum that meets the highest standards, qualified and enthusiastic teachers, and a supportive staff that maintains open lines of communication.
They are committed to providing a high-quality, demanding, and encouraging online education experience as part of our commitment to developing long-term relationships with families.
We currently have students from China, Europe, Australia, Canada, and the United States. They require experienced instructors to run the preschool and elementary school courses to teach phonics, reading, writing, public speaking, Spanish, and Singapore math, to name a few subjects.
Send your resume, cover letter, and a video demonstration of your online teaching.
- bachelor’s degree in a related field
- five years of teaching experience
- A year of online teaching experience
- Dedication to children’s education and success
- Participation in professional development is required.
- Technical expertise in Google Slides, Zoom, and Google Classroom
The hourly wage ranges from $25 to $35.
This online jobs for preschool teachers pay well. Employed teachers will be available from Monday to Friday and on Weekends.
It is preferable to have a bachelor’s degree.
9. Montclair Child Development Center, Inc. – Assistant Teacher, Pre-K
Preschool teachers share responsibility for collaborating with the Head Teacher, families, and other staff members to achieve positive outcomes for the children in the Head Start classroom.
They aid in the execution of objectives, guidelines, and initiatives developed to implement performance standards and educational goals.
Assists in administering and scoring COR, ESI, and other assessment tools to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment. Encourages emotional and social development in children.
Assists teachers in developing and implementing effective lesson plans, implementing the High Scope Curriculum, and utilizing complementary early learning resources and strategies.
All the roles above are expected by the employer to be performed by the teacher employed.
This position is in collaboration with the Orange Board of Education.
10. Serendipity Preschool and Child Care
Child Care Teacher Salary: $11.00 to $15.00 per hour
Serendipity Preschool and Child Care Center recruit full-time and part-time childcare teachers.
The online jobs for preschool teachers offer a $500 hire bonus.
To qualify as an online teacher, you must be;
- Dependable, committed, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Willing to work with mixed-age groups of children from six weeks to twelve years.
- Highly motivated and able to focus, pay attention, and assist children all day.
- Able to communicate effectively with children, coworkers, and parents/clients.
Responsibilities also include, among other things, meeting the needs of the children in care and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families prefers certified candidates but will assist and train if the fit is right.
The hourly wage ranges from $11 to $15.
You will work Monday through Friday.
11. Special Education Developmental Preschool Teacher
Academic excellence is a priority for innovative, student-centered Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS). The mission is to inspire and prepare all students to think responsibly, creatively, and critically, to accept diversity, and to pursue their goals with purpose.
Therefore, they need online preschool teachers who will educate these young ones.
Who Exactly Is A Preschool Teacher?
A preschool teacher introduces a child to school and formal education. Young children’s first academic experiences can shape the rest of their educational journey. Preschool teachers look after children ages three to five before they enter kindergarten.
They teach a variety of subjects to their students, including fundamental academics, language, social, and motor skills. Preschoolers gain independence while learning the alphabet, numbers, colors, and shapes. However, the majority of these games have an educational component.
Teachers in preschools also assist students in preparing for kindergarten. There are many more lucrative jobs than teaching young children, but few are as fulfilling.
What Are The Steps to Becoming a Preschool Teacher?
Even though teaching preschool requires a bachelor’s degree, some positions for preschool teachers do not need one. Some positions as preschool teachers may only require a community college associate’s degree in early childhood education.
The state’s education requirements for preschool teachers have a significant impact. However, before enrolling in an academic program, check your state’s needs, as most states require preschool teachers to have a bachelor’s degree.
- Gain experience working with young children.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education.
- Complete your student teaching.
- Obtain a state license.
- Join state and national preschool teacher organizations.
Preschool and kindergarten teachers must meet stringent certification and education requirements.
- Education: bachelor’s degree
- Certification: a teaching license, a state certification, or a Child Development Associate credential are acceptable.
- Typical study period: 2-4 years
- Preschool and kindergarten teachers must follow specific guidelines:
- Complete a pre-approved course of study.
- Pass state or national competency exams to obtain a teaching license or certification.
Preschool and kindergarten teachers frequently obtain early childhood education, special education, or child development degrees. You may have taken courses in early childhood learning technology, child development theory, and educational and developmental psychology as well.
More states require pre-K and preschool teachers to have a bachelor’s degree and certification from a program for teaching young children, such as the Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate and a teaching license.
To keep their license or credential active, preschool teachers must complete continuing education credits, or CEUs, in addition to their initial certification and educational degree.
If you meet the state’s requirements, you can work in either public or private educational institutions. Parochial or faith-based schools and daycare facilities are examples of private settings. Other job opportunities include working with children at American military bases, government offices, and large private businesses with on-site daycare or preschool facilities.
What is Preschool Teacher Salary & Career
Preschool teachers can work in daycare centers with preschool programs and private, public, or nonprofit schools. National programs such as Head Start employ preschool teachers; at least half must have a bachelor’s degree.
While some preschool teachers work all year, most take the summer months off and adhere to the regular school calendar from September to May or June.
Preschool teachers typically earn $30,300 per year. During the summer, preschool teachers may work for public or private camps that cater to children of this age.
According to ZipRecruiter.com, the average salary for preschool and pre-K teachers varies by state, ranging from $21,287 to $29,921.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary for preschool and pre-K teachers is $29,780. The bottom 10% earn less than $20,610, while the top 10% earn more than $55,350.
What are some Preschool And Pre-K Teacher Websites And Blogs?
- Association for Early Learning Leaders Blog
- NAEYC Blog
- Tom Hobson: Teacher Tom
- Paula Harrell: Learn + Play = pre-K
- Jamie White: Play to Learn Preschool
- PreK + K Sharing
- Karry from New York: Yay for PreK
FAQ on 10 Best Online Jobs For Preschool Teachers That Pay Well | 2023
Preschool teachers must be dependable and have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Daycare center director• Preschool Teacher• Special Education Teacher• Childcare Provider• Kindergarten and Elementary School Teacher• Nanny
Virtual Montessori Teacher – ExcellED Schools
French Immersion Preschool/Kindergarten Teacher for Remote Learning
The Salvation Army Eastern Territory
Early Childhood School Teacher (Part-Time/Flex)
Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT) – Preschool
North American Online ESL Teacher for Children of 4-12 Years Old
Online Speech/Debate teacher (K-8th)
Montclair Child Development Center, Inc. – Assistant Teacher Pre-K
Serendipity Preschool and Child Care
We hope you enjoyed reading this article on the online jobs for preschool teachers that pay well in 2023. If you have any questions, reply in the comment section.
- 15 Best Online Jobs For 18-year-olds With No Experience In 2023
- 15 Best Online Jobs For Weekends At Home That Pay Well | 2023
- 15 Online Jobs For 17-Year-olds With No Experience | See Their Pay
- 15 Online Jobs for Autistic Adults in 2023
- 15 Best Online Jobs for High School Students That Pay Well | 2023
- 15 Online Jobs for 15-Year-Olds That Pay Well | 2023